KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Does anyone ike Galen marek?

Does anyone ike Galen marek?
Started by: lord starkiller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lord starkiller

Does anyone ike Galen marek?

Well I because i seem to notice that people don't like his power is it that he is ridicoulsy powerful. I think he is one of the best star wars characters to me. please share what you think of him and tell how he could be improved.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 05:17 PM
Click here to Send lord starkiller a Private Message Find more posts by lord starkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord starkiller

BUmp

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 05:46 PM
Click here to Send lord starkiller a Private Message Find more posts by lord starkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord starkiller

BUmp

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:06 PM
lord starkiller

BBUUUUUUUUUUMPPP

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:47 PM
-kV-
[:::::{============)

DUDE, quit bumping.

Here's your answer: No, most members here don't like Starkiller/Galen Marek.

There's nothing compelling about him, and he's overpowered to the degree that it doesn't make any sense in the Star Wars universe.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:56 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PencilInEyelulz
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Korto Vos
No, most members here don't like Starkiller/Galen Marek.

thumb up

quote:
Korto Vos
There's nothing compelling about him,

thumb down

quote:
Korto Vos
and he's overpowered to the degree that it doesn't make any sense in the Star Wars universe.

thumb down thumb down thumb down

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Most of the people who b1tch about Galen Marek's uber-l33t powers are whiners who wish that their favorite characters benefit from such strength. How do I know this? Because they aren't throwing their ass about the many other overpowered schmucks running around the EU. I'd bet Nephthys's left nut that if Revan were doing that stuff, you'd be A-okay with it.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:11 PM
Click here to Send PencilInEyelulz a Private Message Find more posts by PencilInEyelulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord starkiller

ohh ok i love him well my name

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:18 PM
PencilInEyelulz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lord starkiller
ohh ok i love him well my name

Oh, well I wasn't sure so I'm glad you told me.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:21 PM
Click here to Send PencilInEyelulz a Private Message Find more posts by PencilInEyelulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord starkiller

yep very funny but you are right about what you said

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:44 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think the hate for him Gideon is that unlike the other overpowered schmucks Marek was intentionally made that way. He's built to put the majority of other EU characters to shame. And he does it very flambouyantly, his immense power like a moon-sized dick in your face, unlike other characters in the EU who are mostly subtler about it. Plus theres the way he just shows up out of nowhere and is one of the most powerful Force users ever. We never really see his training or anything that would allow him to earn this spot in the big leagues, he's just introduced as being 'teh most l33t thing evre!'

That said I don't have a problem with him. I liked the first game and thought Galen was passable as a protagonist. I still think his 'I don't think he does either' line was actually pretty smart.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord starkiller

Yes I can see why people do not like him but why can't we just accept him he was overpowered yes but we now see how The Rebels started and he just amazes me with his awsome force talents

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 09:09 PM
-kV-

Originally posted by PencilInEyelulz
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Most of the people who b1tch about Galen Marek's uber-l33t powers are whiners who wish that their favorite characters benefit from such strength. How do I know this? Because they aren't throwing their ass about the many other overpowered schmucks running around the EU. I'd bet Nephthys's left nut that if Revan were doing that stuff, you'd be A-okay with it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And I can bet you Nephthys's right nut that I wouldn't be "A-okay" with it. Why would I be "A-okay" with cinematics of Revan doing some Jean Grey/Phoenix sh1t? Quit assuming things.

quote:
I think the hate for him Gideon is that unlike the other overpowered schmucks Marek was intentionally made that way. He's built to put the majority of other EU characters to shame. And he does it very flambouyantly, his immense power like a moon-sized dick in your face, unlike other characters in the EU who are mostly subtler about it. Plus theres the way he just shows up out of nowhere and is one of the most powerful Force users ever. We never really see his training or anything that would allow him to earn this spot in the big leagues, he's just introduced as being 'teh most l33t thing evre!'

This.

And about your comment about Revan- yes I do like him, but I don't make nor want him to become some Force god (which is the way they try to demonstrate Starkiller).

You don't see Anakin Skywalker being able to do half the Force crap Marek is able to do at the same age, and he's supposed to have the highest midi-chlorian count and potential of all Force-users in history.

Revan's background and story takes place 4000 years before Yavin and it's much more developed. He has impressive feats, but they aren't "wtfs."

If TFU had been written better, and its gameplay was more attune to Star Wars logistics (which it's not- ex: the Vader lightning bath scene), I would have also appreciated Starkiller to a greater degree. The only thing I could give props to TFU was that they made Vader into the original badass he is supposed to be, especially after the rather weak way Lucas had Anakin Skywalker fall in ROTS.

Last edited by -kV- on Aug 13th, 2011 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 01:09 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

I have no problem with Marek's AWESOME POWER. I have a problem with the game he's in. In any case, Marek has all the personality of a doorknob. He's about as flat as you get.

He's also in no way a Jedi as we understand what Jedi are... but somehow he is.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

Originally posted by Lucius
In any case, Marek has all the personality of a doorknob. He's about as flat as you get.

This, as well.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 01:16 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Marek is ridiculously over-powered. But as a character I liked him.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 02:16 AM
Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Meh, his storyline is shoe-horned in worse than the Clone Wars cartoons (which stomp all over the established continuity the novels and movies created) and his over the top Force power usage is heresy. He makes DE Luke and Sidious seem balanced and well thought out.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 07:07 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by PencilInEyelulz
Most of the people who b1tch about Galen Marek's uber-l33t powers are whiners who wish that their favorite characters benefit from such strength. How do I know this? Because they aren't throwing their ass about the many other overpowered schmucks running around the EU. I'd bet Nephthys's left nut that if Revan were doing that stuff, you'd be A-okay with it.
Oh, dude... no. Where are you getting that from?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 07:47 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lord starkiller

he was just defending galen you guys are right he is kinda boring person

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 05:07 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Fun game, average story. Marek served his purpose as a Force conduit for fun gameplay.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Re: Does anyone ike Galen marek?

Originally posted by lord starkiller
Well I because i seem to notice that people don't like his power is it that he is ridicoulsy powerful. I think he is one of the best star wars characters to me. please share what you think of him and tell how he could be improved.

Personally I really like Galen and think he's a great character. I love how even though his childhood was stolen from him and he was twisted into a weapon for evil he had the strength to rise above it and become a hero. And what I like most is that he gained that strength from falling in love.

I really don't mind him being so powerful either. I have several other favourites far less powerful than him and that doesn't bother me. Plus, as I see it it makes sense. Most Jedi are trained to respect the Force, to show restraint, not push themselves too far etc. Galen was pushed to his limits from the start and the results of his training reflect that. We don't see Anakin and co. doing that kind of stuff because that's not the way they were trained.

Originally posted by Lucias

But that's another thing that makes him awesome. Because he's different. I don't see why every Jedi has to fit the exact same profile and behave in the exact same way, like there's some mold that every Jedi has to fit.

Why shouldn't there be different kinds of Jedi? It makes things more interesting.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 08:59 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote