KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !

Is Plagueis or Sidious anakin's father !
Started by: Van Hoe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

But that's EU and has no place here.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 07:19 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
original spawn

You must think of the star wars stories as roman legends, a character's most known actions are the events from the films and the rest are litle parts of the legend that may be of a greater action but are not as known.
Or in least lucas wanted to only tell the story of that part of the legend.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 07:31 PM
Click here to Send original spawn a Private Message Find more posts by original spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

GL obviously left it open to interpretation, apparently going with the whole Power of the Myth angle. Anakin could be whatever you want him to be: merely a victim of circumstance or a seed of revenge planted long ago whose destiny had always been with the Sith. I admit the later kinda dampers the meaning of his redemption, though - BUT it could be seen as even the most evil person has a flicker of good inside. Makes you wonder though, how much counseling Palpatine would have to get before he resigned and opened up a soup kitchen.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by original spawn
You must think of the star wars stories as roman legends, a character's most known actions are the events from the films and the rest are litle parts of the legend that may be of a greater action but are not as known.
Or in least lucas wanted to only tell the story of that part of the legend.

There's EU and there's canon. Nu EU in here and we don't debate these rules.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 10:02 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordvesvus

Nearly a decade before his death, the Sith Lord, Darth Plagueis, and his apprentice, Darth Sidious, committed an act that directly violated the nature of the Force. To advance their plan for galactic domination, the two Sith attempted to will a being of their own design into existence, pouring their abhorrent intent into waves through the Force to the countless midi-chlorians that were spread throughout the galaxy. The experiment failed, however, and the midi-chlorians, not willing to obey, not only frustrated Plagueis' attempts, but countered in reprisal, conceiving a child within the slave Shmi Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 12:26 PM
Click here to Send lordvesvus a Private Message Find more posts by lordvesvus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

With some luck Lucas will edit the movies next to say "the Sith totally made Skywalker", now that might piss off fans for a change stick out tongue

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 20th, 2012 09:12 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lordvesvus
Nearly a decade before his death, the Sith Lord, Darth Plagueis, and his apprentice, Darth Sidious, committed an act that directly violated the nature of the Force.

sounds sexy

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2012 02:14 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sounds EU.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 07:45 AM
Darth Luminous
kusemono

Anakin could be whatever you want him to be: merely a victim of circumstance or a seed of revenge planted long ago whose destiny had always been with the Sith. I admit the later kinda dampers the meaning of his redemption, though - BUT it could be seen as even the most evil person has a flicker of good inside.

Anakin being created by the Sith wouldn't automatically make him "the most evil person", any more so than the alternative, and it wouldn't force his destiny to be one way or the other.

Originally posted by lordvesvus
Nearly a decade before his death, the Sith Lord, Darth Plagueis, and his apprentice, Darth Sidious, committed an act that directly violated the nature of the Force. To advance their plan for galactic domination, the two Sith attempted to will a being of their own design into existence, pouring their abhorrent intent into waves through the Force to the countless midi-chlorians that were spread throughout the galaxy. The experiment failed, however, and the midi-chlorians, not willing to obey, not only frustrated Plagueis' attempts, but countered in reprisal, conceiving a child within the slave Shmi Skywalker.

It probably went something like this:

PLAGUEIS: Force, I command thee! By my command, bring a highly Force-sensitive being into existence!

FORCE: No, I don't think so.

PLAGUEIS: Eh?

FORCE: I hereby thwart your aims! I refuse to bring a highly Force-sensitive being into existence! You FAIL! In fact, I shall slap at thee in retaliation! I shall retaliate by...

PLAGUEIS: Yes?

FORCE: ...by bringing a highly Force-sensitive being into existence!!! Mwahahahahaaa!

PLAGUEIS: ...

FORCE ( to self ): I sure showed him.

Last edited by Darth Luminous on Oct 5th, 2012 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 05:43 PM