KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke at His Strongest?

Luke at His Strongest?
Started by: Anakin4Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Luke at His Strongest?

Does anybody know when Luke reached the peak of his power? I'm pretty sure he never lived up to his full potential, but I want to know when he became the most powerful Luke Skywalker ever.

Was it in Legacy of the Force? Because he was in his 50's at that time. Or was it right after Palpatine was defeated after he was reborn?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Definately LotF, unless the writers give him another OP power I think he's set.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 12:17 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

well, he now knows at least 2 awesome forcepower he didn't know in LOTF, so i'm going to say FOTJ Omen Luke is currently his peak, and still getting stronger.

At least in force-power that is. Kinda like the longer Sidious had to learn, the stronger he got.

Not sure if you mean in pure combat though. If you do.... Then i'm still withholding judgement till we see how he dies, cause if he dies in a glorious enough way, THAT could still be his combat peak.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 02:45 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Haven't read FOTJ yet, working my way through the Novelisations since they hold many secrets.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 04:06 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

If he dies taking out a whole planet covering army, then he is at the epitome of uber. He is only uber now.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

still think he could do that to the CIS by cloaking himself, sitting on a rock, and floating his lightsaber around and killing droids. Only problem would be if they shot the saber handle itself and it got shorted out i guess. I don't see why he couldn't cloak that too sometimes though... like when he got too many of the droids together.

I simply can't see any number of useless battle droids. (who were always getting destroyed with 0 effort by absolutely everybody) taking Luke down.

Call me an idealist i guess.

Any problems with the idea of him cloaking himself?

Someone said thermal imaging. Show me where normal battle droids had thermal imaging.

Sorry, wrong thread, but it had to be said.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:01 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
still think he could do that to the CIS by cloaking himself, sitting on a rock, and floating his lightsaber around and killing droids. Only problem would be if they shot the saber handle itself and it got shorted out i guess. I don't see why he couldn't cloak that too sometimes though... like when he got too many of the droids together.

I simply can't see any number of useless battle droids. (who were always getting destroyed with 0 effort by absolutely everybody) taking Luke down.

Call me an idealist i guess.

Any problems with the idea of him cloaking himself?

Someone said thermal imaging. Show me where normal battle droids had thermal imaging.

Sorry, wrong thread, but it had to be said.
Or... Hide behind said rock and use Emerald Lightning and laugh as it chains together the entire army and fries them.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:02 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Confederacy would simply level the planet Luke was on from orbit. Sorry, TJ, but a thousand Lukes wouldn't be sufficient to take on a galaxy spanning paramilitary force.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

The droids are getting smarter then Quote Kenobi, ROTS. Oh those intelligent droids.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:07 PM
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Gideon
The Confederacy would simply level the planet Luke was on from orbit. Sorry, TJ, but a thousand Lukes wouldn't be sufficient to take on a galaxy spanning paramilitary force.

Hmm, 1,000 Luke Skywalkers should be able to execute massive force crushes on entire fleets I would assume. Or if they had access to a black hole to envelope the fleet in.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vorpal Ruin
Hmm, 1,000 Luke Skywalkers should be able to execute massive force crushes on entire fleets I would assume.

He'd probably damage half a dozen ships before the rest of the fleet, with great care and dilligence, rearranged his atoms.

quote:
Vorpal Ruin
Or if they had access to a black hole to envelope the fleet in.

Possibly, under the proper circumstances. But Luke would be far too busy dealing with a diet consisting of turbolasers and missiles.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Gideon

i of course didn't mean capital ships or anything larger than regular battle droids.

That is what that thread specified.

You are of course correct in your above quote if the actual entire CIS was involved, but I meant all along, all the regular battle droids WITHIN the CIS, as specified by the thread.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 03:51 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by mattatom
The droids are getting smarter then Quote Kenobi, ROTS. Oh those intelligent droids.

ummm... the regular battle droids were clearly not getting smarter in ROTS. Ditto for the Super Battle droids. They were getting stupider by the minute on the big screen.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 03:53 AM
xJLxKing

Did he fight Sidious? When Luke beat Sidious clone body, he reached his peak

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 04:07 AM
Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Did he fight Sidious? When Luke beat Sidious clone body, he reached his peak
sad sad sad sad sad

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 04:16 AM
xJLxKing

sad sad sad sad sad

What?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 04:22 AM
Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by xJLxKing
What?

well, luke improves significantly for many many years after the events of DE. DE luke isn't even quite on the level of JA Luke. JA luke gets challenged by Gantoris (i think that was his name) gets owned by KYP, (Albeit Aided by Kun), and eventually is rescued by the students from his academy.

Either NJO Luke, LOTF luke, or FOTJ Luke would have to be considered peak at this time, but certainly nothing before those times.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 04:28 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

ummm... the regular battle droids were clearly not getting smarter in ROTS. Ditto for the Super Battle droids. They were getting stupider by the minute on the big screen.

Thats what Obi Wan says in ROTS. Merely quoting.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 12:52 PM
truejedi

which droids were he taking about at that time mattatom?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 05:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Space ship droids (actual spaceships) and later Buzz droids.

edit: Oddly, he also notes that the Republic is losing the war, and that hundreds of systems have been taken. I assume however that his musings have been retconned in the face of... all the CW cartoons.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote