KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Odan-Urr Grandmaster?

Odan-Urr Grandmaster?
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Odan-Urr Grandmaster?

Yes, yes, the concept as it exists now didn't technically exist to my knowledge back when he was introduced.

That being said, he was the Head of the Jedi Assembly, which functioned in the same capacity as the Jedi High Council that came after it IIRC. The High Council itself being led by both Grandmaster and the Master of the Order.

So, does Head of the Jedi Assembly = Grandmaster?

Especially given we have references to the title of Grandmaster existing well before Odan-Urr's era in the form of Biel Ductavis, I sort of figure we can infer that's what Head of the Jedi Assembly translates into given the concept was introduced and described after Urr was conceived as a character. :hmm

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:35 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess he is even if he isn't technically called GM.

Is this feat-related in any way, by any chance?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:37 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I guess he is even if he isn't technically called GM.

Is this feat-related in any way, by any chance?

Just trying to put together the general puzzle for the era he came from with any scrap of information I can :hmm

As stated in The Jedi Path, the Grandmaster is typically the greatest master in the jedi order

Granted, the era Urr stemmed from also could have conceivably held numerous grandmasters too, given that was only done away with by the Ruusan Reformation IIRC, but eh.

Not to say Urr was the most powerful when he died, much like Satele certainly isn't by the time Barsen'thor and HoT rose to prominence and hit their current peaks, but at the time they were elected they certainly would have been the "greatest" (makes further sense when Fae seems to imply she'd need to give the title up to pass it along anyway, even if she was technically surpassed I assume)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:44 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just curious because Kun is "far more powerful" than the Jedi of his day. So, yeno, feats.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:49 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I know he is :maybe

I'm also aware of "feat or gtfo"

Then again, I'm also a fan of series like Ravemaster where some of the Top Tiers like Haru's father and Lucia's father had shit feats, yet per word of god and omniscient narrative are afforded powerscaling.

There's a nice balance to play when working on connecting the dots :maybe

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 01:51 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just want Kun to be as powerful as possible, tbh

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 02:40 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I just want Kun to be as powerful as possible, tbh

Which both feats and accolades support him being

We know as a Sith Lord he was stronger than any Jedi alive.

Which includes Thon, you know, the same ****er that basically matched the entire power of Ambria's dark side energy by sealing it away in Lake Natth. Same dark side energy kind of razed the planet :maybe

Honestly, Thon has one of the better feats of raw power in the mythos from that too.

Also heard something about Luke considering him one of the darkest beings he's ever met, second to Sidious or something. Never seen the exact quote though, I've only heard that through hearsay :hmm

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 02:58 AM
The Merchant

The quote exists, I think you can find it on here in the Exar Kun respect thread made by ancient power.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 06:40 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote