KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Flow walking explinations?

Flow walking explinations?
Started by: xxxpoppunker182

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xxxpoppunker182

Flow walking explinations?

K so my friend thinks that when you flow walk you can change the past or future but as I understand it all you can do is go back and view the events of the past.

Like Jacen couldn't have killed vader when he flow walked back to see him.

the wookieepedia entry says

"When one flow-walks, they can only change a person's perception of the past, but not the past itself. "

I get this but he doesn't. Can anyone help me out?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:56 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

See, kids, when a mommy teen and a daddy teen go to an orgy, sometimes accidents happen; accidents which are accentuated when they find out that they are cousins.

So in essence, your freind is an imbred product of such a scenario.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Flow Walk is the most stupidest force power EU has came up with.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Napoleon, nobody can know that for sure.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i hate that movie.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:31 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

me dos

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait...if they could flow walk, then could they not have virtually complete omniscience of everything that happened in the past? Couldn't jedi who learned that use it to track down any villain that they're looking for?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Wait...if they could flow walk, then could they not have virtually complete omniscience of everything that happened in the past? Couldn't jedi who learned that use it to track down any villain that they're looking for?

I'd assume it has its limits. But the presence of such powers just proves that the golden era time period was far more interesting than the NJO era, and authors always want to connect their NJO to the old legends.

At the end of the day it is a bit disappointing that with an entire galaxy worth of stories authors could only come up with another galactic civil war, and another skywalker turned Sith.

We don't see any well crafted planetary based conflicts. It's all one over dramatic half baked galactic war after another.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I think a plotline about a single planet (Or two?) would be interesting. We've had centuries of stories just about Earth, and some were pretty great. Why not get some focus?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about a story in which the Empire attempts to invade modern day Earth with 500,000 stormtroopers.... and some other troops?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
What about a story in which the Empire attempts to invade modern day Earth with 500,000 stormtroopers.... and some other troops?
what about you shut up about that dumb shit?

1. Star wars happened a long long time ago.

2. Nobody in star wars or our galaxy has the ability to transgalactically travel.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:32 AM
searching......
Restricted

Account Restricted

Time based powers are stupid and misleading in name.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:43 AM
Click here to Send searching...... a Private Message Find more posts by searching...... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I think a plotline about a single planet (Or two?) would be interesting. We've had centuries of stories just about Earth, and some were pretty great. Why not get some focus?

That's the issue. You have 1000s upon 1000s of planets in SW many with billions of sapient inhabitants, each with it's own continents and nations and still authors are wasting the NJO potential on unconvincing galaxy wide civil wars.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Flow Walk is the most stupidest force power EU has came up with.

So true.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2009 01:50 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Flow walking explinations?

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
K so my friend thinks that when you flow walk you can change the past or future but as I understand it all you can do is go back and view the events of the past.

Like Jacen couldn't have killed vader when he flow walked back to see him.

the wookieepedia entry says

"When one flow-walks, they can only change a person's perception of the past, but not the past itself. "

I get this but he doesn't. Can anyone help me out?

Tell your friend that Jacen flat-out states in "Inferno" that you cannot change the past.

"Any change they made in the past would be corrected by the Force and the flow would return to its present course."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 02:46 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Re: Flow walking explinations?

Originally posted by chilled monkey
Tell your friend that Jacen flat-out states in "Inferno" that you cannot change the past.

"Any change they made in the past would be corrected by the Force and the flow would return to its present course."

Ya that helps.

BUt also can you change the future? Because Jacen kind of does that in the DN trilogy. I'm talkin about in Joiner KIng when you talks to Leia in the futre.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 09:08 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
what about you shut up about that dumb shit?

1. Star wars happened a long long time ago.

2. Nobody in star wars or our galaxy has the ability to transgalactically travel.

Sorry, it was just a joke (*waits for rant about how that wasn't funny*)

There ARE small stories that involve just a few/one planet, sometimes even just a city. However, it would be lame to base a main, big story on just a few planets when the entire galaxy is connected.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:17 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

You can have a major story on a single planet. Personally it's amazing how the galaxy could even allow a second galactic civil war.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 04:22 AM
alterangel
Serving the Living Force

Btw I am that friend. Me and poppunker have talked about this a bunch. I think flow walking is contradictory in itself. When Jacen goes to see vader in the temple he specifically states that if vader saw him it would have major ramifications. He also talks to leia and thus changes the future.

He also said that if someone was seen flow walking they would appear as a blur. If someone from the past sees a floating blur walking through their bathroom that is gonna change the past. Maybe in a tiny minute miniscule way but that person will remember that event thus changing the past.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 07:43 AM
Click here to Send alterangel a Private Message Find more posts by alterangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I believe Luke confirms in Omen that a flow-walker can change the past "in some small way." That might not be the exact wording, but I skimmed through the book yesterday at B&N and that caught my eye.

Also, Luke can now teleport things.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote