KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which parts of the canon do you pretend aren't real?

Which parts of the canon do you pretend aren't real?
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Which parts of the canon do you pretend aren't real?

Its all there in the title folks. What are the parts of Star Wars canon that you pretty much ignore and hope go away?

Bonus points for things that havn't happened yet. Like The Exile not having a name. Because she doesn't.

I'll start with the above and Vergere being a Sith, and Jacen being a Sith. Never happened.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 03:49 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

All of KotOR II.
And Force Unleashed II.
And The Crystal Star.
And The Old Republic.
And Ahsoka Tano.
And Legacy.
And everything post-NJO.
And roughly half of what I watch in The Clone Wars.
And 3 million Clones.
And those books about zombies.
And Han not shooting first.
And Vader saying "Nooo!"
And the dialogue in Dark Empire.
And Lord Nyax.

About half of the mythos, is what I'm saying.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 11:35 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Hater's gonna hate.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

They are.

Tell us, what doth thou hateth?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2011 08:27 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Well, I think a good portion of the Clone Wars cartoons ought to be revised for consistency, and post-OT EU should be reconsidered since a lot of it early on violates tenets set down by the later-established prequel trilogy. Some EU needs to be scaled down to PT-levels of power, such as the Old Republic era, Dark Empire era, etc. It takes away a lot of the tension in character development and relationships when Yoda's statement about Force use is taken literally and made into Force users who kill galaxies or play ping-pong with planets.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

I liked Tartovsky's Clone Wars cartoon...

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:16 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I thought it was utter garbage. As was said before, if Jedi could leap small mountains, smash in vehicles with their bare hands, and Force TK hundreds as though they were toothpicks, the Battle of Geonosis should have ended with zero Jedi casualties.

The cartoon's grossly exaggerated style becomes enmeshed with "canon" because "GL waved his flabby hand and okay'd it" and therefore we have to conclude within canon that Mace Windu can solo Mordor with his bare hands, but he cannot defeat Sidious before the latter kills his posse.

FML.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:19 AM
-kV-
[:::::{============)

I thought the Jedi were rather downgraded at Geonosis.

I mean these are supposed to be individuals born with superhuman reflexes that have been training with the lightsaber and Force for the majority of their lives, and yet Coleman Trebor, a Jedi Council member, was owned by blaster fire.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 02:26 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Granted, his focus was on Dooku, who is a big fish in the Order, but it was a low showing.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 03:04 AM
S_W_LeGenD

For this topic:

The Force Unleashed
The Force Unleashed II

Absolultely baseless and needless addition to Star Wars mythos. Such a titanic being and yet no mention in the movies. Poor story concept.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Granted, his focus was on Dooku, who is a big fish in the Order, but it was a low showing.

That does not justifies his poor showing.

As an example, Master Ven Zallow could block blaster fire without looking at his opponents.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 05:21 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
All of KotOR II.
And Force Unleashed II.
And The Crystal Star.
And The Old Republic.
And Ahsoka Tano.
And Legacy.
And everything post-NJO.
And roughly half of what I watch in The Clone Wars.
And 3 million Clones.
And those books about zombies.
And Han not shooting first.
And Vader saying "Nooo!"
And the dialogue in Dark Empire.
And Lord Nyax.

About half of the mythos, is what I'm saying.

All of this for me as well and a bit more like TotJ (Sith War is still there just heavily edited) and the Bane novels (the Bane comic is there though).

It takes away a lot of the tension in character development and relationships when Yoda's statement about Force use is taken literally and made into Force users who kill galaxies or play ping-pong with planets.

Agreed. There was a time when Yoda's levitation of the X-Wing was mythical and powerful... Now if you can't destroy planets or blow up stars you're not a threat.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 06:13 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
For this topic:

The Force Unleashed
The Force Unleashed II

Absolultely baseless and needless addition to Star Wars mythos. Such a titanic being and yet no mention in the movies. Poor story concept.

That does not justifies his poor showing.

As an example, Master Ven Zallow could block blaster fire without looking at his opponents.

Your latter example is not necessarily correct. Coleman Trebor was directly in front of Count Dooku, a reputed master of TK and Makashi dueling. Then, the mercenary to his side quickly draws and rains fire on Coleman. Coleman has to deal with two foes at once, mentally if not entirely physically at this point.

A real world example would be if you were about to swordfight Bruce Lee and some fool with a .38 special started unloading on you at the same time. It may have been a low showing without context, yes. But give the guy a break.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 06:32 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've yet to read TotJ. It's on my computer but I just can't get in to it...

And the 2002 Clone Wars cartoon had a few qualities I really enjoyed. Simple entertainment value aside, I like the clones themselves. Quiet and lacking individuality--I can't stand the CGI clones for that. General Grievous was at his finest too. The battles in general were better played out, despite the animation quality--mass death and destruction you'd expect from a war with clones and robots. None of the small scale, squad-sized "armies" taking whole planets and losing a handful of men the CGI has.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2011 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Your latter example is not necessarily correct. Coleman Trebor was directly in front of Count Dooku, a reputed master of TK and Makashi dueling. Then, the mercenary to his side quickly draws and rains fire on Coleman. Coleman has to deal with two foes at once, mentally if not entirely physically at this point.

A real world example would be if you were about to swordfight Bruce Lee and some fool with a .38 special started unloading on you at the same time. It may have been a low showing without context, yes. But give the guy a break.

Sir,

Master Zen Vallow was focused on Darth Malgus. In an attempt to take advantage of his situation, Aleena opened fire on the Jedi Master. He deflected her blaster fire back at her without even looking at her and knocked her out.

It all depends upon the skill and state of mind of the Jedi.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 07:33 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:29 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shinkoryu
Restricted

Account Restricted

For this topic:

The Force Unleashed
The Force Unleashed II

Yes because the powers shown in TFU by vader and starkiller are better than all KOTOR characters? Right.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:31 AM
Click here to Send shinkoryu a Private Message Find more posts by shinkoryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by shinkoryu
Yes because the powers shown in TFU by vader and starkiller are better than all KOTOR characters? Right.

No, because Garen is so overpowered that it seems like as if can contend with Luke Skywalker on equal footing and yet he finds it hard to defeat Darth Vader and he always spares him. Think about this for a moment. In addition, there is no hint of such a titanic character in the movies.

It is a Revan wannabe type projection but with extremely poor story. Epic Fail.

At least, Darth Plagueis makes sense.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 07:53 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 07:46 AM
shinkoryu
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, because Garen is so overpowered that it seems like as if can contend with Luke Skywalker on equal footing and yet he finds it hard to defeat Darth Vader and he always spares him. Think about this for a moment. In addition, there is no hint of such a titanic character in the movies.

It is a Revan wannabe type projection but with extremely poor story. Epic Fail.

At least, Darth Plagueis makes sense.
How is Galen a wannabe? I agree he is a bullshit character and i absolutely hate the way he is or the way he is designed.

And don't give me that "no hint of a titanic character" was hinted in the movies. Weren't the clone war cartoons overpowered and so was the TOR trailers?

Face it, you just hate TFU because it makes nearly all its characters superior to your favourite characters in the old republic,

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 09:25 AM
Click here to Send shinkoryu a Private Message Find more posts by shinkoryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Sorcerer

Terrible argument considering the TOR characters are more overpowered than TFU.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 12:26 PM
Click here to Send Sith Sorcerer a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Sorcerer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shinkoryu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sith Sorcerer
Terrible argument considering the TOR characters are more overpowered than TFU.
Watch the TFU 2 trailers.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 01:35 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And don't give me that "no hint of a titanic character" was hinted in the movies. Weren't the clone war cartoons overpowered and so was the TOR trailers?
Unrelated. Darth Vader goes from kicking ass with powerful telekinesis and withstanding Dragonall Z style energy barrages to... his performance in the OT. That's not a "no hint", that's a flat-out paradox.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2011 01:44 PM