KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Apprentices who are better than their masters

Apprentices who are better than their masters
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

Apprentices who are better than their masters

Here let's discuss apprentices who are better than their masters.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 09:59 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Like, better as in they get better or something else? because Obi-Wan and Jinn is a good example for the first one.

Kas'im and Bane

oh and Luke and Yoda/Oldi-Wan

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Obviously Great Sith Lord Darth Maul and overexcited old man Sidious.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 10:09 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Quinlan Vos, Darth Malgus

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 10:10 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are we just talking about apprentices who are better than their masters while they are both around at the same time, or can we mention apprentices who go on to surpass their master by their prime?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 10:12 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

I was thinking more of around the time that they were still an apprentice to the master

I thought up this thread because I was skimming a comic book where a Jedi Master gets absolutely destroyed by Grievous. Then a few days latter his apprentice stalemated Grievous

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 10:14 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Malgus surpassed Vindican well before his prime hehe, Kun surpassed Vodo, Vader and Anakin surpassed Kenobi at various points, Bane probably never probably never surpassed Kas'im by too much

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 10:16 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
I thought up this thread because I was skimming a comic book where a Jedi Master gets absolutely destroyed by Grievous. Then a few days latter his apprentice stalemated Grievous
Are you referring to the comic "General Grievous"? The master was alone when Grievous wrecked him, whereas his apprentice had backup from a few people, and it wasn't a stalemate - Grievous was on the verge of winning, so the Jedi suicide bombed Grievous (unsuccessfully).

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:04 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01

LOL

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:04 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by NewGuy01

If you ever get perma banned I think I'd leave. Just sayin.

Oh, and HOT/Orgus, old man was well passed his prime.

Scourge and Vitiate? evil face

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Anakin and Obi-wan should be the prime example of this IMO

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tell that to Vader lol

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:09 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by WildBantha88
I was thinking more of around the time that they were still an apprentice to the master

Ferus has great hype as a Padawan, the council loved him and he's stated to have surpassed Siri I think. I think Serra is a decent example. Oh and The Exile and Kreia too

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Ferus has great hype as a Padawan, the council loved him and he's stated to have surpassed Siri I think. I think Serra is a decent example. Oh and The Exile and Kreia too

Traya > Exile tho confused

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan and Traya, then. cool

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan and Traya, then. cool

Traya > Revan

While he trained under her that is.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:42 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Was reading through TCSWE last night, it hilariously stated that Traya trained KotOR Revan too.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:44 PM
Aurbere

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
Sidious and Plagueis
Obi-Wan and Anakin

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

Originally posted by Selenial
Traya > Revan

Always

Much better. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Saba Sebantyne surpassed Eelysa.

Nomi Sunrider surpassed both Thom and Vodo. Exar obviously surpassed Vodo.

Dooku and his Jedi master, Thame Cerulian. Dooku surpassed him by a lot even as a Jedi by the sound of it.

Wolf Sazen and Cade Skywalker, and possibly by Shado Vao as well though that one's harder to say. Wolf was a strong combatant, but he was a better teacher.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2014 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote