KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why does Palpatines voice change?

Why does Palpatines voice change?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Why does Palpatines voice change?

In Revenge of the sith, when Palpatine got his face disfigured, his voice changed as well the way he looked. His voice sounded more like it does in ROTJ. Why is this? I know it was probably done so he'd sound more like he does in Episode VI, but was the logical reason in the story for it happening? surely getting a messed up face wouldn't change your voice as well would it?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 10:01 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

When hes Darth Sidious, thats his true voice. They did exaggerate his voice to make him sound evil during that scene. I thought it was weird to add froglike (or blaghhh) sounds

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 12:29 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It did, all the wierd gurgling... he didn't do that in ROTJ.

It's still a weird scene, I don't get the melting face and stuff. I know Lucas needed something to explain why he looks normal first and all wrinly and yellow-eyed later... but it is rather silly if you ask me. The real question is: why didn't Palpy look a little like he did in ROTJ in the first place? Prolly to make him look normal and innocent in TPM, AOTC and half of ROTS... but the whole hiding of Palpy's identoty never really worked for me.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 07:57 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
When hes Darth Sidious, thats his true voice.
That's his true voice? So does that mean that he was putting on the other voice that he originally had?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 10:49 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Florence76

I know Lucas needed something to explain why he looks normal first and all wrinly and yellow-eyed later... but it is rather silly if you ask me. The real question is: why didn't Palpy look a little like he did in ROTJ in the first place? Prolly to make him look normal and innocent in TPM.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 07:20 AM
Click here to Send Florence76 a Private Message Find more posts by Florence76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

What a great question, Florence. wink

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 08:31 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Ahh. Episode II made him look old. Then in EP III, he got a facelift then he had a drastic darkside tan....

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 04:21 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Florence76
I know Lucas needed something to explain why he looks normal first and all wrinly and yellow-eyed later... but it is rather silly if you ask me. The real question is: why didn't Palpy look a little like he did in ROTJ in the first place? Prolly to make him look normal and innocent in TPM.(please log in to view the image)

I know if he looked like what he did in ROTJ i wouldn't vote for him.

But his voice, changed when he told anakin to kill dooku.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 06:17 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I know if he looked like what he did in ROTJ i wouldn't vote for him.

But his voice, changed when he told anakin to kill dooku.
Yeah, I think it's better that he looked normal, coz who would vote 4 him if he looked all ugly? Also, maybe Lucas had a plan from the start (when he made the originals) that Palpatine had force lighting on him, so why not explain that in the film?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:04 PM
C-3POTheClever

Is there aybody who really knows the answer to my question though? Was his changed voice his real voice? Does that mean he was putting on the imorcent sounding voice?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2012 07:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Yeah, I think it's better that he looked normal, coz who would vote 4 him if he looked all ugly? Also, maybe Lucas had a plan from the start (when he made the originals) that Palpatine had force lighting on him, so why not explain that in the film?

I'm quite sure he didn't.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 10:33 AM