KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Black Lightsaber

Black Lightsaber
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

Black Lightsaber

is there anybody in the EU who had a black lightsaber.?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:40 PM
Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Galen Marek had one, in his game. But no. A black lightsaber would be impractical anyway. Imagine using it in the dark, you wouldn't be able to see the bloody thing! Great way to lose an arm.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

You shouldn't need to see it, it's an extension of you afterall. You don't have to see your arm to know where it is.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:53 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Hell, i would love to have one. Where can you get the black crystal?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why don't jedi just keep their lightsabers deactivated in a fight, and then activate them when they strike? That'll make their attacks almost impossible to stop, especially when stabbing.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

A natural one such as a weak crystalline matrix of an onyx crystal might work.

Or there may be a synthetic one out there.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 08:01 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Why don't jedi just keep their lightsabers deactivated in a fight, and then activate them when they strike? That'll make their attacks almost impossible to stop, especially when stabbing.

no expression

Attachment: facepalm.jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

No Lucien, he made sense.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Think about it: you move your deactivated lightsaber hilt toward the enemy, and at the last second you activate it, and the saber ignites into the guy and kills him. The guy can't do much about it because it's hard to block a saber that hasn't been ignited yet.

...never mind. You don't get it.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Think about it: you move your deactivated lightsaber hilt toward the enemy, and at the last second you activate it, and the saber ignites into the guy and kills him. The guy can't do much about it because it's hard to block a saber that hasn't been ignited yet.

because its a horrible idea

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 02:53 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

i get it.. but no one ever does that, cuz the enemy will be counter attacking also. With the blade unignited, the opponent can't be blocked. And it would be really hard to concentrate on activating and deactivating the lightsaber for the whole fight just to switch between blocking and attacking.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 03:07 AM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Incanus
Hell, i would love to have one. Where can you get the black crystal?
Up your ass laughing

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 03:26 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What would be the point? If it's a Jedi or Sith opponent, their precognition is going to alert their brain to your movements, and only a f*cktard of an opponent would keep their lightsaber deactivated while some lunatic is coming at them with a lightsaber hilt.

A relatively clever move (no, I'm not talking about yours) in a saber match would be for one combatant to suddenly deactivate their saber mid offensive swing. It'd be a risky move, but as the opponent's momentum from moving to block a blade that isn't there anymore swings their own blade past your hilt, you reactivate the saber, impaling them.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Originally posted by Nephthys
Galen Marek had one, in his game. But no. A black lightsaber would be impractical anyway. Imagine using it in the dark, you wouldn't be able to see the bloody thing! Great way to lose an arm.
Which version ps2 or 360? If ps2 where can i get it...........

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 04:48 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Incanus
Which version ps2 or 360? If ps2 where can i get it...........
Heres the Video

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 10:25 AM
chilled monkey

I think a black lightsabre would be an "anti-light" sabre. I'm no physicist, but as I see it, if you can have anti-matter, why not anti-light (which would look like blackness to us)?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:26 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Lightsabers aren't made of light.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:40 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eminence
Lightsabers aren't made of light.

How do you know? How do you know that they don't have some kind of technology to keep a light beam contained within a small space?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:42 PM
Eminence
Boss

quote:
SW Databank:
These crystals are ideal for the creation of lightsabers, as they focus the energy released from a saber's power cell into the tight, blade-like beam.

[...]

Once unleashed, the power channels through a positively charged continuous energy lens at the center of the handle. The beam then arcs circumferentially back to a negatively charged high energy flux aperture. A superconductor transfers the power from the flux aperture to the power cell.
Or, Wookiepedia.

Seriously, I know you have access to Google.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:53 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

I'm pretty sure Corran Horn did that in a duel against Mara Jade, and it worked for him.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote