KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » saber form Juyo: what is it? details concerning everything about it

saber form Juyo: what is it? details concerning everything about it
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

saber form Juyo: what is it? details concerning everything about it

Could some one explain to me what juyo is? What is its structure, pholosophy, style, its focuses, strengths and advatnages as well as its weaknesses and blind sights.

What type of characters, personality is needed to best utilize its full potential?

How does it do vs other forms? Which does it have an advantage to and disadvantage to?

Every detail about it please!

Old Post May 31st, 2010 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Board Walker
Could some one explain to me what juyo is? What is its structure, pholosophy, style, its focuses, strengths and advatnages as well as its weaknesses and blind sights.

What type of characters, personality is needed to best utilize its full potential?

How does it do vs other forms? Which does it have an advantage to and disadvantage to?

Every detail about it please!
The Juyo Parts

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post May 31st, 2010 12:57 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

I've read that before it doesn't answer any of my questions I asked however. For instance how does it and vaapad differ? Is one greater then the other?

Old Post May 31st, 2010 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'll explain a little of it but for more I demand noodpics, unless you're a man, in which case, no.

quote:
Could some one explain to me what juyo is?

It is a fighting style and a philosophy. no expression

quote:
What is its structure, pholosophy, style, its focuses,

The juyo philosophy dictates that the best defense is a good offense. While that doesn't mean that the style forgoes defense in it's entirety, the style shares similarities to ataru in that it's aggressive and "wild", encouraging initiative and relentlessness. It's not a style designed for outlasting an opponent so much as decimating them.

The advantage to juyo is that it's unpredictability and wildness can surprise and overwhelm an opponent. It's weaknesses is that it's tiring and carries the risk of promoting dark side tendencies (the Jedi code states that there is no passion but peace whereas Juyo says **** that and encourages aggression.)

quote:

Someone with an aggressive and/or dominating personality would maximize the style's potential (exceptions aside).

quote:
How does it do vs other forms?

The fighter makes the style, not the other way around. However, realistically speaking a Juyo practitioner fighting someone utilizing a style that conserves energy would not have time on his side. The Juyo fighter would have to end the fight as quickly as possible due to how quickly he will expend energy in comparison.

There we go.

It should be noted in the archives that I totally made that shit up as I went, and while that doesn't discount it as untrue (as the content stated prior is based off of my actual knowledge about Star Wars), you would probably just be better off going to ****ing Wookiepedia or something. no expression

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 31st, 2010 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think I heard somewhere that Juyo isn't good against multiple opponents.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Maul proved otherwise?

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:33 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, logically duel sided sabers seem to make up for that. And just because Juyo isn't good vs multiple opponents doesn't mean that you can't fight multiple opponents anyway if you're good enough.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2010 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Juyo focuses almost exclusively on offense, and is extremely tiring on it's user. However, it is the one form which permits it's practitioner to fully embrace all of their dark sided emotions (fury, hate, anger, etc.) and employ them in battle. Juyo's main edge lies in the fact that it is a very chaotic and unpredictable form of combat (of which was further enhanced by Maul's dual-bladed saber.)

But in an 'all things being equal' type of setting, a master of Juyo would likely be trounced by masters of some of the other, better rounded, forms (Makashi, Ataru, and Vaapad for sure.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Juyo is wild, strong strikes. It has been noted to take even jedi down in one overpowering strike. It's philosophy requires lashing out with all your anger.

Juyo was used by maul.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Juyo is similiar to the Chinese martial art Shaolin Kung-Fu - based on weaponry. If you take a close look, it's like a dance, graceful and elgegant. Juyo relies on speed, like Shaolin: fast and deadly.

War Doctor

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Galan007
But in an 'all things being equal' type of setting, a master of Juyo would likely be trounced by masters of some of the other, better rounded, forms (Makashi, Ataru, and Vaapad for sure.)
Damn, I meant Soresu, not Ataru... I always mix up the two for some reason.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by mattatom
Maul proved otherwise?

not really. Maul had to seperate ftw.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2010 03:58 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote