KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Cast Thread of EP VII

The Cast Thread of EP VII
Started by: Slowpoke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

The Cast Thread of EP VII

Tell us the era/story you want to see as the plot of EP VII then give the cast.

Great Sith War

Ulic Qel-Droma: Cannot find a good one yet, maybe someone new.

Exar Kun: Jude Law

Nomi Sunstrider: Kate Beckinsale

Cay Qel-Droma: Chris Evans

Aleema Keto: January Jones

Satal Keto:Tom Hiddleston

Master Arca: Ian McKellen

Freedon Nadd: Ralph Fiennes

Queen Amanoa:Helena Bonham Carter

King Ommin: Anthony Hopkins

KOTOR 2

The Exiled: Mia Wasikowska

Atris: Diane Kruger

Darth Sion: Tom Hanks

Darth Nihilus: Ralph Fiennes

Darth Traya: Cate Blanchett

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

eh...naaa.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Nov 1st, 2012 12:50 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space Opera

Wow... just.... wow.... NO. Sadly it's people like you who populate Hollywood and constantly ruin shit.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 10:57 AM
Click here to Send Space Opera a Private Message Find more posts by Space Opera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Cast Thread of EP VII

no. this cant be serious.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Tom Hanks

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 01:05 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

SO the original has Cushing and Guiness....aside from that it was new talent that would then be identified with that role afterwards.
Ford to everyone was Han Solo (at the time)... Fisher was Leia.. Skywalker was played by the relatively unknown Hamill.. they became synonymous and primarily associated with their SW roles..
(Ford was unique being able to be Indy and Deckard too, but when you see Carrie Fisher in The Blues Brothers she is 'Leia cameoing' to an extent in the mind of the viewer....)

But with maximum respect to Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman: They were Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman playing characters and we were aware of it.. They were long established and known actors and the feeling of watching actors from our galaxy kinda took away from the "A galaxy far far away" thing that made the original such a believable 'escape to another galaxy' experience.

To cast the newer films with A, B or whatever list known celebs would just make these matters worse.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 01:58 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
SO the original has Cushing and Guiness....aside from that it was new talent that would then be identified with that role afterwards.
Ford to everyone was Han Solo (at the time)... Fisher was Leia.. Skywalker was played by the relatively unknown Hamill.. they became synonymous and primarily associated with their SW roles..
(Ford was unique being able to be Indy and Deckard too, but when you see Carrie Fisher in The Blues Brothers she is 'Leia cameoing' to an extent in the mind of the viewer....)

But with maximum respect to Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman: They were Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman playing characters and we were aware of it.. They were long established and known actors and the feeling of watching actors from our galaxy kinda took away from the "A galaxy far far away" thing that made the original such a believable 'escape to another galaxy' experience.

To cast the newer films with A, B or whatever list known celebs would just make these matters worse.

No, Ewan was far from well known outside of Britain when he was chosen to portray Obi Wan in TPM, most of his famous works came after TPM. And Natalie Portman was only 15 or 16 when she played Padme in TPM, the only famous work before that was Leon, she was a little girl.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2012 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Re: Re: The Cast Thread of EP VII

Originally posted by focus4chumps
no. this cant be serious.

(please log in to view the image)

Yeah, I want to see him play a zombie like Sith Lord. big grin

Old Post Nov 5th, 2012 08:42 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

...tom hanks no expression

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 03:25 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No, Ewan was far from well known outside of Britain when he was chosen to portray Obi Wan in TPM, most of his famous works came after TPM. And Natalie Portman was only 15 or 16 when she played Padme in TPM, the only famous work before that was Leon, she was a little girl.
Trainspotting for Ewan? And Leon or Mars Attacks for Portman... who was 17-18?

EDIT: Also... Jude Law in Star Wars? That'd be a bigger miscast than... Samuel Jackson in Star Wars. Chris Evans? January Jones? Tom Hiddleton? A bunch of OK actors from the comic movies? Ugh, no. Round up a cast of unknowns and newcomers. It'll feel less like a Hollywood jerk off session that way.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Nov 6th, 2012 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

not to mention leon: the professional which was huge.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:18 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

not to mention leon: the professional which was huge.
I-I said that...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i-i missed it. th-thanks f-for p-p-p-pointing it out.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:25 AM
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Trainspotting for Ewan? And Leon or Mars Attacks for Portman... who was 17-18?

EDIT: Also... Jude Law in Star Wars? That'd be a bigger miscast than... Samuel Jackson in Star Wars. Chris Evans? January Jones? Tom Hiddleton? A bunch of OK actors from the comic movies? Ugh, no. Round up a cast of unknowns and newcomers. It'll feel less like a Hollywood jerk off session that way.

Oh one good movie-long established role? And that's nothing compare to Alec before SW. Also Ewan's Obi Wan's performance is good overall. Most of the fans didn't have too much problem with it.

Natile was 17 when she shot TPM, she had a role in Mars Attacks but it was not big, she was only 12 or 13 when she shot Leon.

Actually people were mostly attacking the newest face in the prequel-Hayden rather than these stars.

LotR also had many well known actors but we don't have a problem with it because they fit the role well.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:27 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok but portman and mcgregor were factually world famous.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:28 AM
Slowpoke

ok but portman and mcgregor were factually world famous.

Ewan is not really well-known, 1 high-gross movie is not enough.

Natile is mostly well known for Leon, which she was only 13 at most.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:32 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No one really "acted" in TPM, they just kind of... talked. And the hate for Hayden I never understood. Out of all the emotionless, bland characters on screen, his was the least so IMO. He looked like he was trying to do something with the crap Lucas gave him. Lol I always love watching McGregor's performance in RotS--he just looks like he said "f*ck it" and went with whatever.

LotR also had many well known actors but we don't have a problem with it because they fit the role well.
That was also a sword and sorcery fantasy epic, a different style altogether than Star Wars.

i-i missed it. th-thanks f-for p-p-p-pointing it out.
Don't mock my sssss-t-t-t-t-tuttering.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:32 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ewan is not really well-known, 1 high-gross movie is not enough.

that THAT al pacino!

Natile is mostly well known for Leon, which she was only 13 at most.

i still dont get what this is supposed to prove.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:37 AM
Slowpoke

Because the prequel Anakin was way too different than OT's Vader and the story indeed had some problem, EP III is mostly good except Hayden's voice is a bit..well, naive as Darth Vader, they really should use the novel's dialog.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:37 AM
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

That was also a sword and sorcery fantasy epic, a different style altogether than Star Wars.

I don't get it, a fantasy epic is fine with stars but SW must use new faces?

Mark, Carrie and Harrison succeeded not because they were new, but the movie was well done and the role fit them well.

Last edited by Slowpoke on Nov 6th, 2012 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:38 AM
Slowpoke

that THAT al pacino!

i still dont get what this is supposed to prove.

You compare God Father with Trainspotting?

Sure they got some well-known movies but they were far from big star and their performance in the prequel is overall ok.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2012 04:42 AM