KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin/Vadar get such a bad deal in Star Wars

Anakin/Vadar get such a bad deal in Star Wars
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin/Vadar get such a bad deal in Star Wars

I feel sad about all this.

Qui Gon finds the chosen one and puts all his faith into him, then Obiwon as well only to be turned to the dark side cause the Emperor tricked him into thinking he could save Padme from death, but it was his original premonitions of the future that paved his way to becoming the Emperors puppet.

Yea yoda told him to be careful, but wouldn't you do anything to save the one you love? Palpatine knew and saw his future as well knowing there was no way to save Padme cause she died from a broken heart and lost the will to live.

Palpatine tricked him into thinking she was going to die outside of him turning to the dark side. Palpatine knew that he could not defeat Anakin so tricked him into becoming his slave

In the end, he loses half his body, loses his wife and kids. Cuts his owns sons hand off doing the Emperors bullshit will.

Everyone looks and things vader is so evil when he really was not, he was tricked into turning to the dark side, he never could use foce lighting I believe cause there was still good in him, never learned how to save his loved one and was the emperors tool the whole saga.

The only good thing that ever happened was in the end he saves his son Luke and kills the Emperor only to die from his exposure to the lightning.

In the end when Anakin shows up with Yoda and Obi Wan makes me happy, but that scene lasts for like 5 seconds.

I hope with the new movies something good will come of Anakin becoming part of the force and he is then able to tell Luke or whoever about both sides of the force.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I hope the new movies never so much as mention anything from the prequels, and just pretend they didn't happen. Vader was seduced by the Dark Side... end of story. Now he's gone and let him stay in the OT.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 02:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

yeah, your right. They shouldn't touch anything remotely to change the EP I-VI story line. If they do, then they should need George Lucas permission

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 02:27 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

F*ck George's permission. Touch nothing of the original trilogy and ignore the prequels. Focus on something new without relying on past material.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

hayden ghost = fail

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 03:38 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
F*ck George's permission. Touch nothing of the original trilogy and ignore the prequels. Focus on something new without relying on past material.

True that.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 04:27 AM
Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

wow, I don't think the prequels are that bad. But, apparently thats just my opinion

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 06:37 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How a about a time machine so Luke's son can prevent Anakin from turning? wink

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 09:58 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Re: Anakin/Vadar get such a bad deal in Star Wars

Originally posted by Supra
Yea yoda told him to be careful, but wouldn't you do anything to save the one you love?

'Anything' as in 'slaughter all my associates and bunches of children and then go on a genocidal rampage'?

If so, then no.

Of course, you can reject GL's philosophy on this, but the idea he puts forward in the film is that Anakin's problem was attachment. His love for Padme was possessive and dangerous and that's what led him to evil. It's basically about selfishness.

From that basis, you can have sympathy for Anakin's situation, but it doesn't excuse what he did.

GL also advances the idea that if someone you like is dying, you need to learn to let them go. I am pretty sure a LOT of people don't agree with that, but it is internally consistent to the story.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 01:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agree. But then, Anakin's response is rather extreme, so he must be a kind of psycho as well. wink

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 12:21 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, that too. He was just nuts.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 01:10 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2013 02:44 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

sad

Old Post Jan 27th, 2013 02:58 AM
queeq
Chaos

Don't act so surprised. He seriously got some loose wires, this guy.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 08:31 AM
Kickballjedi

Re: Re: Anakin/Vadar get such a bad deal in Star Wars

Originally posted by Ushgarak
'Anything' as in 'slaughter all my associates and bunches of children and then go on a genocidal rampage'?

GL does a good job setting up this genocidal rampage. We learn in AotC that Anakin sees anybody who gets in way as animals-
" I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals"

It's odd too because in the novel of TPM, Anakin befriends and saves a Sand Person, so GL is definitely trying to make a point that Anakin can turn on a dime and attack/kill somebody who he has shown friendship/compassion toward previously (including Padme, OB1, younglings). And yes, his is a sad story, but one that could've been avoided with a few more intelligent choices in his life. The bitterness of OB1 "Holding him back", the anger about the death of his Mother, and the greed of wanting to be more powerful in the Jedi Order lead him down a path he didn't have to travel. Palpatine senses his weakness right away and uses it against him.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Re: Re: Anakin/Vadar get such a bad deal in Star Wars

Originally posted by Kickballjedi
GL does a good job setting up this genocidal rampage. We learn in AotC that Anakin sees anybody who gets in way as animals-
" I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals"

It's odd too because in the novel of TPM, Anakin befriends and saves a Sand Person, so GL is definitely trying to make a point
Lucas didn't write any of the prequel novels. He didn't even write ESB or RotJ, only ANH.

And Anakin's isn't a sad story. To be "sad" it has to have a sympathetic character that has horrible things befall him. Anakin is portrayed from the get-go as rude, disrespectful, arrogant, aggressive, violent, angry, psychopathic, and remorselessly homicidal. Everything bad that happens to him is deserved and satisfying. And everything bad that happens because of him is no surprise at all.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 02:42 PM
Kickballjedi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anakin/Vadar get such a bad deal in Star Wars

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Lucas didn't write any of the prequel novels. He didn't even write ESB or RotJ, only ANH. [/QUOTE]

True, I own several. But I heard he overlooked them or at least they were written as novelizations of the movie screenplay, so it's possible the sand person scene was shot but edited. Either way, it wouldn't have been included in the book without GLs knowledge.

And Anakin's isn't a sad story. To be "sad" it has to have a sympathetic character that has horrible things befall him. Anakin is portrayed from the get-go as rude, disrespectful, arrogant, aggressive, violent, angry, psychopathic, and remorselessly homicidal. Everything bad that happens to him is deserved and satisfying. And everything bad that happens because of him is no surprise at all.

I think humans in our society are very emotional and forgiving beings. I consider any killer or maniac a sad case because each person is born with the potential to become a good, productive member of society. To see a life wasted is sad.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Which is all well and good for real people. But a movie character like him needs to be presented with a redeeming quality--and he has nothing of the sort. I'm not going to imagine those characteristics in Anakin simply to excuse the movie not having them. Anakin Skywalker was a horrible person and deserved nothing but pain and punishment. Which is what he got, so I guess the film delivered in that way.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 05:18 PM