KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which comic is this feat from?

Which comic is this feat from?
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Which comic is this feat from?

This one

Tangentially related, but does the issue indicate how fast the pod was moving when Anakin seemingly made it take a U-turn with TK? :hmm

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 11:43 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was from the Republic comic series, can't remember the specific issue.

Edit: it's from Obsession #3.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 11:47 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Was from the Republic comic series, can't remember the specific issue.

Edit: it's from Obsession #3.

Thanks

Always like to know full context before I try to figure out how impressive a feat is

Will be interesting to see if the result could theoretically be higher than I tried to figure out for this :hmm

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 11:56 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

What results did you get from calcing that feat? Must have been pretty insane.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 11:58 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Trying to find out how much kinetic energy it would take to throw an escape Pod into a far-away star? Hmmm, I'm not the best when it comes to dealing with perspective but I would say 3000 kilometers since that's the targeting for most ships going by ROTJ at point-blank range.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 11:59 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

@ILS - About 2.5 megatons using the missile speed as a measuring stick

Thought it was a fair assumption to make that their missiles could accelerate to match our own modern missiles top speed from the heights they had been launched from

Wish they also had given me actual dimensions to work with for the ship, but I'm used to having to play guessing games when it comes to figuring out a theoretical mass

Not perfect (because nothing we can do for fiction is concrete and all), but it works well enough for my board's purposes

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:03 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by The Merchant
Trying to find out how much kinetic energy it would take to throw an escape Pod into a far-away star? Hmmm, I'm not the best when it comes to dealing with perspective but I would say 3000 kilometers since that's the targeting for most ships going by ROTJ at point-blank range.

If he's propelling it into the star?

Sure

I could only tell that he made it take a U-turn from the limited context I have though at the present, so I was going to compare the speed he turns the ship on it's center of mass to the pod's theoretical speed if I couldn't find any other way to measure it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:06 AM
ares834

Naruto forum calcs...

Rofl

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:08 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Don't worry, I mock you all the same chuckles :maybe

Completely amicably, but still

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 12:23 AM
Q99

Originally posted by The Merchant

It had it's engines on, he didn't need to 'throw' it so much as point it to the star and let momentum and said engines do the rest.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

@ChaosTheory123: For the earlier feat from CW, how did you adjust for the station being hollow?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 03:11 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
If he's propelling it into the star?

Sure

I could only tell that he made it take a U-turn from the limited context I have though at the present, so I was going to compare the speed he turns the ship on it's center of mass to the pod's theoretical speed if I couldn't find any other way to measure it.

He isn't propelling it though. You can see the thrusters on the back, he's just directing it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Nephthys
He isn't propelling it though. You can see the thrusters on the back, he's just directing it.

You say just like it isn't more impressive.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 03:27 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I did not know Anakin was a changeling.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by NewGuy01
@ChaosTheory123: For the earlier feat from CW, how did you adjust for the station being hollow?

That's one of the things I wish I could be more exact with.

Treated it sort of like a building. With much screwing around with building hollowness in the past, we sort of determined a good number of buildings are roughly 80% hollow space, 20% actual material. Which is itself really a rough approximate too.

Seeing as how much material exists inside a given ship with some of the cross sections for ships I've seen?

This worked well enough as far as I can tell, even if inexact :hmm

Originally posted by Q99
It had it's engines on, he didn't need to 'throw' it so much as point it to the star and let momentum and said engines do the rest.

Figured as much looking at the scans, hence probably why comparing the speed of the propulsion of the thrusters to the speed it turns on it's center of mass during the seeming U-turn is the best way to judge it :hmm

Last edited by ChaosTheory123 on Jan 26th, 2015 at 04:04 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 04:02 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You say just like it isn't more impressive.

Because it isn't.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Because it isn't.

I'm sure you can redirect something pushed by thrusters in space. That's definitely something you can do.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 05:34 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Which comic is this feat from?

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
This one

Tangentially related, but does the issue indicate how fast the pod was moving when Anakin seemingly made it take a U-turn with TK? :hmm

I know I have the lucasfilm magazine special bounty hunter édition...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote