KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Fight with Palpatine

Fight with Palpatine
Started by: ROTJ Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fight with Palpatine

Okay so this has always buged me how easy Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar died against Palpatine. I mean there supposed to be these awesome elite Jedi and some of the strongest ever and great blade wielders but Sidious kills them in 3seconds. They should have made a awesome fight between the 4 Jedi and Sidious and made it super bloody and close.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 11:09 PM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

are you suggesting that the PT sucked?

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 11:23 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's almost as if the movie... didn't make much sense.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by focus4chumps
are you suggesting that the PT sucked?

No. Just I think the fight could have been done better IMO.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 01:53 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
No. Just I think the fight could have been done better IMO.
Because the PT doesn't suck. Never, EVER think that. It's just... it's just not true.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Couldn't Sid move faster than the eye can see? if so, then he'd just blitzed kolar and tiin, giving fisto just enough time to react, before dying a few seconds later

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:31 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Couldn't Sid move faster than the eye can see? if so, then he'd just blitzed kolar and tiin, giving fisto just enough time to react, before dying a few seconds later
Kolar was looking the other way for some reason,so it wouldn't take much skill to kill that twerp. And I could follow Sidious no problem.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:36 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

my interpretation is that I saw sid from his point of view, being the reason kolar and tiin looked like they were standing there like retards

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:43 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Although this is my opinion, and in no way am stating it as fact

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:44 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It'd be great if the film communicated that shift in perspective. Efficiency>creativity, I guess.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 02:44 AM
Kickballjedi

Re: Fight with Palpatine

Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Okay so this has always buged me how easy Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar died against Palpatine. I mean there supposed to be these awesome elite Jedi and some of the strongest ever and great blade wielders but Sidious kills them in 3seconds. They should have made a awesome fight between the 4 Jedi and Sidious and made it super bloody and close.

Ha, some of these answers are great. Maybe they just needed a way to kill off 3 more Jedi and didn't want to show them killed during Order 66. Think of all the CGI building time and money they saved by having them cut down in 5 seconds by Sidius.

Before answering this I watched the fight on Youtube. Damn Mace kicked Sidius' butt. Sidius threw everything at him too, swordplay, dancing and flipping like Yoda, and force lightning and still Mace handled him without breaking a sweat.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

well thats the real problem. considering all of them were masters as well as council members...the "crem de la crem" if you will....it seems from what we saw that every jedi besides anakin, mace, obiwan and yoda were completely ineffectual weaklings.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Aug 19th, 2013 05:47 PM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I thought it was sweet how fast he killed those Jedi. It's palpatine. Hes supposed to be super powerful. Who cares about those weak Jedi as there not important in the films. Probably just EU people who were upset

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 05:33 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediRobin23
I thought it was sweet how fast he killed those Jedi. It's palpatine. Hes supposed to be super powerful. Who cares about those weak Jedi as there not important in the films. Probably just EU people who were upset
Way to horribly miss the point.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 08:16 AM
harri
I may be a geek

It was clearly just a way to empower Palpatine who had previously been acting like a pussy for the whole time. I personally thought it really worked as it demonstrated the immense power of Palpatine, and provided a gritty feel to the film as good guys like Fisto etc got owened in a matter of seconds. I think it made sense personally.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 02:31 PM
Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

*owned

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 02:32 PM
Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by harri
It was clearly just a way to empower Palpatine who had previously been acting like a pussy for the whole time. I personally thought it really worked as it demonstrated the immense power of Palpatine, and provided a gritty feel to the film as good guys like Fisto etc got owened in a matter of seconds. I think it made sense personally.

Yep. Agreed. Although Palpatine was only biding his time until he was unleashed

Old Post Aug 25th, 2013 11:23 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It only works if the greatness of those three masters had been established previously. Without turning to the novels, we don't know what Kolar, Tiin, or Fisto are capable of. We don't know how powerful they are or how skilled with a saber. Are they as great as Mace or Kenobi, or as shitty as Coleman Trebor? We don't know, the films never even give these three any dialogue, or mention their names, nevermind showcase what they can do. Palpatine cutting down these three total nobodies is just as impressive as him cutting down three crippled Younglings.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2013 03:58 AM
Doctorwho?
The Doctor

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It only works if the greatness of those three masters had been established previously. Without turning to the novels, we don't know what Kolar, Tiin, or Fisto are capable of. We don't know how powerful they are or how skilled with a saber. Are they as great as Mace or Kenobi, or as shitty as Coleman Trebor? We don't know, the films never even give these three any dialogue, or mention their names, nevermind showcase what they can do. Palpatine cutting down these three total nobodies is just as impressive as him cutting down three crippled Younglings.

I like how you think :P

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Doctorwho? a Private Message Find more posts by Doctorwho? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

I think we can all agree the scene old have been better ... much better.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2013 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote