KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Ancient Sith

The Ancient Sith
Started by: Incanus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Incanus
Istari

The Ancient Sith

How many times did they show up past the Great Hyperspace War? And what did they do?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 12:55 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a question, the "true sith" that kreia talked about, were these the same sith in SWTOR?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 03:20 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

That's supposed to be them yeah.

Pretty anti-climactic eh. I thought they'd be 4 times human size and be like, alien looking.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always thought the true sith wouldn't be human... and that sith lord that led the attack on the jedi temple looked like a hybrid between vader and malak.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 03:46 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Agreed Slash since the True Sith were described as a species.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 03:46 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Yeah, who knew a race from a totally unknown galaxy, not connected to the known one, has the same physiology as humans.

Makes you wonder if there are people just like us somewhere far away from Earth.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Yeah, who knew a race from a totally unknown galaxy, not connected to the known one, has the same physiology as humans.

Makes you wonder if there are people just like us somewhere far away from Earth.

Who have command of the Force. That is a scary thought.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 04:10 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

As I said before, the new SW:Old Republic game retconned the true sith being the same as the ancient sith. Of course this makes no sense since Kreia said that the True Sith have been around for tens of thousands of years... Kinda retarded. But yea the true sith are basically 1 sith lord from the hyperspace war and a bunch of sith and non sith followers.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
As I said before, the new SW:Old Republic game retconned the true sith being the same as the ancient sith. Of course this makes no sense since Kreia said that the True Sith have been around for tens of thousands of years... Kinda retarded. But yea the true sith are basically 1 sith lord from the hyperspace war and a bunch of sith and non sith followers.

Drew K comments differs from yours:

http://www.eucantina.net/interview-with-drew-k

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kotor3
Drew K comments differs from yours:

http://www.eucantina.net/interview-with-drew-k

Great! Unfortunately the actual game disagrees with his inconsistencies.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

The Sith had red skin, and the Massassi were larger than humans. They were basicalkly humanoid however. They couldnt grow beards, but had tentacles, like Davy Jones. Well, some anyway.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Great! Unfortunately the actual game disagrees with his inconsistencies.

Yeah, overall his comment did not make any sense, since the Sith as far as I know refers to a particular race or species and not a person who only uses the darkside of the force.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Don't tell Ush that.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Good thing that random author comments aren't canon?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

This makes no damn sense. The Old Republic claims the True Sith are the remenats of the Ancient Sith Empire... But why are there so many humans in it and, as it currently seems, none of the Sith species?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 10:09 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly, all the "true sith" in the SWTOR trailer are human and not the sith species.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 11:46 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again the original idea had the True Sith being an organization descending from King Adas and not Marka Ragnos or the original Jedi Exiles. Retcons suck.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 11:49 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sw isn't consistent all the time. The "Darth" title is one of them, first bane, then revan and now some one else.

But honestly, is this "true sith" empire stronger than revans and malaks or is it perhaps weaker?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 11:53 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Good thing that random author comments aren't canon?

agreed.
some of the idiotic things Karen Travvis has said would ruin star wars.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 12:31 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Sw isn't consistent all the time. The "Darth" title is one of them, first bane, then revan and now some one else.

But honestly, is this "true sith" empire stronger than revans and malaks or is it perhaps weaker?

Tough to tell. Their weapons appear to be powerful and innovative and they HAVE been preparing for 300 years. With that said, they still only conquered half of the galaxy with 300 years of preparation, while Revan's empire did just about the same in under 2 years, and basically destroyed the Jedi Order along with it. Plus Revan's empire had the numbers and unilimited supply of ships, courtesy of the Star Forge.

Edit: On the OTHER hand, from the trailer it appears that the true sith have more powerful sith and more sith in general, whereas Revan had a bunch of Dark Jedi, and sith training academies...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 12:36 AM