KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 30 - Brain Invaders

Episode 30 - Brain Invaders
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 30 - Brain Invaders

Please no... Please no...

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

huh?

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2009 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ordo is not excited for what the episode is going to be about.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 01:59 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

I can't blame him. The title does sound silly :P

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 02:29 AM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I guess we were overdue for a lamer episode.

Not to pre-judge, but this epic Geonosis saga really petered out.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ah well, I'm sure it won't be too horrible. At least in comparison to how things were wih Season 1. Things are markedly improved.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 06:10 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I agree.

This will be the last episode of 2009. Which is kind of disappointing, we had 10 episodes last year, by this time. Though we are getting a double feature on New Years day, which will be hard for me to watch...simply because i'll be doing other things.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2009 08:47 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"If there's one thing we clones know... it's how to stop a Jedi."

Egad. Obviously we know what happens at the end of the Clone Wars, but having the Padawans fighting the clonetroopers and that line above (apparently the brainworm accessing imprinted subconscious instructions that Palpatine put there...) was just eerie, since they're all meant to be buddy buddy right now.

Also, Anakin going to interrogate Poggle... "Leave us."

Maybe I just have a thing for references to the films, especially when things are dark.

Last edited by REXXXX on Dec 5th, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 12:06 PM
Tsal Can

I liked it. Nice look into Anakin's Darkside.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Actually this might be my favorite episode this season.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 07:48 PM
REXXXX
Networking

And you were worried it would be horrible. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 08:38 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

it easily could have been. I think given Season 1, skepticism is exceedingly warranted smile. Also the Geonosis episodes had a pretty steady downhill trend...

It, in concept was a dumb episode, but since they took it seriously, it became good. Imagine that! I couldn't help but smirk when I saw Anakin walk up to the cell door and heard the 4-tone interpretation of the imperial march. I think that was a major turning point in the episode for me.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 02:27 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm the same: i quite liked the episode, especially the interrogation scene. we finally get to see him show a bit of believable darkside.

if ahsoka dies at the end of this series, that would make his turn a hell of a lot more believable to me...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 01:54 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't doubt that she will, unless they have some sort of write-off where she just goes missing or something silly like that so that they can use the character in later publications. I'd be unhappy with that.

Also fits right in with Anakin's knack for going apeshit over (possibly) losing people he cares about- his mother, his wife, his student...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2009 08:32 PM
Peach
mordrem

I liked it a lot. Creeped me the hell out at points (I don't like mind control, to put it mildly), but it was a really good episode.

Also, yay Barriss big grin

I think they've been reading the SWRP forum on here again, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Heh, yeah, that tends to happen. I can't remember if that happened at all last season, but I feel like it did.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:06 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Also, yay Barriss big grin

Yeah Bariss was great this episode.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 08:14 PM
REXXXX
Networking

She was enjoyable in both. Hope they have her back at some point.

Though it wouldn't hurt to stray away from the Jedi we already know...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 05:46 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Imagine if Lucasarts somehow makes a zombie game out of this.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 08:44 AM
Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Brain Invaders
Episode 30
Season Two Episode 8

Review: Positive

This was far and away the best episode of the season. It was the most complex, the darkest, and the most thought provoking. I actually began to question the whole Geonosis thing after it really failed to produce both a convincing storyline or any really dramatic sequences. This episode revived a decent amount of its merit.

The Good:
Mace on Dantooine. Is this actually a recognition of Gendy’s Series?

Ashoka challenging “Keepers of the Peace” vs “Warriors.” Its nice to see these moral questions of the Jedi brought back again. Especially since Defenders of Peace botched the handling of these issues, its nice to see the Jedi at least admit they don’t know what the hell they are doing. Even better, Ahsoka throws Anakin into the mix. “I’m not even sure peacetime will agree with him.”

“Sometimes I don’t think you realize how alike you two have become”

The general concept of this episode was great. Clones attacking Jedi. Jedi killing clones. Jedi fighting Jedi. Its nice to see said things. For some reason I think this is also one of the first episodes where I actually felt a vague sense of peril. Even better, it actually seemed like a real conflict, with Ahsoka having to confront her morals and a friend to win.

In general, we’re seeing more and more suppoting characters. Fisto, Luminara, and Mundi were all in this episode. Its nice to see increasing character depth to all these things.

“If there is anything clones know, its how to stop a Jedi.” You’d think that supersoldiers around superhuman warriors would actually study them and know their every tactic.

As soon as I heard a reduction of the imperial march I smiled and knew exactly what was coming. This scene in general just made me smile. Though I question if Kenobi just assumed Anakin was THAT skillful at interrogation, or if he suspected and just ignored it. I would be interested in hearing more about it, especially if it was the latter.

The Bad:
Whats with the lion-head clone armor. I disapprove.

The Ugly:
I still hate these worms. Even more annoying, now that the queen is dead, who is controlling the hive mind? It just does its own thing? That just happens to be trying to take over the ship, even though Poggle is not on board. Even worse, they decide to just kill the pilots, even though they have a surplus of worms. Wut.

As much as I love the OT, makind the inside of Republic transport ships clone copies of the Tantive IV is just annoying. There is such a thing as OVERUSE and this instance is clearly one. There are probably 1000s of these ships, and they are all supposed to be “iconic”…Unless these ships are all Alderaanian, there is absolutely no point.

What Next:
Eeth…? You make us wait 3 weeks and you give us a 5 second teaser....thanks.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 08:41 PM