KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin, Luke, Jacen: Advancement Issues?

Anakin, Luke, Jacen: Advancement Issues?
Started by: Anakin4Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Anakin, Luke, Jacen: Advancement Issues?

I've seen all Star Wars movies, and I read some things about Jacen, and I've come to a conclusion...their advancement differs waaay too much.

Look at Anakin. In 10 years of training he became one of, if not the strongest Padawan of the Old Order.

According to most people in this forum, Luke became Anakin's AOTC equal in like 4 years (as in ROTJ).

If Luke had the same potential as his father, shouldn't he have progressed at the same rate, or at least close to the same rate?

And then we come to Jacen. If you see the speed at which either Anakin or Luke advanced, Jacen should have become probably much stronger than Palpatine by the time he was 32! I mean, he's been consciously using the Force since he was an infant, I'd think he'd be much stronger than he was when he died.

It could just be me, but something seems a little off...
It's probably just me.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Jacen was more powerful than vader, and getting stronger. I would say his was pretty normal.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 04:15 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've thought about this too.

Anakin in about 13 years of training was one of the most powerful Jedi in the SW mythos, but still not on the level of, say, Yoda.
Luke in about 20 years of what was largely self taught training was the most powerful Force user in history.

And then there's Bane, who wasn't of the Skywalker bloodline and thus probably has a lower midichlorian count, but in just 10 years of what was largely self taught training was, based on feats, stronger ROTS Anakin, who had 13 or so years of formal training. Anakin also had a higher midichlorian count.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane in like 1 year of training is better than Anakin, which is pretty rediculous. But then again the darkside is supposed to make you faster at learning shit. And to be fair Luke had constant wars and stuff that would make him train up Starkiller style, constsntly pushing his boundries and forcing him to improve, whereas Anakin was taught during peacetime up until AOTC. And yet in DE, in half the time Anakin had to train he's already moved past Ani. So yeah, I agree with the threads premise.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well look at Yoda. The guy had 900+ years of training under his belt, yet guys like Mace, Dooku, Anakin, Sidious, Luke, etc. were able to come very close to his level (and in some cases even match or exceed it), despite not even having a fraction of the time to train.

Point being: Yoda is ranked as one of the most powerful force users in history -- and for good reason. However, his advancement/training ratio was pretty horrible, all things considered. Imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

Um, actually, no.

Shadow Hunter states that his lightsaber skill is second to none, and Palpatine only overpowered him with the force after he disarmed him.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

pretty sure training only gets you so far. You finally reach a maximum level at some point.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 02:29 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Anakin, Luke, Jacen: Advancement Issues?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
I've seen all Star Wars movies, and I read some things about Jacen, and I've come to a conclusion...their advancement differs waaay too much.

Look at Anakin. In 10 years of training he became one of, if not the strongest Padawan of the Old Order.

According to most people in this forum, Luke became Anakin's AOTC equal in like 4 years (as in ROTJ).

If Luke had the same potential as his father, shouldn't he have progressed at the same rate, or at least close to the same rate?

Keep in mind that for much of Anakin's training, he was a kid, and only later on was there a real foe, during the Clone Wars, and only then did he really start leaving other Jedi behind.

Luke's trained was after he was a teenager who already had developed reflexes and such, and was in war the entire time.

There was also more desperation, Anakin was one of many Jedi and worked with a partner, so he didn't have to reach beyond his previous grasp that often, he was given missions the bosses were generally sure he could handle, again until the war. Luke had to take changes and push himself fairly often since the Rebels sent him on tricky missions all the time since he was one of their best as well as their only Jedi. Plus the shadow of Vader always loomed over him as someone he knew he might have to fight.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shoes
Um, actually, no.

Shadow Hunter states that his lightsaber skill is second to none, and Palpatine only overpowered him with the force after he disarmed him.
No, what?

Nothing in your post contradicts my statement.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote