KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Help for Too Many Revan Quotes?

Help for Too Many Revan Quotes?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Help for Too Many Revan Quotes?

I just wasted 2 hours trying to figure out how to organize all of Revan's accolades in my respect thread. Any suggestions, please?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Accolades pertaining to Force power should go at the start of the Force Power section, under the heading "Accolades"

Do the same for dueling, tactics ect. Makes specific accolades easier to find because they are in the relevant section, and there's less to look through.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:44 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I don't have a "Force Power" section. erm Half of the thread is different Force powers.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well... maybe you should just do something like. "Force Power accolades" then "dueling accolades" and so on. Just separate the accolades into different types, however you want to do it. That's what I did with my Ulic thread.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:49 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Uggggh, my OCD is consuming me over the Revan Thread. It has go to big and messy and I don't have enough time this weekend to fix it.
And I expect with the Shadow of Revan expansion, it will get way more views daily then average, so this is going to blow. *major sigh*

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:50 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Well... maybe you should just do something like. "Force Power accolades" then "dueling accolades" and so on. Just separate the accolades into different types, however you want to do it. That's what I did with my Ulic thread.

:mmm: What if it doesn't specify what they are referring to?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:50 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
:mmm: What if it doesn't specify what they are referring to?
"miscellaneous accolades"

Always have a miscellaneous section, for any aspect of life.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:53 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Take out a few of them. Some are superfluous or insignificant.

These ones are unimportant:

"I've heard all about your reputation: elite combat training, tops in your class. It's no wonder you were hand picked for this mission."

―Trask Ulgo (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

"You also avoided detection by the Sith, discovered I was a Vulkar prisoner, gained suponrship from the race and became the Taris swoop champion. That's quite a resume....A Jedi could have done such things, of course. But only by drawing heavily upon the Force."

―Bastila Shan (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

"Well, I wasn't there, thankfully. But I heard what he was like during the Mandalorian Wars, and it sounded like he was quick to wipe out anyone who crossed him."

―Atton Rand (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords)

"No. They weren't in charge. The disturbance in the Force, I still feel it. It's...arrived."

―Lana Beniko (Star Wars The Old Republic)

"...they [Darth Revan & Darth Malak] were strong enough in the Force to leave a... a trace"

―Bastila Shan (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic) This is actually probably a lie btw.

"Revan and Malak were here before us - I feel their dark presence."

"Revan and Malak were heroes, the great saviors of the Republic."

―Dorak (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Actually fuc.k this, half of these are unneeded and should be purged.

If you just want to organise them then organise them into Power Accolades, Combat Prowess Accolades, Military Accolades etc.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@ILS Ew, no. Thanks for the suggestion though, but my OCD couldn't handle that. Going to have to mediate on it tonight.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:55 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
Take out a few of them. Some are superfluous or insignificant.

These ones are unimportant:

"I've heard all about your reputation: elite combat training, tops in your class. It's no wonder you were hand picked for this mission."

―Trask Ulgo (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

"You also avoided detection by the Sith, discovered I was a Vulkar prisoner, gained suponrship from the race and became the Taris swoop champion. That's quite a resume....A Jedi could have done such things, of course. But only by drawing heavily upon the Force."

"Well, I wasn't there, thankfully. But I heard what he was like during the Mandalorian Wars, and it sounded like he was quick to wipe out anyone who crossed him."

―Atton Rand (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords)

"No. They weren't in charge. The disturbance in the Force, I still feel it. It's...arrived."

―Lana Beniko (Star Wars The Old Republic)

"...they [Darth Revan & Darth Malak] were strong enough in the Force to leave a... a trace"

―Bastila Shan (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic) This is actually probably a lie btw.

"Revan and Malak were here before us - I feel their dark presence."

"Revan and Malak were heroes, the great saviors of the Republic."

―Dorak (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

Actually fuc.k this, half of these are unneeded and should be purged.

If you just want to organise them then organise them into Power Accolades, Combat Prowess Accolades, Military Accolades etc.

Eh, not thanks. I don't want to delete any quotes.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A lot of them have nothing to do with Revan's ability and are just laborious to get through. Also you don't need 10 different "he's strong" quotes that all say the same thing. It's pointless.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:20 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

You... Put everything in a spoiler tag?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:22 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ant wtf bro. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:23 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I panicked. Like, I do have diagnosed OCD and that shit was honestly killing me. Hopefully the spoiler tag and the big notice will keep people from reading it.
This Friday and Saturday I will fix it up. Expect a complete makeover, and then a YouTube video advertising the thread because it will be just that good. #thuglife

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:25 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a whole week for people to look at the thread in all it's spoiler tagged ugliness, man.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:27 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Dude, shut the **** up before I grab the spoiler tags and shove them up your ass.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:30 PM
The Merchant

All this talk about respect threads makes me wanna do one. Too lazy tho.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:31 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Satal and Aleema need one, methinks, as well as the various Jedi Masters of TotJ era like Thon, Arca Jeth, Odun-Urr. They all have some decent feats which could be supported by sourcebook quotes.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:32 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Silver made one for Arca Jeth IIRC.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 10:49 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote