KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Jedi Order Animated: Voice Actors Needed!

New Jedi Order Animated: Voice Actors Needed!
Started by: Douglasman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Douglasman

New Jedi Order Animated: Voice Actors Needed!

Hi everyone! I'm a looooong time Star Wars fan - most of my life in fact. I've basically read almost every single book that exists, and for a while now I've wanted to attempt to animate stuff from them. I've got several years experience with Flash, and I think I'm at the point now where I just might be able to pull it off. So I thought it might be cool to actually try and animated, line-by-line, the books of the New Jedi Order series! I realize that this will take years and years to do, so I was thinking I'd just start with Vector Prime and see what happens from there. I've started some pre-production on the series, and I am now looking for voice actors!

I can't provide any sort of monetary compensation - it will essentially be a labor of love on my, and any participants' parts. But I think it would be a pretty fun collaborative project! A lot of characters persist throughout the whole series, so if you guys are able to commit to any sort of long-term thing, that would be awesome. Obviously, there are short-term minor roles as well, so if you think you can only do that, there's lots of opportunity for that too.

So, I was thinking that each Chapter could be an "episode"... so the characters I need, starting with Chapter 1 of Vector Prime are:

Leia Organa Solo (main character; long-term)
Jaina Solo (main character; long-term)
Mara Jade Skywalker(main character; long-term)
C-3P0 (main character; long-term)
Captain Grappa (Rodian) (minor character; few lines)
Commander Ackdool (Mon Cal) (minor recurring character; few lines)
Wurth Skidder (minor recurring character; long-term)
C9P0 (only one line ever)

So, if anyone feels like they want to audition for a role in this project, you can send me an e-mail with your audition at [email protected][/email]! For characters who have established voices from the movies, like Leia and C3P0, it'd be cool if you could do a fairly decent approximation of them.

Audition Lines:

Leia Organa Solo: “I hope to meet with Nom Anor tomorrow... By all reports, we should all be rested before dealing with him.” (Weary, slightly sarcastic)

“They were trying to bring us down to Osarian! A not-so-unexpected response, given my announced intentions here. And so we planned to avoid them. Avoid! Do you understand that word?” (Angrily, telling off the hotshot Jedi Wurth Skidder)

Jaina Solo (preferably older teenager-type voice): “Why does Nom Anor hate the Jedi? What do we have to do with the struggle between Osarian and Rhommamool? I never even heard of these planets until you mentioned that we’d be coming here.” (frustrated, talking to Leia)

“Yes! Strap in!” (Really excited – she's about to do some awesome flight maneuvers, so she's about to be in her element.)

Mara Jade Skywalker: “Nom Anor hates the New Republic... and he hates the Jedi as symbols of the New Republic.” (frustrated; a hint of tiredness, due to her sickness)

“He’s the strangest man I ever met. Even when I tried to use the Force to gain a better perspective on him, I drew… a blank. As if the Force had nothing to do with him. (pause) No... more like he had nothing to do with the Force.” (bewildered, talking about Nom Anor)

C3P0: Even Osarian’s fleet must be considered marginal, at best. Unless, of course, one is using the Pantang Scale of Aero-techno Advancement, which counts even a simple landspeeder as highly as it would a Star Destroyer. Perfectly ridiculous scale.” (usual Threepio cheeriness and British accent.)

“We're doomed!” (terrified)

Captain Grappa (Rodian voice): “If you run, we shoot you down!” (menacingly)

Commander Ackdool (Mon Cal voice, so kinda like Admiral Ackbar): “Why do you assume that Wurth Skidder flew out at my command? Why would you as_sume that Wurth Skidder heeds any order I might give?” (calmly, but a hint of resigned annoyance)

Wurth Skidder (older teenager): “More than a little fun! For me, though, not for the Rodians.” (cocky, exuberant)
“They were attacking you – six of them!” (upset, taken aback)

C9PO (only one line... so if anyone wants to do a throwaway line for it, feel free): “Oh, dear me.” (worried)

Thanks so much for reading guys! Hopefully this turns out awesome! Any questions, post here, or feel free to email at [email][email protected]!

-Josiah M

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Douglasman a Private Message Find more posts by Douglasman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

Troll?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Nevar

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Last edited by mattatom on Apr 5th, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 12:49 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

or soon to be spambot?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Douglasman

Nope! Not a troll or spambot. I wanted to post a link to some concept art I did, but it said I was a n00b and therefore not allowed to post such things...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Douglasman a Private Message Find more posts by Douglasman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

We know at least that he is aware enough to respond to context.

Would you be willing to take a Turing test?

[If I didn't hate my voice I would totally send you an audio clip.]

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 01:16 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Douglasman

Yessir, hit me up with one o' those Turing tests.

Is there any way I can post a link to the concept art image before having x amount of posts?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 01:26 AM
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Shoes
Troll?
... Why?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Cause it's fun to label people that. You troll.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Douglasman
Yessir, hit me up with one o' those Turing tests.

Is there any way I can post a link to the concept art image before having x amount of posts?

That's exactly what a computer trying to sound like a human would say...
hmmmmmmm

Anyway, the post limit isn't very high. Ten, maybe? Or twenty five?

Go spam the Off topic forum for about fifteen minutes and you'll be fine.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 02:49 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think it's 50 posts

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ELOHSSA
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's definitely less. 15 maybe?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 11:29 AM
Click here to Send ELOHSSA a Private Message Find more posts by ELOHSSA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lavos
Restricted

Account Restricted

BTW I would get my David Hayter on Douglas but I'm not the biggest fan of the source material.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2010 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Lavos a Private Message Find more posts by Lavos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote