KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Bane's Rule of 2

Bane's Rule of 2
Started by: CaedusRules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaedusRules

Bane's Rule of 2

Ok so I am a little behind, I just finished the Bane Trilogy. I loved it. Anyway, I was wondering how the Rule of 2 survived down to Plagus and Sidious? I know Zannah takes on Cognus, then Cognus trains another, then then I lose the trail and cant find a path of the 2. Does anyone know who suceeds who in the line down to plagus?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 04:34 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

The answer to your question is: yes. The Sith used some Force sensitives like Ventress, Marek and Mara to do their dirty work so they wouldn't be discovered. I hope that clariffies things up a bit.

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Not really, I was more looking for something like, after Cognus the Sith lord was Darth Millennia, and after him was darth.... then darth.... then....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 07:01 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Bane basically wrote in stone that in order for the Sith to remain strong, their must be only 2 at any given time. He got the idea from Revan, but Bane perfected it. It worked until Sidious came along and tried to turn Luke in RoTJ in front of his daddy. Vader was still a Sith Lord when Sidious tried to turn Luke.

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Um, but I'm pretty sure Vader was gonna die if Sidious had his way with Luke.

...That sounded better in my head.

Anywaaaaaaaay, nope. No Rule of Two. Caedus tried to but unfortunately a) He wasn't trained by an actual Sith Lord, just Vergere and Lumiya b) He never got an official Sith apprentice with a Darth title and c) He didn't follow the Sith teachings or jack shit like that.

Other than that theres just the Ragnos cult, Desann's thingy, Jerec's other thang and Krayts empire. None of those are actual Sith, follow the Rule of Two or stuffs.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the new 'True Sith'! roll eyes (sarcastic) They're an empire, no ROT and should be stricken N-Canon anyway so **** that noise.

Last edited by Nephthys on Oct 19th, 2010 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Yes yes aware of the above. Maybe I am saying it wrong. I cant trace the sith between Bane and Sidious.... Who is sith lord inbetween. I know it starts out:

Bane
Zannah
Cognus
Millennia
???
???
???
???
Plagues
Sidious
Maul-Vader-Vergene

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Darth Vectivus is the only other possible ROT Sith that we know of, but he hasn't been confirmed or anything. Other than that the Sith between Zannah and Sidious are unknown and irrelevent anyway.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It took you guys that long to realize what he was asking?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It took you guys that long to realize what he was asking?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I didn't see you two answering him either.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:23 AM
CaedusRules

Ok let me ask another question. Is there any hint of what happened to Bane's Holocron? I'm sure Zannah took it, but does it reappear down the line anywhere? Maybe with Plageus since he learns essence transfer, and I heard that Sidious spent much time learning from holocrons, maybe Bane's was one of them.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 03:40 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sidious had it at some point and according to him, ' it was the only true holocron used by the Sith who adhered to Bane's Rule of Two' so I'm guessing all of the ROT guys had it.

Later Drth Krayt had it along with Andeddu's and Nihilus' and Bane's gatekeeper hologram chewed him out about abolishing the ROT.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 04:17 PM
Darth Truculent

Nephthys, Caedus was not trained by a Sith Lord. Lumiya inherited the role due to the fact that Vader became Anakin and pulled a Tony Soprano on Sidious. She never completed her training. Starkiller, Mara, Jerec, Vergere, Lumiya and all of the others were pawns of the Sith - they were affiliated with the Sith. Lumiya never killed her Master. Jerec was killed by a person who was just beginning to discover his power. Kinda tells you something about the training they received - incomplete.

Caedus never killed Lumiya so his training wasn't complete. So what if he had Sith lightning, Force choke and the Shatterpoint technique. Brakiss knew those powers and so did Jaina (save Shatterpoint). Luke has the ability to summon green lightning. Mara kicked Caedus's ass and he had to resort to cheating to stay alive.

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:37 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Nephthys, Caedus was not trained by a Sith Lord. Lumiya inherited the role due to the fact that Vader became Anakin and pulled a Tony Soprano on Sidious. She never completed her training. Starkiller, Mara, Jerec, Vergere, Lumiya and all of the others were pawns of the Sith - they were affiliated with the Sith. Lumiya never killed her Master. Jerec was killed by a person who was just beginning to discover his power. Kinda tells you something about the training they received - incomplete.

Caedus never killed Lumiya so his training wasn't complete.

Thats what I said.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:41 PM
Darth Truculent

To make it a simpler, the answer should be: if there are more than 2 Sith, they turn on each other due to 'political' infighting. But the Lost Tribe doesn't make a friggen sense to me.

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:44 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I havn't read anything on them. Do they still believe in the basic Sith ideals of the Code, freedom before everything, power second, self interest, emotions, down with love blah di blah blah? Because if so I can't see how they'd survive so long, especially without trying to attack the galaxy at least once. erm

Of course, the Golden Age Sith didn't really follow the Code or seem very Sithly, so if they're a splinter group of them that might explain it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:51 PM
Darth Truculent

Not really. They have some of the basic tenants of the Ancient Sith Empire like the Dark Council, but lacking an Emperor. They don't believe in the rule of two and somewhat agree with the most important rule: passion>strength>power>victory And most disturbingly, they do not believe in the apprentice killing the Master to achieve Sith Lord status or even the title of Darth.

The Tribe allows marriage and love - a Jedi trait

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:00 PM
CaedusRules

Not really. They have some of the basic tenants of the Ancient Sith Empire like the Dark Council, but lacking an Emperor. They don't believe in the rule of two and somewhat agree with the most important rule: passion>strength>power>victory And most disturbingly, they do not believe in the apprentice killing the Master to achieve Sith Lord status or even the title of Darth.

The Tribe allows marriage and love - a Jedi trait

Yea, but they were stuck on a world they couldn't get off of, and had absolute power over it. So actually they rule "their" universe, limited as it was.

And the Tribe was stranded before the rule of 2 was created, before it was thought you have to kill your master to assume the title.

I like to think of it like a religion. Same religion, different sect. Like Catholic and Baptist... both Christian, but fundamentally different. You cant tell me one is better then the other cause it works for both.

And as for in-fightin with the Sith, yes it happens, but there could be an advantage to having many sith. First being you wont get wiped out if 2 die ala Vader and Sidious. Second, even though many of the weak can over-come the strong, you have more Sith that can pass on knowledge that might be lost in the ROT Sith. For example, Bane couldn't use force sorcery, and if Zannah also couldn't then those teaching would be lost forever. In the Tribe, those teachings live on, in other Sith.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 10:13 PM
CaedusRules

Caedus never killed Lumiya so his training wasn't complete. So what if he had Sith lightning, Force choke and the Shatterpoint technique. Brakiss knew those powers and so did Jaina (save Shatterpoint). Luke has the ability to summon green lightning. Mara kicked Caedus's ass and he had to resort to cheating to stay alive.

Caedus was powerful, and if he had the right time, and access to material I believe he would have been a very powerfull Sith. Its a testiment that he was able to take control of the Gov right in front of the Jedi, and they were powerless to do anything about it. I think he was a master strategist. If he had more time to learn to surpress his fellings about Allana then we would have become very dangerous.

As for resorting to cheating to beat Mara... Thats was a Sith does.... He also fought and almost beat Luke, and would have beat Jaina if he didn't try and save Allana.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 10:24 PM