KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » If you were in charge.......

If you were in charge.......
Started by: 003

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KyleAP

I wouldn't change a thing about the original trilogy we got (Unaltered, before special editions). The only exception would be to replace the ewoks in return of the jedi with a technologically limited species that could more believably beat the stormtroopers, and beef up the Return of the Jedi story a just a little more (With regards to story strength and emotional depth)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 08:53 AM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, as iconic as they've become, I inwardly sigh at the Ewoks' existence. Blame the production process, but it's still a silly part of the series. If they had actually gone with Wookiees as first conceived, it'd be much more believable. But I think the Christmas Special helped dash those plans.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2014 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KyleAP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yeah, as iconic as they've become, I inwardly sigh at the Ewoks' existence. Blame the production process, but it's still a silly part of the series. If they had actually gone with Wookiees as first conceived, it'd be much more believable. But I think the Christmas Special helped dash those plans.

I dunno, if wookies had been in it and kicked the shit out of stormtroopers and helped saved the day, it probably would have redeemed them from the holiday Special farce.
It might have had something to do with the fact wookies would have cost more as to why George decided to go for a bunch of teddy bears as the force that defeated "the best troops" of the empire

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 10:21 AM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I never got George's objection to using Wookiees. Just because they'd be a primitive kind of species, why is it impossible for one or two Wookiees that through slavery wound up in a more technological environment and prosper there. It seems like George equals intelligence with a primitive society. It'd be like saying a Masai from a very traditional village can never learn to use a computer. Sometimes George can be a little dense.

So yes, Wookiees would have been much better. And a cuddly wookiee toy would certainly have sold, I am sure of that.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2014 08:24 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Wookies would have been fine. I would have liked more rebels though.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 10:30 PM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And a more convincing version of the Emperor's "entire legion of my best troops".

Old Post May 4th, 2014 09:00 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

A more convincing army of Imperial troops in general. For the newest special edition, I'm thinking they should digitally re-film the entire trilogy using Final Fantasy's CGI. We'll be wowed and creeped out at the same time.

Old Post May 4th, 2014 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errm…. yeah…. okay.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 07:27 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

...We'll be wowed and creeped out at the same time.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

See this is why I should be in charge of more things.

Old Post May 7th, 2014 02:51 AM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe in ten years or so. wink

Old Post May 8th, 2014 07:38 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by queeq
Maybe in ten years or so. wink

Is the world coming to an end is ten years?

Old Post May 8th, 2014 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Luke..... role the dice an another 'unknown actor'!

Leia..... Ellen Page

Han..... Nathan Fillion (would that be weird?), Will Smith (would that require a white Lando? See below...)

Lando..... Jamie Fox, Brad Pitt

Obi Wan..... Liam Neeson (would have to replace him in ep1), Ken Watanabe, Chun Yow Fat, Ian McKellan

Chewie..... Shaq

Tarkin..... John Malkovich

Old Post May 9th, 2014 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

"Princess Leia. You are not, enunciating enough. Tell me, please, where might I find the location of this thing that you call a "base"? Hmm?

Old Post May 10th, 2014 12:22 AM
Ace Hambone

"Princess Leia. You are not, enunciating enough. Tell me, please, where might I find the location of this thing that you call a "base"? Hmm?

laughing

Old Post May 10th, 2014 08:05 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Anthony Hopkins would be an uber Palpatine.

Old Post May 11th, 2014 08:48 AM
Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Is the world coming to an end is ten years?

It will if Lucien gets in charge.

Old Post May 11th, 2014 10:01 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by queeq
It will if Lucien gets in charge.
yes

Neglect, man. Sheer neglect.

Old Post May 12th, 2014 02:33 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well, better shape up then. wink

Old Post May 13th, 2014 09:03 PM
overlold
Supreme Gentleman Member

if I were in charge, they're would be 20 more SW movies on schedule.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 12:16 PM
Click here to Send overlold a Private Message Find more posts by overlold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote