KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » A Serious Question: Galen Marek stronger than Vader?

A Serious Question: Galen Marek stronger than Vader?
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

A Serious Question: Galen Marek stronger than Vader?

When Galen died he had just previously defeated Vader who was 80% of Sidious's strength. Can it be questioned that Galen Marek was stronger than Vader? At the time, he had Vader completely at his mercy and could have killed him, but didn't. Galen was a quasi-Jedi and a hell of a lot stronger than Luke in ROTJ and stronger than Obi-Wan. So is it safe to assume he was stronger than Vader? I'm not making any assumptions or stating my opinion, but is a very good question.

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Obviously.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
Obviously.

In form of Force potency ability and usage definately, sabers however I believe vader would have him. Since a qoute from TFU novel says that approx "Vader was overpowering him[marek] until he[marek] used the force to rip Vader's saber from his grasp."

Or something like that.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 08:53 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

He was never "overpowering" him, from the analysis I've seen. The best he did was scorch Marek's clothing.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
He was never "overpowering" him, from the analysis I've seen. The best he did was scorch Marek's clothing.

Hmph, well Vader certainly kicked my behind on TFU.

Alas, Galen Would win overall anyway so what does it matter.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 09:30 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I have a question: which canon is actually stronger? The novel canon? Or the cut-scene canon? Because, I mean, in the cut-scene, Marek kicks the shit out of Vader, all-out. I don't know about the novel.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 01:35 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Since Marek kinda, you know, beat Vader,

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 01:49 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Major Valerian
I have a question: which canon is actually stronger? The novel canon? Or the cut-scene canon? Because, I mean, in the cut-scene, Marek kicks the shit out of Vader, all-out. I don't know about the novel.

I honestly don't know. I could see it going either way. The reasons for the novel being higher canon is obvious but at the same time the videogame was the main object of TFU merchandise (novel,comic, and game) sort of like the movie was in relation to the novel.Though i prefer/hope it is the novel because of the details of the fights.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

How does the fight go in the novel?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I would definitely take the novel over the game in most cases, especially since we can't really say for certainty which one of the games shows us the "real" story; the Wii, 360/PS3, PS2, PSP, and DS versions all have differences in the cutscenes. They all point to the same outcome - Vader gets his ass kicked, hard - but the exact details are often contradictory.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 04:14 AM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

as far as story goes, the game was a sad sad breach of canon that lucasarts has yet to pull off. As zero punctuation said "apparently this game is supposed to tie the prequel series to the orginal trilogy which raises the question 'why would we want to do this terrible thing?' Its like tying your breakfast to a plague rat.'
and
"i mean Christ, luke sky walker was supposed to be some sort of force prodigy and the most he could do is move a lightsaber by grimacing it for an hour, and here's this lad clearing an entire hallway with a cough."

Its really a sickening twisted failure at storytelling that needs to be declared uncanon.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:00 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well, true he's extremely powerful in the Force, but he's not the only one to do things on that scale, a kid in the Coruscant Nights series did some pretty amazing things too. And Luke has done some pretty impressive things, I just think it took them longer to show Luke's feats because they had to flesh his character out, Galen Marek was meant to die young, so they could just let him go all out from the get go.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:11 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Really a waste of a character. I know he had no real future because he doesn't show up in the films, but if that was true they should have just done something else entirely.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:25 AM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have rather had a game like that following the story of some jedi with an unknown fate... say, quinlan vos. He could die and start the rebellion and stuff in the same way and it would tie up a main story arch involving one of my favorite characters.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:41 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Technically, it was because of him that the whole rebellion was started. Plus his families symbol was adopted by the Rebellion, without Galen Marek, there is no Rebellion, which in turn means there is now new Alliance.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 10:51 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
it was because of him that the whole rebellion was started.

I haven't played the game or read the book, but this is false. The Novelization of RotS (and deleted scenes from the movie) contradict this: Padme spoke with the instigators of the rebellion (Mon Mothma (sp?) etc.) before Anakin's fall.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I haven't played the game or read the book, but this is false. The Novelization of RotS (and deleted scenes from the movie) contradict this: Padme spoke with the instigators of the rebellion (Mon Mothma (sp?) etc.) before Anakin's fall.

The spelling of Mon Mothma is correct.

Padme did speak to the instigators of the rebellion but it was Galen's sacrifice that firmly set the idea of rebellion in their minds and

Originally posted by KingD19
Technically, it was because of him that the whole rebellion was started. Plus his families symbol was adopted by the Rebellion, without Galen Marek, there is no Rebellion, which in turn means there is now new Alliance.

is correct they unveiled the Marek family crest and it was used as the symbol of the Rebellion.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 05:22 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Yup, but there was still no cohesion. Garm Bel Iblis comes to mind: apparently after Bail died on Alderaan, he and Mon Mothma lacked a moderator between them and he left to wage a "private war". That same... difference was present before TFU and it was Marek who unified them under a leader and banner. He only lasted about 20 seconds but still, point remains.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Plus he also f*$%#& up that 7'2 asthmatic with the torso lite brite.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 07:53 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That reminds me, I have to find an ATM.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2009 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote