KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How does Palpatine get around unnoticed?

How does Palpatine get around unnoticed?
Started by: Mglis_23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mglis_23

How does Palpatine get around unnoticed?

So in Episode II, Palpatine flies out to the outskirts of the city to meet Dooku. In Episode III there is a pitched lightsaber battle in his office and glass shattering and someone being thrown out AND he is horribly disfigured afterwards.

My question is, does Palpatine have the worst security in the galaxy or is it just me? I mean, if a world leader showed up to work the next day horribly disfigured, wouldnt someone on their staff be like WTF what happened? How does Palpatine get around and do all these secret meetings without anyone being the wiser?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 11:47 AM
Click here to Send Mglis_23 a Private Message Find more posts by Mglis_23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The disfigurement was directly followed by Order 66 being enacted and him becoming Emperor Palpatine. Nobody had any say in the matter and he clearly came out as Sith Emperor so that didn't really matter.

And I'm pretty sure his inner circle knew his true identity, which is why he didn't need much security. He was well loved by the population, and had no need to be defended since he was one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 12:02 PM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mglis_23

Makes sense to me. smile

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Mglis_23 a Private Message Find more posts by Mglis_23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wrinkles make one a mass murderer.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2013 02:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: How does Palpatine get around unnoticed?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mglis_23
So in Episode II, Palpatine flies out to the outskirts of the city to meet Dooku. In Episode III there is a pitched lightsaber battle in his office and glass shattering and someone being thrown out AND he is horribly disfigured afterwards.

My question is, does Palpatine have the worst security in the galaxy or is it just me? I mean, if a world leader showed up to work the next day horribly disfigured, wouldnt someone on their staff be like WTF what happened? How does Palpatine get around and do all these secret meetings without anyone being the wiser?
Yeah, you know it's almost as if these movies... don't make any sense.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Just the way he got around unnoticed when he was a senator. And he was a sith lord before the event of episode 1.

He seems to know how to hide his being apart of the dark side amongst people so well that not even yoda could sense it.

I remember reading a story on how he would visit or hang around the jedi temple with a young darth maul, hiding in plain sight, secretly scheming and observing the jedi and their ways with everyone always being none the wiser ..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2013 02:20 PM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Sidious is a grandmaster at hiding his presence from even the likes of Yoda and Windu. And as was said, his inner circle already knew his true identity.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which was only Maul, small circle. wink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2013 07:49 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

quote:
I mean, if a world leader showed up to work the next day horribly disfigured, wouldnt someone on their staff be like WTF what happened?

This is explained in the Senate scene in ROTS. He explains his disfigurement as the result of the Jedi attack. Which is not really true but is kind of true in a way, given that the revelation of his disfigurement was prompted by Mace and the posse.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Darth Luminous
This is explained in the Senate scene in ROTS. He explains his disfigurement as the result of the Jedi attack. Which is not really true but is kind of true in a way, given that the revelation of his disfigurement was prompted by Mace and the posse.

Yeah. With Order 66, the Jedi were not exactly focused on contradicting Sidious.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

They were more focused on dying. Give 'em props, it's not an easy subject to be attentive to.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2013 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by queeq
Which was only Maul, small circle. wink

I think Mas Amedda knew as well.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 13th, 2013 12:53 AM