KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » how would you have done the PT differently?

how would you have done the PT differently?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

how would you have done the PT differently?

First off i have to say i enjoyed the prequels very much, but i do feel George could of done some things differently.
these are just some rough ideas.

First off get someone else to direct it, Irin kershner (if he was able too)
George could just concentrate on the the story, and get someone else to do the screen play.

Episode 1
When they find Anakin he is 17 or 18 on tatooine living with his brother and mother at the moisture farm.
Still have Obi-wan apprentice with Quigon, obiwan aggress with quigon that Anakin should be trained.
same type of deal with Luke, Anakin wants to leave he hates it there.
His mother can't come with him cause it's forbidden, so he's a bit miffed at that.
you could still have the pod race.
When Maul appears show him hacking down muliple guys with a single blade outside the doors. then when the jedi approche he truns on the double blades
Have the final fight with Anakin watching close by. quigon gets killed anakin is pissed as is obiwan.
obiwan and maul fight, maul gets the better of him and is about to kill him anakin grabs quigons saber and intervens. using his anger while he's trying to hold off maul. Maul chops of his arm and force throws him, obi wan is now back in the game they fight some more and obiwan ends up kicking maul into the pit (he does not die).
Obiwan says to yoda I can instruct him just as well as you did me.
Take out yoda saying always 2 there are no more no less.

Episode 2
10 years later Anakin is 27 or 28 same with obiwan.
I think all the same stuff can happen, just show a bit more of Anakin starting down the dark path. Have his reason for turning just to become more powerful not to save Padme. They can still hook up but he is so bent on becoming powerful he doesn’t really care, they don’t get married, but she does get pregnant and we find out in episode 3 but Anakin doesn’t know he’s gone by that point.
Final confrontation on geonosis, Anakin and obiwan follow dooku, Anakin runs in head stong as usual, obiwan fights him and defeats him, maul shows up starts beating the crap out of obiwan, Anakin intervenes, and they both loose out and are incapacitated. Yoda shows up fights maul. Maul knows he’s out matched and throws his light saber using the force to cut down the column to crush obiwan and Anakin.
Maul reports back to sidious.

Episode III
Kind of keep the same, BUT Anakin defeats maul on the ship with the help of Palps words of wisdom. Shortly after that Anakin turns to the darkside. Actually show Anakin hunting down at least 2 jedi, before he assaults the temple. Show boba going to Kamino to have his age accelerated 10 years. Then he help Anakin assault the temple and he disintegrates a few of the jedi, and collects some of their braids for his uniform.
Same fight on mustafar. Padme give birth they find out Anakin is the father (he doesn’t know)
They say they have to separate the twins, luke goes to tatooine, and leia goes to allderan with padme. (where she must die a few years later) but we don’t need to see it.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 07:03 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yes I would have preferred Anakin to be older when they found him. At least 15. It was just so over the top having a 9 year old pilot defeating the droid army.

But then I'm sure 9 year old Ani and Jar Jar gave the film that kiddy element which made it more of a family movie to bring in the sales.

Oh also I would definetely have someone else writing the damn love story! Or just keep it to a minimum like they did in LOTR.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Lucas can write the story, cause of his vivid imagination, but just someone else should of done the screenplay and script.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 01:51 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Someone did assist him on AOTC. Sure didn't help the love story.

I for one would have like if the CW would have spanned at least two movies. Maybe even three, like the resistance agains the Empire last three movies in the OT.

Second, Anakin's fall would have be much better, better to understand why he choses the Dark Side. Now it's a weird choice by a spoiled brat to get his way. No, we need to understand why the Dark Side is so attractive, no fall based on a lie which is disclosed the minute Anakin turns.

I would have liked Anakin's fall in Episode II. Episode III would then be about the Jedi purge, as OB1's apprentice goes out to 'hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knight'. And OB1 still believing there's good in Anakin which leads to the climactic fight. Which can be a bit more interesting than the one we had. A fight where even OB1 gets tempted to use anger and ultimately allows Anakin to die a horrible death (which gives Ob1 an angle to feel discomforted about his own actions - hence his discomfort talking about Anakin in ANH). That fight would then nicely mirror Luke's fight with Vader, but he decides to choose not to use violence anymore.

And of course, that would make Luke, as I still see the way it should have been, the real Chosen One. He is the one that once he went down the dark path, it would NOT dominate his destiny. All faith in Anakin would have been in vain... lovely.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq

I would have liked Anakin's fall in Episode II. Episode III would then be about the Jedi purge, as OB1's apprentice goes out to 'hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knight'. And OB1 still believing there's good in Anakin which leads to the climactic fight.

That just would have been too cool. And too consistent with the OT. Especially if the twins were born in Episode 2, considering Leia's line too Luke in ROTJ.

Seriously that's one thing I hate about the PT. The inconsistencies. It's also why I think Anakin should have been at least 15 when they found him. Would have been less kiddish as well.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 10:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Someone did assist him on AOTC. Sure didn't help the love story.

I for one would have like if the CW would have spanned at least two movies. Maybe even three, like the resistance agains the Empire last three movies in the OT.

Second, Anakin's fall would have be much better, better to understand why he choses the Dark Side. Now it's a weird choice by a spoiled brat to get his way. No, we need to understand why the Dark Side is so attractive, no fall based on a lie which is disclosed the minute Anakin turns.

I would have liked Anakin's fall in Episode II. Episode III would then be about the Jedi purge, as OB1's apprentice goes out to 'hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knight'. And OB1 still believing there's good in Anakin which leads to the climactic fight. Which can be a bit more interesting than the one we had. A fight where even OB1 gets tempted to use anger and ultimately allows Anakin to die a horrible death (which gives Ob1 an angle to feel discomforted about his own actions - hence his discomfort talking about Anakin in ANH). That fight would then nicely mirror Luke's fight with Vader, but he decides to choose not to use violence anymore.

And of course, that would make Luke, as I still see the way it should have been, the real Chosen One. He is the one that once he went down the dark path, it would NOT dominate his destiny. All faith in Anakin would have been in vain... lovely.

IMO the love story wasn't really needed, they could of had a relationship, anakin bones padme then shortly after that he turns, just because he wants to be more powerful, and NOT to save padme.
He just becomes evil.
on a sidenote i was watching the behind the scenes on the bluray, about the 30 years of empire. and Lucas was saying he brought in a few phsycatrists to discuss about the reveal of Vader being Lukes father and the affect it may have on kids. they said kids who think it's true can accept it and other who can't accept it would just think vader is lying.
This shows that Lucas even then was thinking about kids and the movie and that train of thought did not start with the PT, Ewoks are a sign of that too.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 04:15 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh there's no doubt about that. But his generation of filmmakers was a lot bolder. Look at Spielberg, would he now have included the bitten off leg in Jaws? Or the propellor kill in Raiders? Of course they had a younger audience in mind, but they were a lot less oversensitive to the kiddie minds. And yes, Ewoks are the beginning of Jar Jar...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 01:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Lucas can write the story, cause of his vivid imagination, but just someone else should of done the screenplay and script.
BTW, this is kind of off topic, but is Darth Maul your favourite character in star wars?

Old Post May 6th, 2012 10:24 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I mostly agree with those idea's I think though; in Episode 1, Anakin should also have a brother who appears to disaprove of nakin going away to become a Jedi, just so it'll fit better with what was said in the OT.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2012 08:44 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Have clone wars movies after Episode 2? There's a problem there! There's got to be 3 prequels, because the originals were titled 4 5 & 6, so it needed to be 3 episodes to complete the saga.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 11:06 PM
queeq
Chaos

No no... the clone wars should not have started at the end of Episode Two... but perhaps at the end op EPI or even have started during EPI...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 08:46 AM