KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?
Started by: PhoenixSam5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PhoenixSam5

What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

http://www.theforcebook.com/article...-became-Emperor

Just check out that article and read it.

I'm not sure if the pre suit ROTS Vader would have kept the death star in his empire or not, due to his dislike of the death star in ANH. But here's what I do know.

Anakin/Vader, as early as ROTS, was planning on killing Palpatine and taking over the galaxy for himself. He wanted to rule the galaxy in a dictatorship with his family, Padme in ROTS, and Luke in TESB

Palpatine was already on his way to rescue Vader because he sensed through the force that he was in danger. Just like in the ROTS video game alternate ending, if Anakin killed Obi Wan, the Emperor would arrive to greet a non burned, normal human looking Vader.

I don't think Anakin would have killed Palpatine right away, as he did in the ROTS alternate ending. He would have kept him alive with the power to save Padme.

Palpatine didn't learn Plageuis's power for immortality, so it's very possible that it was just a scam and that he'd let Padme die anyways, as that was just to bait/lure Anakin into the darkside.

In the plageuis novel there was a wierd midichlorian science experiment for saving people.

I think Padme would have died from a broken heart with an evil Anakin anyways.

I think he would have taken baby Luke and Leia and he would have killed the Emperor at a certain point later on, and he would forced luke and leia to fight to the death so that only one of them could live to be his new sith apprentice.

Just type in Emperor Vader in google. It shows the old middle aged OT Vader, but never burnt, and the Galactic Emperor..

Imagine the Hayden Version of Vader blowing up alderaan in ANH with the death star!

Vader killing Kenobi and becoming Emperor Vader in ROTS would have been worser off for the galaxy in the long run, with his kids being brainwashed and not being able to redeem him.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...gNYisrAfGxoDABg

Awesome drawings of Darth Vader had he never been burnt on Mustafar.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 02:26 AM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PhoenixSam5

I'm not sure if the pre suit ROTS Vader would have kept the death star in his empire or not, due to his dislike of the death star in ANH. But here's what I do know.

wrong. there was nothing to indicate that at all. he berated the senior officers' blind hubris in regard to the deathstar.

as for the rest its coming off as fanfic.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:49 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Re: Re: What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

Originally posted by focus4chumps
wrong. there was nothing to indicate that at all. he berated the senior officers' blind hubris in regard to the deathstar.

as for the rest its coming off as fanfic.

Would Emperor Vader have kept the death star or not? Interesting!

The death star was being built 3 years after TPM, it was being built seven years before AOTC and it was being built all throughout AOTC and ROTS. If you see the end of ROTS, with Anakin, Tarkin, and Sidious hanging out watching the death star being built. There was also a prototype death star being built in the Maw.

It was perfectly available for the young Vader to build. And hey, I love the idea of Emperor Vader in ANH without the suit (looking like a middle aged hayden christnesen in some kinda emperor suit like the fanart shows) destroying alderaan with the death star.

Vader may not have loved the death star as he loved the Force, but it was still a very useful tool. Does his ANH rant about the Force being more powerful than the DS mean that he wanted to get rid of tie fighters, star destroyers, etc, just because they weren't as powerful as the death star?

I say no.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:01 AM
Click here to Send PhoenixSam5 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixSam5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

Does his ANH rant about the Force being more powerful than the DS mean that he wanted to get rid of tie fighters, star destroyers, etc, just because they weren't as powerful as the death star?

I say no.

he said specifically "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force".

there is nothing there relating to anything which you are suggesting (keep deathstar, trash fleet...???)

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:26 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

Re: Re: Re: Re: What if Anakin killed Obi Wan on Mustafar?

he said specifically "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force".

there is no suggestion there that anything which you are suggesting may be applied or implied. (keep deathstar, trash fleet...???)

The death star was a very useful tool.

And Anakin/Vader was no idiot; he was smart and cunning.

Nothing in that scene said that he wanted to trash the death star, you can keep a useful tool even you think it's overrated.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:28 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know that. im saying its a non-issue which you just fabricated and then disagreed with in the same paragraph. i found it especially odd.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:37 AM
PhoenixSam5

i know that. im saying its a non-issue which you just fabricated and then disagreed with in the same paragraph. i found it especially odd.

Please elaborate more. I still don't get what you mean by this, exactly.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:39 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

and there's this:

quote:
Does his ANH rant about the Force being more powerful than the DS mean that he wanted to get rid of tie fighters, star destroyers, etc, just because they weren't as powerful as the death star?

blink

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:48 AM
PhoenixSam5

and there's this:

blink

Vader wouldn't have trashed the death star.

Agree or disagree?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:50 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

neither. its a non-issue rooted in your own misinterpretation of vader's dialogue.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:52 AM
PhoenixSam5

neither. its a non-issue rooted in your own misinterpretation of vader's dialogue.

Please correct my misenterpertation of Vader's dialogue for me.

I hate plot holes, and I want/need a more intelligent fan to figure them out for me! sad sad sad embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 04:56 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

I think he would have taken baby Luke and Leia and he would have killed the Emperor at a certain point later on, and he would forced luke and leia to fight to the death so that only one of them could live to be his new sith apprentice.

I think this is retarded. Why would he force Luke/Leia to fight to the death? His whole issue is loosing the woman he loves so I don't think making his children fight to the death would really be something he would want. Them perhaps having a rivalry that makes them bitter enemies in the pursuit of their fathers approval/affection and the right to be his right hand and successor seems more likely. 'the rule of two' is enforced to keep the number of rivals to a minimum and I doubt despite training them in the ways of the force/sith he wouldn't subject them to such a pointless death. More so given he wasn't trained as sith ...at all really.. He is a Jedi who had given in to the dark side but all that 'their can only be two' crap was all the emperor.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:05 AM
Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah he'd more likely smother and suffocate them with protection. If Anakin had held on to Luke and Leia he wouldn't have become the Vader that we're familiar with.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:59 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

No matter what...good or bad...Vader was always a family man

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 09:55 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yup. Even in ESB, at the height of his power, he's willing to go up against the emperor so he and Luke can spend time together.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 09:57 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please correct my misenterpertation of Vader's dialogue for me.

I hate plot holes, and I want/need a more intelligent fan to figure them out for me! sad sad sad embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

laying it on a bit thick there?

the message was "beware the jedi", not "these toys are alll useless"

he was simply stressing that an enemy who is strong with the force could potentially take down any imperial weapon. he was not appraising or diminishing the tactical value of the death star nor any star destroyers nor the least tie fighter.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 01:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

There's a book already written on the subject; it covers all the questions you posed and then some.

(please log in to view the image)

It's good; I own a copy myself. Cost around 10.00 USD.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 1st, 2013 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If Anakin killed Obi-Wan? This (5:23):

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixSam5

laying it on a bit thick there?

the message was "beware the jedi", not "these toys are alll useless"

he was simply stressing that an enemy who is strong with the force could potentially take down any imperial weapon. he was not appraising or diminishing the tactical value of the death star nor any star destroyers nor the least tie fighter.

Here's where i got the misconception that Emperor Vader wouldn't have kept the death star.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...peror.50004690/

If you read the comments below, the TFN users keep saying that Vader didn't believe in using the death star.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 08:10 PM
PhoenixSam5

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
If Anakin killed Obi-Wan? This (5:23):

It would have played out the same. A non-burned Anakin/Vader greets the Emperor with the clonetroopers as they arrive and get off of Palpatine's ship.

However, I don't think

A-the Emperor had a new red lightsaber on him at the time that he arrived on Mustafar, would the ROTS Emperor Vader have gotten a red lightsaber eventually? Hopefully.

B-Vader would have killed the Emperor right there at the scene, for two reasons. A-because there were all of those clones right there that would have shot him if he did that right away, and B-he would have at least kept him alive for some time to try to save Padme from death with Plageuis's darkside power.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 08:16 PM