KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » battle droids

battle droids
Started by: onewiththeforce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
onewiththeforce
Restricted

Account Restricted

battle droids

why were the CIS battle droids so stupid. even tho they had computers for brains and should be able to think fast then humans and move fast then use

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 10:56 PM
Click here to Send onewiththeforce a Private Message Find more posts by onewiththeforce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Shatterpoint agrees. Unfortunately, George Lucas is a noob.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Yeah, the "I still can't hit anything" or the fact they don't even listen to direct orders annoys me so much.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 11:18 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

The cartoons killed any chance of the battle droids being taken seriously.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

The commando droids were pretty cool.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The television series is secondary canon; the stupidity of the droids is being exaggerated to appeal to the immaturity of your average child.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I think I watched the episode Rookies and all of the duels; I don't want to expose myself to modern newb shows. Power Rangers, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! (he's the king of games), the DCAU, and the rest of the shows I grew up with were frighteningly awesome. Little kids these days are growing up on shit.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:17 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Publius II
I think I watched the episode Rookies and all of the duels; I don't want to expose myself to modern newb shows. Power Rangers, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! (he's the king of games), the DCAU, and the rest of the shows I grew up with were frighteningly awesome. Little kids these days are growing up on shit.

I'm not fond of most cartoons. I'm particularly reproachful of anime. Only two 'cartoons' have ever attracted my attention: Gargoyles and ReBoot.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I was never a fan of the former - although in hindsight, it was pretty cool - and I've never heard of the latter.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:24 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Publius II
I was never a fan of the former - although in hindsight, it was pretty cool - and I've never heard of the latter.

ReBoot was phenomenal; it was a Canadian-based CGI television series that ran from '94 to '98, and then had a brief revival in '01, that detailed the 'lives' within a computer. For example, it personified viruses and sprites and pixels and anti-virus software, et cetera. The protagonist was a 'Guardian' by the name of Bob who defended the cybercity of Mainframe from viral threats. The show was really ahead of its time; it incorporated a great deal of humor and adult-oriented themes, especially later on. Ask Lightsnake all about it; he and I are huge fans of the show.

It also featured the voice work of the late Tony Jay as the virus Megabyte; the character is an extremely popular and well regarded villain on the internet.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:28 PM
Eminence
Boss

I might check that out.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:35 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

They have all of the episodes on Youtube. It's 30 minutes per episode; want me to link you to the first one?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:38 PM
Eminence
Boss

Please do.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:43 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQgybOH1tw

Enjoy, sir. You'll love it.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:45 PM
Eminence
Boss

Xiexie.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 06:47 PM
chilled monkey

Re: battle droids

Originally posted by onewiththeforce
why were the CIS battle droids so stupid. even tho they had computers for brains and should be able to think fast then humans and move fast then use

Basically because the CIS were cheapskates.

Battle droids did not possess independant computer brains Each battle droid possessed little more than a receiver by which they recieved instructions from a control station. Essentially they were remote-controlled toy soldiers with guns. None of them had any ability to think or react independantly.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 01:19 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Gideon
ReBoot was phenomenal; it was a Canadian-based CGI television series that ran from '94 to '98, and then had a brief revival in '01, that detailed the 'lives' within a computer. For example, it personified viruses and sprites and pixels and anti-virus software, et cetera. The protagonist was a 'Guardian' by the name of Bob who defended the cybercity of Mainframe from viral threats. The show was really ahead of its time; it incorporated a great deal of humor and adult-oriented themes, especially later on. Ask Lightsnake all about it; he and I are huge fans of the show.

It also featured the voice work of the late Tony Jay as the virus Megabyte; the character is an extremely popular and well regarded villain on the internet.
Count me as amongst those fans, I loved that show.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Count me as amongst those fans, I loved that show.

Amen.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 03:31 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Aside from Tony Jay's death, was there any reason they left the show in a cliffhanger? I found it hard to adapt to webcomics.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Aside from Tony Jay's death, was there any reason they left the show in a cliffhanger? I found it hard to adapt to webcomics.

Tony Jay died in 2006. Mainframe (the company that created ReBoot) dissolved around that time.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 06:29 AM