KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars: To Catch a Jedi episode(spoilers)

Clone Wars: To Catch a Jedi episode(spoilers)
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Clone Wars: To Catch a Jedi episode(spoilers)

Todays episode was pretty interesting. Ahsoka encounters Asagi Ventress while on the run on the streets of Coruscant. Asagi subdues Ahsoka and while on the way to collect the bounty on Ahsoka she assures Ventress that if she helps her prove she is innocent she will in return plea to the council to give Ventress a pardon for her war crimes, Ventress accepts. Ashoka then contacts Barriss Offee who gives her a location to follow up on some clues. Ventress takes Ahsoka to the location and they split ways after Ventress reminds her of their deal. Ventress is then attacked by a mystery person who does have the ability to use the force and during the battle Ventress is kayoed and the dark Jedi takes Ventresses mask and lightsabers and then goes to attack Ahsoka. Ahsoka actually thinks that Ventress double crossed her because of the mask and lightsabers the dark Jedi stole from Ventress. During the battle an explosion is caused which alerts the clone troopers. The dark jedi flees and Ahsoka is hit with a stun gun and rendered unconcious. The clones then notice they were in a warehouse full of the nanodroids that Ahsoka was accused of using in the death of Letta. The clones and Anakin then take Ahsoka to the council for questioning at shows end.

Now for some theories on who the jedi traitor is. I think it's none other than Bariss Offee. Simply because she new where Ahsoka and Ventress were going and the dark figure that sneak attacked Ventress was small in stature similar to Barriss and Ahsoka. What do you guys think?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 04:10 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

After being disappointed by CW up through season 4 to the point that I lost interest, I recently got back in to it and caught up on the episodes last week. Season 5 has been a very pleasant surprise, and possibly my favourite season so far.

This episode was yet another reason why. And yeah, if it's Barriss, that would make things very, very interesting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2013 04:15 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I really don't know. Here are few thoughts that make me doubt:

1. The next episode's preview has shown us Skywalker hunting down Ventress and Ahsoka in court. If you assume each of those scenes take about 3-4 minutes, there is no way that there is enough time left in an episode of 22 minutes to explain Barriss' actions and her motivation. She has been clearly characterized as the ideal padawan, so her fall would need to be extremely motivated. Aside from the anti-war message, I also can't see why she would decide to blame one of her closest friends instead of a random other Jedi.

2. This might be a less valid point due to what sometimes is called 'clone wars logic', but Ahsoka really got her Togruta behind kicked by the assailant. From what we've seen in season 2, Ahsoka's and Barriss' skills are about even (as far as I can tell). I'm also curious as to how a padawan (as far as I can tell, she still is one) could circumvent all the prison security and choke a person in another padawan's presence without the latter sensing the former's presence.

3. Other possible suspects have come to my mind, such as Aurra Sing:
- She has a major grudge against Ahsoka.
- Her build (although not in height, according to several sources) is similar to that of Barriss' build.
- She is force sensitive (although it has never been shown on TCW, if I'm not mistaken, so that would make her lack the proper light saber skill).

4. I somehow get the idea that the whole point of Ahsoka being set up and falsely accused is a mechanism to increase Anakin's growing distrust of the Jedi Council. It's a long shot, but if it's true, there can be only one responsible: Palpatine.

So overall, everything seems to point towards Barriss, but this show has been growing in intruiges and complexity, so it just seems to be too obvious for me. I also don't get how Letta would be so scared of Barriss - who is just a padawan - and think that Ahsoka is the only Jedi who can protect her from Barris... But ofcourse, this show isn't a stranger to plot holes, so I might be overthinking the whole plot and giving the writers too much credit. For all we know, it might even be a totally new character that will be explored in season 6...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mig17

Something is tickling me before the last episode.

Of course, the "bad guy" is Baris and the real question now is why? Not her intentions, but why attacking the temple, framing her friend in the process and why Tarkin and behind him of course Palatine seems to be involved.

But that's not what is troubling me now: we all remember the picture add of season 5 "who will fall". On this picture were Vizla, Galia, Hondo, Maul, Rex, Savage, Ahsoka, Embo, Satine and Ventress.
Vizla, Galia, Savage and Satine are dead. Hondo was in danger several times but made it, Maul was overpowered by Palapatine but keeped alive, Ahsoka and Ventress are still standing in this last arc and Embo has faced danger once in the season but "his" arc as been pushed to season 6. That left us with Rex...

In season 5, Rex who is on the picture has not been in a life threatening situation once. So my point is, was he on the add just to promote the show or is there something unexpected going to happened in the season finale.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 08:19 PM
Click here to Send mig17 a Private Message Find more posts by mig17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hybris

2. This might be a less valid point due to what sometimes is called 'clone wars logic', but Ahsoka really got her Togruta behind kicked by the assailant. From what we've seen in season 2, Ahsoka's and Barriss' skills are about even (as far as I can tell). I'm also curious as to how a padawan (as far as I can tell, she still is one) could circumvent all the prison security and choke a person in another padawan's presence without the latter sensing the former's presence.

Well embracing the Dark Side would likely make her more powerful and might change her presence in the Force too.

3. Other possible suspects have come to my mind, such as Aurra Sing:

It will likely be a Jedi.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think making it seem like Barriss is just leading us on so that they can pull a switch and surprise us.

Early reviews of the episode so it's heart-wrenching, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 11:11 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So Tim Curry is Palpatine now, and his first appearance is in this week's episode:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan..._b_2776241.html

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 10:32 AM
Darth Thor

I was hoping for Ian McDiarmid.. Episode looks like it will be great.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 12:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Such a good episode, but damn.

I hope they rectify this.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 04:19 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Rectify what exactly?

And yes this show is getting better.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 10:04 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Barriss was going on to Ahsoka about how perhaps Force users should really give into their emotions, etc. Might be as simple as her not agreeing with the war, something that was said more than once in the last two episodes.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Rectify what exactly?

And yes this show is getting better.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ahsoka leaving the order. I want her back.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 04:07 AM
ares834

Doubt it will happen. Her leaving the order is one of the cleanest ways to get rid of her.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 04:12 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by -Pr-
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ahsoka leaving the order. I want her back.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You do realize that if she comes back to the order she has to be killed off later on, right? This way she can just take off and go into hiding easily.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 07:27 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Barriss was going on to Ahsoka about how perhaps Force users should really give into their emotions, etc. Might be as simple as her not agreeing with the war, something that was said more than once in the last two episodes.

Winn4r! Looks like Ahsoka's done as well. This season has been much better than the others, and has done a good job in helping to see how Anakin began to really give into his emotions and how he could begin to turn against the Jedi order.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Didn't like the season finale. Shows the Jedi as lapdogs to the Senate (the very opposite of what Sidious claims they are in ROTS)...

Not a single explanation of how Barriss managed to pull it all off, a cheesy speech and a pointless lightsaber duel. I don't see how this is improvement.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by LanceWindu
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You do realize that if she comes back to the order she has to be killed off later on, right? This way she can just take off and go into hiding easily.

Yes. That's why [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I want her to come back. One, because I like her, and two, she's the perfect vehicle to show Anakin losing faith in the Jedi Order.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 03:52 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I really like Asajj Ventress now that she's not some cackling supervillain.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 04:32 AM
Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Didn't like the season finale. Shows the Jedi as lapdogs to the Senate (the very opposite of what Sidious claims they are in ROTS)...

Not a single explanation of how Barriss managed to pull it all off, a cheesy speech and a pointless lightsaber duel. I don't see how this is improvement.

Sidious claims whatever suits his long-term goals, no?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 04:57 AM
LanceWindu

Also to note. This is Tim Curry's first episode in the role of Palpatine. Taking over for the late Ian Abercrombie.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2013 07:47 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote