KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What if Anakin Decided Not to Kill Mace?

What if Anakin Decided Not to Kill Mace?
Started by: Anakin4Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

What if Anakin Decided Not to Kill Mace?

What if when Windu decided to kill Palpatine, Anakin only blocked his lightsaber with his own, but not deciding to fight him (unlike the ROTS video game, where he did fight him).

Do you think Palpatine would try to kill Mace while he and Anakin argue? Would Anakin have turned to the Dark Side? Would 2 plus 2 equal fish?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Probably, Probably, Absolutely.

... wait... Isn't that how it happened in the movie?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Probably, Probably, Absolutely.

... wait... Isn't that how it happened in the movie?

No, Anakin chopped Mace's arm off.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: What if Anakin Decided Not to Kill Mace?

Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
What if when Windu decided to kill Palpatine, Anakin only blocked his lightsaber with his own, but not deciding to fight him (unlike the ROTS video game, where he did fight him).

Do you think Palpatine would try to kill Mace while he and Anakin argue? Would Anakin have turned to the Dark Side? Would 2 plus 2 equal fish?
And what if Watto burst in to confess to Anakin that he was his father?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If Anakin hadn't killed Mace, they would have taken Sidious down, put him on trial, and Vader never would have been born. Well maybe, but later on down the road.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 11:31 PM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Anakin.
Didn't.
Kill.
Mace.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anakin disarmed him!!!PalpatineBandon killed him!

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 11:41 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Actually yes, Anakin did kill him. Because Anakin cut off his arm, Mace was too unfocused to block the Force Lightning that knocked him out of the window. It was Anakins fault that Mace got killed, so he killed him.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 11:59 PM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by KingD19
Actually yes, Anakin did kill him. Because Anakin cut off his arm, Mace was too unfocused to block the Force Lightning that knocked him out of the window. It was Anakins fault that Mace got killed, so he killed him.
Guns don't kill people, uh-uh. I kill people. With guns.

Seriously though, Anakin didn't commit the act of killing, nor did he commit the act that directly led to the killing of Mace. Anakin simply enabled Palpatine to do the killing via disarming Mace. It's like, I could use my car to knock yours' off the road... but it's the AC-130 gunship, whose crosshairs I (didn't really mean to) knock you in to, that blew you up.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Anakin was still responsible for Windu's fate. It was that act of striking out in hatred and rescuing Palpatine that resulted in his final step into the Dark Side. Palpatine may have actually killed Windu, but he couldn't have if Anakin hadn't helped.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 02:01 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Bingo.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 02:11 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably the republic wouldn't have collapsed but as to what really happens we can only speculate.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 02:21 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Seriously though, Anakin didn't commit the act of killing, nor did he commit the act that directly led to the killing of Mace. Anakin simply enabled Palpatine to do the killing via disarming Mace. It's like, I could use my car to knock yours' off the road... but it's the AC-130 gunship, whose crosshairs I (didn't really mean to) knock you in to, that blew you up.
Oh Lucien that was epic.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 01:59 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

I think what the kid's question is, would Anakin let Mace kill Sidious after he [Sidious] counterattacked.

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

You got that from a YouTube video.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
You got that from a YouTube video.
Well done, sir.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 08:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I think what the kid's question is, would Anakin let Mace kill Sidious after he [Sidious] counterattacked.

I still don't think so. It was too late for Anakin.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 10:03 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

But here's a different scenario - what if Mace kicked him in the temple and knocked him out - how would Anakin react? Sidious/Palpatine would have been captured.

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

He would have been fine with that. His whole point was that Mace was breaking the Jedi Code by killing him and that he must stand trial. If he didn't truly believe that, he wouldn't have turned him in in the the first place to Mace. Well, dimed him out anyways.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
He would have been fine with that. His whole point was that Mace was breaking the Jedi Code by killing him and that he must stand trial. If he didn't truly believe that, he wouldn't have turned him in in the the first place to Mace. Well, dimed him out anyways.

The irony of Mace not convincing Anakin that Sidious needed to die, WITH THE EXACT SAME WORDS that sidious convinced Dooku needed to die is one of my favorite moments in the entire PT.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 04:46 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well to be fair, Palpatine only tried to convince Anakin after he had killed Dooku. I'm just gonna say that it didn't work.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 04:53 AM