KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.
Started by: focus4chumps

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

http://www.metro.co.uk/film/887760-...ng-blockbusters

quote:
[...]He said: I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff. I'm retiring.'
The director also said he wouldn't be making any more Star Wars films after getting fed up with the negative reaction from fans to changes he made to the original trilogy using computer-generated imagery.
He explained: 'On the internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie. I'm saying: "Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it."

apologies if its been posted, but i couldnt find anything on it.

and please dont change the thread title. it may seem inflammatory, but its also accurate.

so what do think of his decision and what may or may not come of it? will he take his "no original releases in HI-Res" policy to his grave? will the live action tv show happen? is there a chance of it being watchable now that he implies that he wont be involved in it beyond collecting licensing royalties? so much to discuss for but one thread. what are your thoughts?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 02:37 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Re: George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
http://www.metro.co.uk/film/887760-...ng-blockbusters

apologies if its been posted, but i couldnt find anything on it.

and please dont change the thread title. it may seem inflammatory, but its also accurate.

so what do think of his decision and what may or may not come of it? will he take his "no original releases in HI-Res" policy to his grave? will the live action tv show happen? is there a chance of it being watchable now that he implies that he wont be involved in it beyond collecting licensing royalties? so much to discuss for but one thread. what are your thoughts?

What Movies? it's not like he's spielberg in directing a lot of movies. hes only done 6 i think. yes he has had his hand in alot of other things, like indiana jones, and others but i think 3 big name directors (lucas, spielberg & cameron) have lost their minds as the years go on.
I think Lucas has a wonderful imangination, that is why star was is so good, but when he just went to writing and producing and left episode 5 to irvin kershner we were given the best movie EVER!
He should leave star wars alone, and pass it off to someone IF in the future they want make 789. I do agree they are HIS movies but also he should aknowledge the fans! and give them both versions of the film. or atleast the original theatrical versions with the updated effects but not any of the new scenes or any of the altered sounds.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 05:13 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

Let us pray that in his epic crying and butt-hurt over the oh so mean critics, he's not above handing the reigns over to another [hopefully talented] writer(s) and director(s). I wouldn't mind some EU films or shows.

Grown man crying over some healthy criticism, for shame.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 19th, 2012 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No need to complain I'd say. He brings out crap, we all buy it. We cheer at him loudly when he appears in public. All we ask to ALSO have the originals, I'm sure that would take a lot of the complaints away and Lucas could tinker unto eternity.

Why doesn't he just say he wants to do smaller pictures. He said it when he finished ROTS years ago... and he never made a small independent picture. Frabnkly I doubt he'll ever make one, but I would love to see it though. Maybe it's great, maybe it sucks but at least we don't have to question his motives. And I think that's the thing that's bothering a lot of fans.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 09:33 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Does this mean no Star Wars 3D?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 01:58 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
"A copyright is held in trust by its owner until it ultimately reverts to public domain. American works of art belong to the American public; they are part of our cultural history.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 03:16 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

SW isn't public domain yet.

And I'm sure the SW 3D project will continue. Lucas needs SOME excuse not to make these small, independent pictures he's been talking about for years.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 07:54 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Re: George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
and others but i think 3 big name directors (lucas, spielberg & cameron) have lost their minds as the years go on.

How has Cameron lost his mind?

i can understand the other two from what they say over the years.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 08:29 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How has SPielberg lost his mind? I mean, some of his films kinda missed the makr. But with TinTIn and with the good reviews for War Horse... this guy is still making decent films.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 09:17 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by queeq
SW isn't public domain yet.

And I'm sure the SW 3D project will continue. Lucas needs SOME excuse not to make these small, independent pictures he's been talking about for years.

his point then was that a copyright holder of american art has an ethical duty to preserve it as it was when released.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 02:18 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

You have so got to watch "The people vs George Lucas", if you haven't already.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I did... and it's a good point.

And that's what I'm saying: Lucas contradicts himself a lot, or doesn't do what he promises. So no wonder people don't take him that seriously anymore...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 08:53 PM
darthmaul1

Re: Re: Re: George Lucas Butthurt that Nobody Cares about 3D JarJar, Retires.

Originally posted by Kazenji
How has Cameron lost his mind?

i can understand the other two from what they say over the years.

Cameron lost it with Avatar! then he flies up to the oil sands in Alberta cause they are bad for the environment.

Until you are living OFF the land with out any man made material and your travel by walking or horse. you can't say sh!t about a natural resouce that we need.

and as for speilberg, it was one of his comments on indy IV that sealed it for me that you can't tell that any time has passed by looking at Harrison Ford and comparing him in Raiders to now. he still looks the same!
LOL

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 10:17 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

"He explained: 'On the internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie. I'm saying: "Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it." Sounds like Lucas has taken one too many trips to KMC. lol

And what did I tell everyone a while back about Red Tails? How predictable that the critics took the bait. However, the audience reaction has been positive. Probably because there's no original Red Tails movie made in 1977 to impossibly hold it against.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2012 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, it will be judged as a new movie, like any other. And prolly without takingb into account that Lucas and MacCallum produced it. It will at least be intersting for the way of producing it, shooting stuff on DSLR's and stuff... it may revolutionize tehcnical film making as we know it. But I don't expect a film with a huge impact like Saving Private Ryan or Gladiator. It seems a bit too run of the mill to me: poor people with few opportunities in life (in this case black people) get a chance to fly, they don't get any good missions (discrimination), and when they do, they get in big trouble but will overcome in the end).

But of course, the fate of black film makers will be totally determined by the success of this film... or so Lucas says. *rolls eyes*

On IMDB it's getting a meager 5.6...

Last edited by queeq on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 09:46 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 09:37 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Probably because there's no original Red Tails movie made in 1977 to impossibly hold it against.

The prequel trilogy wasn't gonna be competing against ANH/ESB/ROTJ.
All he had to do was compliment his originals.. not f*** the story up.

He failed horrifically, BTW.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jan 22nd, 2012 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2012 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Quite.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 06:31 PM
coolmovies

no more changes thats for sure i just wish he had used the same actor/actreses for all six films

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 07:02 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The prequel trilogy wasn't gonna be competing against ANH/ESB/ROTJ.
All he had to do was compliment his originals.. not f*** the story up.

He failed horrifically, BTW.

this

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 07:06 PM
steverules_2

Lets be realistic here, the PT focused more on CGI and things go boom than they did on everything else. I mean let me ask you why the hell Anakin was such a perveted sex offender in ep.2? Stroking Padme's arm and the way he was just felt like I was watching an episode of Crime Watch.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2012 10:41 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote