KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » "He Could Even Keep the Ones He Cared About From Dying"

"He Could Even Keep the Ones He Cared About From Dying"
Started by: Pyron_Knight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

"He Could Even Keep the Ones He Cared About From Dying"

(please log in to view the image)

No, not that guy.

(please log in to view the image)

This is him. THe one who uses the dark side to save people from imminent death or possibly even resurrect those who have did briefly.

Has there been any mention of how what Palpatine described in the films is basically what Cade does?

Maybe Plagueis' power has been further explained in supplementary material, I wouldn't know. That's why I'm asking.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Cade's Shatterpoint Resurrection isn't the same as Plagueis' ability to keep people from dieing. It's never been referred to in any source specifically.

That said, Legacy of the Force can go f*ck itself.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

...what does LOTF have to do with anything?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

He means Legacy.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Tomato potato, shouldn't have used the same word in such two close series.

EDIT: F*ck Legacy of the Force anyway.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Eh, I like it. Legacy I mean.

Once I finish it I'll have to make lots of Legacy threads. The last Cade verssus was in 2009 for god's sake.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 03:43 AM
truejedi

no one here will really know anything about Cade tho... I don't think any active members here reads comic books, except maybe McBeefy? I think i've heard him comment on legacy before. I prefer novels to comics myself.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 03:51 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know all about Cade and the legacy comics. Stand alone, they would be awesome but in terms of continuity, they suck.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:05 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
no one here will really know anything about Cade tho... I don't think any active members here reads comic books, except maybe McBeefy? I think i've heard him comment on legacy before. I prefer novels to comics myself.

Click this...

Anyway I hate Legacy... Ok it has a good story but it shits all over the OT and everything after it. From the Sith ruling the galaxy again, to every aspect of Cade Skywalker, to half a dozen Jedi from he CW still being around, etc...

Yeah, it has problems. Cade is probably the biggest ***** of a character I have ever seen. Cade is simply way too powerful and this abilty is one of the biggest problems.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

You do remember he's the descendant of Luke "Overpowered as all Hell" Skywalker right?

I would have thought anyone who posted here knows Luke is the most broken and wanked character in SW. Cade doesn't even begin to approach his great great great great grandfather or whatever Luke is.

Also, sure, it might look like a copout that the Sith came back in Legacy. But consider this.
In the 20 years or so after Return of the Jedi, how many disasters faced the galaxy? How many superweapons, deus ex machinas, aliens, clones, whatever the hell came out of nowhere to threaten stability? It's quite frankly ridiculous.

The mere fact the galaxy got a 100 years of peace is a gift.

I used to not like Legacy for the same reasons as you. "What bullshit. Sith and Empire AGAIN?"

But the SW Galaxy, in the Expanded Universe, is simply a place of constant strife and warfare. It's Warhammer 40k-lite.

Last edited by Pyron_Knight on Mar 19th, 2011 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:12 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
[B]You do remember he's the descendant of Luke "Overpowered as all Hell" Skywalker right?

Please remind me how being the son of the Chosen one makes you "overpowered as hell"? I would love to know.

quote:
I would have thought anyone who posted here knows Luke is the most broken and wanked character in SW. Cade doesn't even begin to approach his great great great great grandfather or whatever Luke is.

That is your opinion which lacks any kind of explanation.

quote:
Also, sure, it might look like a copout that the Sith came back in Legacy. But consider this.
In the 20 years or so after Return of the Jedi, how many disasters faced the galaxy? How many superweapons, deus ex machinas, aliens, clones, whatever the hell came out of nowhere to threaten stability? It's quite frankly ridiculous.

Doesn't matter. Lucas' Chosen One was supposed to bring balance and destroy the sith. He didn't.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:15 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Please remind me how being the son of the Chosen one makes you "overpowered as hell"? I would love to know.

Because the purpose of the Chosen One is to be overpowered as all hell. Tat seems obvious.

quote:
That is your opinion which lacks any kind of explanation.

No...it's kinda fact. Cade hasn't done anything near a simpressive as the crap Luke pulls out of his ass.

quote:
Doesn't matter. Lucas' Chosen One was supposed to bring balance and destroy the sith. He didn't.

So? That was evident years ago as soon as Lumiya showed up. Hell, it was obvious as soon as Palpatine was revived.

The Prophecy was trashed long before Legacy.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:20 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

So? That was evident years ago as soon as Lumiya showed up. Hell, it was obvious as soon as Palpatine was revived.

The Prophecy was trashed long before Legacy.
Yeah, and we've been b*tching since then too. And we're gonna keep on b*tching whenever some unoriginal writers decides to bring the Sith back as an organization of hundreds of Darths.

Just like Legacy.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:23 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Such is your right.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:26 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Such is your right.
Ugh.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:29 AM
ares834

ares834 is online now!

You do remember he's the descendant of Luke "Overpowered as all Hell" Skywalker right?

Sure. Consider that Jacen and Jainia Solo trained for years to reach there current power. Cade however is battling and defeating the mightest of Sith Lords after a couple of months of training. Sure Luke did something similar, but he is the hallmark of Star Wars and arguably had an equal potential to Anakin. Cade has neither of these working in his favor.

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight Also, sure, it might look like a copout that the Sith came back in Legacy. But consider this.

Yeah, but the heores always win. Yet, Legacy shows us that in the end, their impact on the galaxy is minimal and despite our heros best efforts the Empire/Sith end up winning.

The mere fact the galaxy got a 100 years of peace is a gift.

They didn't even bring that. And that just ruins my enjoyment of the series. Jedi Master Hoth brings 1000 years of relative peace, Luke brings 100 years of near constant warfare and a few years after his death the galaxy is in as big of a mess as it was when he was born...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:31 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

its true. WHATEVER Luke does in FOTJ, WHATEVER he did in LOTF, WHATEVER he did in NJO, they are for NOTHING. They were a waste, and he failed. Sidious did a better job of bringing peace to the galaxy than luke did.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 04:53 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

That's been obvious for a long time now.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 05:23 AM
truejedi

sooo, that's the obvious problem with Legacy. You asked.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 06:03 AM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

It's the problem with any EU post-movies you mean.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 06:07 AM