KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin fell to the dark side way too quickly

Anakin fell to the dark side way too quickly
Started by: Hewhoknowsall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin fell to the dark side way too quickly

OK, so Anakin's really close to Obi Wan. They're like brothers. He's a really good person, fighting for the Republic and helping people. He all cool.

Then Palpatine begins talking to him about this sith lord that could prevent people from dying. Anakin is clearly interested.

Anakin then learns that Palpatine is really Darth Sidious. He tells Mace Windu who tries to arrest Sidious. They duel, and Mace defeats Sidious. Anakin inadvertently helps Sidious get back and kill Mace.

Anakin regrets what he did, but then just kneels down to Sidious, a SIT H LORD, whom he's not only been taught to hate (for good reason), but has also had bad experiences with them, and BELIEVES Sidious's claim that they can learn to save Padme, and actually BELIEVES that Sidious cares.

So then SUDDENLY, he goes and starts slaughtering younglings and Jedi whom he used to fight alongside. He seems to hate them all the sudden for NO reason.

He also suddenly hates Obi Wan for NO reason, and hates the Jedi for NO reason.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

GL is a shitty writer. That's about it/

Old Post May 31st, 2010 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Read the new book:"Stealth" Or "Gambit" or something like that. Lots of anakin backstory. He was taking the death of every clone trooper personally.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 08:33 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Leave it to the shitty next-to-fan-fic writers to correct GL's mistakes...

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Anakin's 'dark side' had been building up for a long while before RotS, but yeah, I agree that the actual transformation from a conflicted Jedi Knight into a 'slaughterer of younglings' was a bit too sudden.

...Though I guess once you decide aid the Dark Lord of the Sith in murdering one of the most esteemed Jedi Masters in the order, there's really nothing left to do but become a Sith yourself.... It's not like the Jedi would have taken Anakin back with open arms after something like that. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 1st, 2010 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Anakin's 'dark side' had been building up for a long while before RotS, but yeah, I agree that the actual transformation from a conflicted Jedi Knight into a 'slaughterer of younglings' was a bit too sudden.

...Though I guess once you decide aid the Dark Lord of the Sith in murdering one of the most esteemed Jedi Masters in the order, there's really nothing left to do but become a Sith yourself.... It's not like the Jedi would have taken Anakin back with open arms after something like that. /shrug

If a guy kills your family and burns down your home/all of your money and possesions, would you join his gang simply because you have "nothing left to do"? Of course not.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
If a guy kills your family and burns down your home/all of your money and possesions, would you join his gang simply because you have "nothing left to do"? Of course not.
That's not really what happened, though. Anakin stopped Mace from killing Sidious, so that he could be taught how to save Padme (or so he thought.) And after assisting a Sith lord in the slaying of a Jedi Master, there was really no turning back.

So in answer to your question: if I were already an accomplice to murder, and IF the evil guy I just aided in said murder also told me that he knew a way to save my wife's life, I probably would join him. It's either that or be imprisoned for the rest of my life, and/or be killed for my crimes.

It's one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situations.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2010 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I'm telling you, read the book, it paints a WHOLE NEW anakin. The reasons, with that book, that he fell are complex, and all of the sudden, good literature.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 02:50 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

btw the whole Invisible Hand fight gave him a feel for the dark side.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stover did a pretty good job with Anakin, even though he didn't have much to work with.

I just hated how every other word was in italics.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 04:27 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It really makes it hard to properly cite passages.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still, Anakin falling to the dark side despite being a very caring person, hating the sith and being warned for almost his entire life to not trust them suddenly turns to the dark side. A few minutes before he does he's still the loving and caring Anakin, and then BANG he turns evil and ruthless. WTF?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2010 09:35 PM
Shoes

1 - Tusken Raiderslol
2 - Watto
3 - Invisible Hand
4 - Padme
5 - Padme
6 - Padme
7 - Spying (both for and on Palpatine)
8 - They won't put him on the council
9 - Padme

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

He trusts sidious. Death of his Padawan. (however that happens)

Death of his soldiers.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 03:33 AM
Dominis

You didn't watch the movie or read the novel, did you?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 07:43 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

lol

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:30 AM
SithAce_1
Sith test pilot

Remember the whole "bring balance to the force thing". He brought balance not through himself but through his children. Luke going darkside with Emporer clone and Leia bringing him back etc. You could say it was his destiny to go bad. But I agree that the movie really screwed it up on the how. Ever notice in all movies they tend to wrap it up in the last 10-30 minutes.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 12:13 PM
Click here to Send SithAce_1 a Private Message Find more posts by SithAce_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shoes
1 - Tusken Raiderslol
2 - Watto
3 - Invisible Hand
4 - Padme
5 - Padme
6 - Padme
7 - Spying (both for and on Palpatine)
8 - They won't put him on the council
9 - Padme

Him turning to the dark side would dishonor the sacrafices of his mother, his padawan (if Ahsoka dies in the CW, which is unlikely), his troops, etc. Surely Anakin would know that.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 07:47 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Him turning to the dark side would dishonor the sacrafices of his mother, his padawan (if Ahsoka dies in the CW, which is unlikely), his troops, etc. Surely Anakin would know that.
It's called Revenge. If someone killed my mother I'd try my best to hurt them and rid them off this earth.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ahsoka does die it's already been confirmed. Anakin would of felt the death of every clone he lead and as a result his heart would get hurt just that little bit more.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 08:10 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by mattatom
It's called Revenge. If someone killed my mother I'd try my best to hurt them and rid them off this earth.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ahsoka does die it's already been confirmed. Anakin would of felt the death of every clone he lead and as a result his heart would get hurt just that little bit more.

Sidious was responsible for the death of many of his troops since Sidious started the war in the first place. I also wouldn't be surprised if Sidious engineered Shimi's death and Ahsoka's as well. And yet Anakin serves him?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 08:12 PM