KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The death of Luke Skywalker

The death of Luke Skywalker
Started by: JediOasis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediOasis
Better Man

The death of Luke Skywalker

When does everybody think that Luke will eventually perish? Many are predicting that he will meet his ultimate demise at the end of the NJO series, but I don't think so anymore. Someone will make a final sacrifice, but I think that'll be Han and Leia in the Falcon...."I love you," "I know,-The last words of Han and Leia Solo. But anyways, Luke isn't the lone Jedi who has no one to look after anymore. He is married and is about to have his first child, so he can't just go off at the first sign of danger, something we have already seen in the NJO. That being said how wil he die? I think a new Sith will along after the NJO, maybe even his son eventually, and the Sith kills Luke and the twins and Anakin bring him back or kill him. Either way, I don't think the Vong will be the end of Luke, just MHO.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 06:50 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

No they cant kill off Luke. They could kill off anyone but Luke. It just isnt gonna happen. But if they did then I guess they would have to bring him back in an Obi-wan Kenobi stylie! And have some young Jedi take his role with the ghost of luke being his mentor. Or something stupid like that!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Re: ...

Luke can't live forever. All I know is that it will be a sad sad day when I read about his death.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 01:46 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Oh trust me, writers these days can be very creative when they want to be. Im sure they could come up with some way to make him live forever. Even if it is some kind of weird punishment for him for something he does in the future. They could make it happen if they really wanted to!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

While I do think that Luke will eventually die I always wondered what Yoda meant when Luke told him he couldn't die and Yoda said "Strong am I in the Force, but not that strong...." Does that mean someone strong enough in the Force could live forever?

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 08:21 AM
Xizor

Well, If Luke has to die, what better way then in saving the galaxy from a dark side force(I agree that it cn't be the Vong). I don't think it would be all that bad if a trilogy comes out in which Luke dies in the first intallment and then his ghost guides Anakin or his son in the next 2.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2001 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Kettch

I wouldn't read so much into Yoda's statement. I just see it has him ridiculing Luke, and not meaning that a jedi could live forever.

I still think Luke can die in the NJO, I've got a nice theory on how a dark jedi can be introduced into the series into the series.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2001 06:52 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Luke can and will die, because that is the way of things. The way of the force. But Luke is too powerful and too popular to die in any other fashion other than natural causes. I forsee Luke easily living for at least 120+ years, and I doubt any novel or film or any Star wars media will have him be defeated.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

i am new to EU and havent read one yet but i am going to. when you talk about luke guiding anakin what do you mean. is anakin back

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:54 PM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Actually I believe it's Anakin that guides Luke much the same way as Obi-Wan did after his death.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 06:05 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AntniEllison
Jedi

No Anakin isnt back Han & Leia named their third child Anakin.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:18 PM
Click here to Send AntniEllison a Private Message Find more posts by AntniEllison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Anakin killed Luke -

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 02:23 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Because the empire is dead I am sure he will marry Jade and die of old age.The end!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

A star destroyer lands on him, and he dies.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Who'd a thunk it?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:53 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

Lets look at it like this......

Luke is the next focal point of the
Star Wars legacy.....
I see him living within the force for
hundreds of years much like Yoda
to guide the New Jedi Order......
Others around him my die off but
he will live.....there may be some
coincidental meeting between Luke
and some other young Jedi that the
faith of the galaxy will fall on.....

Plus, as long as Mark Hamill wants
to be active in whatever GL plans
for SW, Luke will live forever.......

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

quote:
Originally posted by §pearhead
A star destroyer lands on him, and he dies.

That was cruel... sad

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 01:50 AM
Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I know laughing out loud

do star destroyers even land...? I think they just float around in orbit all day messed

I'm a signature!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Fatness

Hmm...I like the whole deathstar thing and landing on him gets knocked out a window and flying into hyper drive and crashing into a rock but oh well..REVAN WILL KILL YOU ALL!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 05:33 AM
Click here to Send The_Fatness a Private Message Find more posts by The_Fatness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Fatness

Wtf, did I just say

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 05:34 AM
Click here to Send The_Fatness a Private Message Find more posts by The_Fatness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote