KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Was he really a bad Jedi?

Was he really a bad Jedi?
Started by: JediRobin23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Was he really a bad Jedi?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 03:37 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Re: Was he really a bad Jedi?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23

Better.

And no.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 03:45 AM
Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

He didn't sense the trade federation.....
Cant play the mind trick on Watto....
Darth Maul killed him....

?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:18 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

He didn't sense the trade federation.....
Cant play the mind trick on Watto....
Darth Maul killed him....

?

You know obi wan managed to do so well cause he got angry right? And mind tricks don't always work, only on the weak minded...guess Watto wasn't weak minded...as for the trade federation...I dunno

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 01:56 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Watto actually explained it when Qui-Gon tried it, he said that those Jedi mind tricks don't work on his species.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 09:55 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

What about when He cant sense the trap of the trade federation but Obiwan could sense something?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 03:41 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Actually, I guess he wasn't so bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vv2OL5FEuU

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 04:12 AM
General G
Canadian.

What about when He cant sense the trap of the trade federation but Obiwan could sense something?

I think that Qui-Gon actually did sense a trap, but if you look throughout the movie, he always seems to try and find the best in others and in what he's doing, rarely acknowledging the negative aspects. He seemed to ignore the bad feelings instad focusing on the hope that things would work out at the discussions.

For instance, at the podrace, the odds of Anakin winning were so freakin' low. He doesn't acknowledge this to anyone else. He also stays with the Skywalker family without question. They could be any kind of family. He just seems to be always trusting.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 01:24 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Originally posted by General G
I think that Qui-Gon actually did sense a trap, but if you look throughout the movie, he always seems to try and find the best in others and in what he's doing, rarely acknowledging the negative aspects. He seemed to ignore the bad feelings instad focusing on the hope that things would work out at the discussions.

For instance, at the podrace, the odds of Anakin winning were so freakin' low. He doesn't acknowledge this to anyone else. He also stays with the Skywalker family without question. They could be any kind of family. He just seems to be always trusting.

He is trusting, but I think there is a lot more than just simple faith. He trusts the will of the Force, which clearly led him to discover out of all the people, the Chosen One. He knew Anakin would win that race.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 02:56 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Did he know Anakin would fall to the dark side?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2011 03:59 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Korto Vos
He is trusting, but I think there is a lot more than just simple faith. He trusts the will of the Force, which clearly led him to discover out of all the people, the Chosen One. He knew Anakin would win that race.

Yes, but he could have easily misinterpreted what the Force was sending him and put not just him, but many others, including the Queen of Naboo in a very precarious position while being stranded on Tatooine. I agree with the conclusion the others around Qui-Gon made. It was a reckless decision which he did not consult with anybody else.

That being said, it was also the right decision. They had no other choice.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 02:53 AM
queeq
Chaos

THEY?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 03:45 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

Yes, but he could have easily misinterpreted what the Force was sending him and put not just him, but many others, including the Queen of Naboo in a very precarious position while being stranded on Tatooine. I agree with the conclusion the others around Qui-Gon made. It was a reckless decision which he did not consult with anybody else.

That being said, it was also the right decision. They had no other choice.

The Queen of Naboo had to make haste to Coruscant. There was little that could have been done simply waiting.

And yes, Qui-Gon could have misinterpreted the Force. But he's Qui-Gon Jinn, though. It was an incredible gamble, but one that he could afford to take because the will of the Force was guiding him.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:44 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

About the whole Trade Federation trap:

There was no trap until they discovered the two ambassadors were jedi and phoned up Sidious who said to kill them!

After that Qui Gon senses "an unusual amount of fear...blah"

I don't think QGJ was a "model" Jedi ! he was a bit of a maverick ( please master dont defy the council again lol) which IMHO makes him awesome! He has his own views on the force! Some of the other jedi seem like mindless drones kinda like some Christians lol

The mind trick thing with watto was a bit embarrasing i suppose but if thats the rules Georgey boy made up i suppose even Yoda couldn't do it

He was defeated fair and square by Darth Maul but that doesn't make him a bad Jedi

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by queeq
THEY?

They[/] had to take the gamble on the race.

[i]Originally posted by Korto Vos
The Queen of Naboo had to make haste to Coruscant. There was little that could have been done simply waiting.

And yes, Qui-Gon could have misinterpreted the Force. But he's Qui-Gon Jinn, though. It was an incredible gamble, but one that he could afford to take because the will of the Force was guiding him.

Of course, as I said, it was a very reckless decision. However, it was also the right decision.

Thankfully, he interpreted the Force correctly.

Imagine them wasting even more time on Naboo to try and pay off their parts.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:56 PM
-kV-

They[/] had to take the gamble on the race.

Of course, as I said, it was a very reckless decision. However, it was also the [i]right
decision.

Thankfully, he interpreted the Force correctly.

Imagine them wasting even more time on Naboo to try and pay off their parts.

Well, it wasn't the best plot approach either. I'm pretty sure Qui-Gon could have found a vendor who accepted Republic credits and given him a valuable item. Then Jinn could have traded Watto that item for the Nubian parts.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2011 01:34 AM
General G
Canadian.

Lmao if we were to sit here and count flaws from the prequels, we'd be here a looooong time. He definitely could have found a vendor who used Republic Credits.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 01:31 AM
queeq
Chaos

What else are we supposed to do? Praise its merits? Then we're done in no time. wink

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 10:34 AM
General G
Canadian.

Yeeeeeah, much easier to talk about its flaws, adds much more longevity to the discussions, too.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 12:26 AM
queeq
Chaos

Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 08:45 AM