KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 41 - The Zilo Beast Strikes Back

Episode 41 - The Zilo Beast Strikes Back
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 41 - The Zilo Beast Strikes Back

Overall: Negative

Wow. This episode surprised me.,.in the opposite way than the last one did.

Did I mention the SPHA-T tanks last time? Thats a nice addition.

Green gas is pretty?

Dislikes:
Broken record time: ANOTHER Anakin episode...ANOTHER Coruscant episode...blah blah blah. Most of last episode's criticisms carried over.

If this series wants to channel Gojira then CHANNEL it. They build up all these parallels but then COMPLETELY ignore Gojira's message. if you're going to pay homage to something, freaking understand what you are homaging. There was no point.

There was so much in this episode that was just pointless. The Dr. Lady is gassing a creature, but doest have an enclosed box? Padme's introduction was TOTALLY random. The only thing more random than that was Anakin and Aayla runing up and down the Zilo beasts back waving their lightsabers. I mean....what was the point to that!

There is still other annoying things like Padme magically accelerating down a roof ledge before magically grabbing on to a non-existant ledge and stopping herself from falling off with her little skinny arms. There's also 3PO somewhow learning to sprint for the first time in 33 years.

This episode was really just a comedy of errors. Brining the beast to Coruscant was a dumb idea (seriously, MACE is now the leading voice of prescience?). Its escape was predictable. The show made it out to be like some sort of secret Palpatinian plan, but the point of the plan was never revealed.

The whole Zilo-beast-out-to-get-Palps is weird too. It may have a hit job on him, but Anakin and Mace and the doctor also caused it significant harm, more than Palpy ever did directly.

...and apparently Palpy has a cloning fetish.

*sigh*

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 05:11 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

palpy?

*blinks* sorry... i did actually read your whole post lol

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 05:41 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Godzilla... zillo beast.... climbing buildings...OMG

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 07:47 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ah but I liked how the beast was after Palpatine.. To me it seemed like it could sense or see he was behind its capture and when it looked at Palps it could see how evil he was. Brilliant I thought.

Oh and the next episode has Anakin as well. As well as a very unexpected appearance.(well was to me anyway).

But Dnt bother compalining about Skywalker. End of the day the whole Star Wars story (that George has dun) was all about Anakin.

Only the live action series will have no sign of him.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Except, Lucas, Filoni, and every other hack on this show promised us that this show would NOT be the skywalker story.

If they were intelligent, they could write a show that would add to the skywalker story without having the exact character in it.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I woulnd't be surprised if Anakin shows up in the live action series.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 05:59 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, he'd be called Vader.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 08:39 PM
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I woulnd't be surprised if Anakin shows up in the live action series.

LOL! Maybe they could keep showing flashbacks of sum1 who knew him as Anakin!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:

If this series wants to channel Gojira then CHANNEL it. They build up all these parallels but then COMPLETELY ignore Gojira's message. if you're going to pay homage to something, freaking understand what you are homaging. There was no point.

It did remind me a fair amount of Cloverfield in design with the multiple limbs and all.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I havent seen cloverfield. Filoni said that he was directly channeling Gojira, to the point of naming one of the clone Goji and putting an icon of the oxgen destroyer on the tactical droid's bosom....so thats how I critiqued it.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 01:06 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

And I forgot, I really hated Palps' line about "nothign is indestructable" He spent the enitre OT talking about impenetrable shield this, indestructable battle station that.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 05:21 AM
queeq
Chaos

THe more they write, the worse it gets.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 06:28 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Its always been that way with Lucas. And those idiots still let him...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 09:31 PM
ares834

I actually enjoyed this episode. I personnaly see this episode to be a lot mor elike King Kong than Godzilla.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 04:45 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

A bit of both...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 09:04 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

...and yet neither.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 12:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yup...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 06:04 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It would've been awesome if the Zillo Beast did kill Palpatine but unfortunately, that didn't happen and I knew this was gonna happen since the whole series is nothing but a friggin prequel.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... it is. No more no less.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 06:14 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I actually really enjoyed this episode. It was fun to watch. Unlike Bounty Hunters, which I just found aggravating and obnoxious, despite the bounty hunters possessing cool designs.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 08:55 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote