KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Redeemed Sith

Redeemed Sith
Started by: Angelalex242

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Angelalex242

Redeemed Sith

How many redeemed Sith are there in galactic history, as far as we know?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Ajunta Pall(spirit), Revan, Ulic and Vader are a few that come to mind.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Can we do better then 4 in Galactic History?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:04 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd say Scourge is kinda redeemed in his own way. He didn't turn away from the dark side, but he did help save the galaxy.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:19 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Are we counting Zekk and those like him? Or does Zekk not really count?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:27 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Yeah, scourge. I think Visas Marr counts and maybe Lana Beniko? she seems very lightsided in my opinion.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:27 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Wonder if Vectivus counts, lol. And Lana isn't any more lightsided than the likes of Vergere.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:37 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm not sure you can have a redemption if you didn't really do anything evil.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

What's the threshold we're setting for 'Sith' and 'redemption?'

Does Zekk count as a Sith in the first place? Do Emperor's Hands (Mara!) count?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:47 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Oh my God. How **** did we forget about the most obvious redeemed sith...

****ing Gravid lol

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 05:19 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I wouldn't exactly call going insane "redemption."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 05:23 AM
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Oh my God. How **** did we forget about the most obvious redeemed sith...

****ing Gravid lol

Hah, yea, turned light and came within a hair of ending the sith line entirely!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Praven potentially.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

This is one thing I'm hoping goes by the wayside in nu!canon. The films make it pretty clear that a redeemed dark sider is pretty much unprecedented.

I'll make an exception for Revan since his rehabilitation owed as much to circumstance and physical trauma as it did choice.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 08:35 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Q99
Hah, yea, turned light and came within a hair of ending the sith line entirely!

Not entirely, he tried to merge Jedi and Sith teachings and balance light and dark, but he ended up going insane. I wouldn't call going insane a redemption.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 10:54 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not entirely, he tried to merge Jedi and Sith teachings and balance light and dark, but he ended up going insane. I wouldn't call going insane a redemption.

That's your own deduction, not fact.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 11:10 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

"A human Sith Lord whose short reign had elapsed some five centuries earlier, Gravid had been persuaded to believe that total commitment to the dark side would sentence the Sith Order to eventual defeat, and so had sought to introduce Jedi selflessness and compassion into his teachings and practice, forgetting that there can be no return to the light for an adept who has entered the dark wood; that the dark side will not surrender one to whom, by mutual agreement, it has staked a claim. Driven increasingly mad by his attempts to straddle the two realms, Gravid became convinced that the only way to safeguard the future of the Sith was to hide or destroy the lore that had been amassed through the generations—the texts, holocrons, and treatises—so that the Sith could fashion a new beginning for themselves that would guarantee success."-Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 11:18 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's your own deduction, not fact.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 11:24 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The ****ing text says it.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 11:31 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

There was also a light-sided Sith Lord that resisted the Emperor at one point, btw guys. His spirit is in the Dark Temple, he has a nice hat.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 11:36 PM