KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Prime of the Jedi=PT Era

Prime of the Jedi=PT Era
Started by: alterangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alterangel
Serving the Living Force

Prime of the Jedi=PT Era

We all know that the PT Era=the prime of the Jedi. But my question is:

Does that mean Jedi Order in general?

aka numbers, wealth, galactic standing, control

OR

were the Jedi themselves more powerful?

aka generally speaking the individual Jedi tended to be more powerful in the force and better trained than anyother era

Id understand either but Id like to know what you guys think.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:10 AM
Click here to Send alterangel a Private Message Find more posts by alterangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Prime of the Jedi=PT Era

quote: (post)
by alterangel

OR

aka generally speaking the individual Jedi tended to be more powerful in the force and better trained than anyother era

GL stated that the pt era was the golden age for the jedi in lightsaber combat. But that's all i know bud

I would think that it's a mix of the two though. They for sure had more jedi in the PT era than any other as for galactic standing i'm not so sure since the republic was comepletely fine with the murder of all of them.

as to the power of individuals thats up for debate since every age has their prodigies and just flat out good force useres and I'd put one of those from lets say Revans era above someone like colmen treber.

Last edited by xxxpoppunker182 on Jul 27th, 2009 at 05:39 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:36 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Re: Re: Prime of the Jedi=PT Era

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
GL stated that the pt era was the golden age for the jedi in lightsaber combat. But that's all i know bud

I would think that it's a mix of the two though. They for sure had more jedi in the PT era than any other as for galactic standing i'm not so sure since the republic was comepletely fine with the murder of all of them.

as to the power of individuals thats up for debate since every age has their prodigies and just flat out good force useres and I'd put one of those from lets say Revans era above someone like colmen treber.

In terms of lightsaber mastery and Force prowess, the KOTOR Jedi are not nearly as powerful as the PT Jedi. I can name you quite a few Jedi from the PT era who would defeat anyone from the KOTOR era (with the exception of Revan and maybe Malak).

What exactly do you mean by 'the republic was completely fine with the murder of all of them'?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Re: Prime of the Jedi=PT Era

Originally posted by alterangel

OR

It's a combination of all those factors. They had the most powerful Jedi in galactic history in the persons of Yoda, Anakin, Mace Windu et al and probably were better trained on average than the Jedi of other eras since they had a long period without upheavals to expand and improve their training.

The Republic was also at its peak during their time, controlling many more systems than was the case in previous eras (like the Kotor era or Bane era), and the Jedi numbers swelled as a result.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's strange that the Jedi in their prime is the jedi right before their fall/near extinction. Same thing with the republic.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Re: Re: Prime of the Jedi=PT Era

Originally posted by Major Valerian
In terms of lightsaber mastery and Force prowess, the KOTOR Jedi are not nearly as powerful as the PT Jedi. I can name you quite a few Jedi from the PT era who would defeat anyone from the KOTOR era (with the exception of Revan and maybe Malak).

that is exactly what i said.

quote:
What exactly do you mean by 'the republic was completely fine with the murder of all of them'? [/B]

well in ROTS when Palpatine is giving his speech on how the republic will be reformed into an empire he says the remaining jedi will be hunted down and destroyed and the republic responds with "Thunderous applause".

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:11 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

But that's not the Republic. That's officially the Galactic Empire.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Same thing. They wouldn't actually be the Imperial Senate until Palpatine said so, and he talked about hunting down the Jedi before that. Either way, Senators of the Republic applauded the death of the Jedi.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yeah, that's true. But it was only because they were tricked into believing a big, fat, convenient lie. If Palpatine had not told them what they supposedly did, they would have no reason to applaud the death of the Jedi.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 06:13 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Gideon
What is this?

There's no point in trying to discuss it. Canon statements, quotes, and events are all inadmissible because Leland Chee has made it explicitly clear that there are no "power charts" at LFL; no character is established to be more powerful than another character.

Hell, it just might be plausible that they're all equal!

It's brilliant.

Chee's plan from the beginning; he wants to promote equality in Star Wars! What better place to demonstrate the theme of justice? In such a diverse world with many species and races, he's using the power charts line as a metaphor for the real world.

There is no such thing as "power." We all have power!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:17 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

stop trolling.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:32 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gideon
What is this?

There's no point in trying to discuss it. Canon statements, quotes, and events are all inadmissible because Leland Chee has made it explicitly clear that there are no "power charts" at LFL; no character is established to be more powerful than another character.

Hell, it just might be plausible that they're all equal!

It's brilliant.

Chee's plan from the beginning; he wants to promote equality in Star Wars! What better place to demonstrate the theme of justice? In such a diverse world with many species and races, he's using the power charts line as a metaphor for the real world.

There is no such thing as "power." We all have power!

Equality!

Yay!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:36 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Equality is a lie. It binds the weak to the strong, and prevents them from being powerful. The weak must be rooted out and exterminated.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

"-Adolf Hitler?

"-Apocalypse?

"- Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jul 28th, 2009 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:43 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

here it is
"Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence. "Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors. "Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt." ―Darth Bane btw the weird things wernt originally part of it

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Last edited by Incanus on Jul 28th, 2009 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

oh. darth bane. whatever. hes a boring one-dimensional character.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:05 PM
Incanus
Istari

He isnt boring. He is just not that well explained.

Isil

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:09 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

"zomg hate breeds the strong the only the strongest survive blah blah blah". its such an uninteresting and cliche concept

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:16 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
"zomg hate breeds the strong the only the strongest survive blah blah blah". its such an uninteresting and cliche concept
Like the Sith ideal?

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:31 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
stop trolling.

Says the person who insults complete strangers on random threads. You don't think I saw your little post to me on the "Weakest Sith Ever" thread before you wisely edited it out?

There are very few people here with whom I will waste time talking to. You're not one of them. Do me a favor (this is actually a command) and never attempt to address me ever again.

Thank you in advance.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote