KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Sion: Not so weak apparently

Darth Sion: Not so weak apparently
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Darth Sion: Not so weak apparently

4. When on Malachor V, you're required to defeat the Greater Storm Beast. Is it fair to suggest that the Exile could have/did put it down with her force powers (telekinesis, force drain, etc) instead of just her lightsaber? I mostly ask because, in gameplay, you can theoretically kill it with anything, but given how tough the species is for barely surviving the first usage of the Mass Shadow Generator, obviously some tools you have available shouldn't feasibly be able to hurt it canonically.

5. Could Sion have theoretically accomplished the same concerning the Storm Beast?

6. Was Kreia's force drain considerably weaker than Nihilus'? Or, while out classed, could she function in the same general league if she chose to?

The questions I asked are answered in the linked image.

On the off chance the image breaks in the future, I'll also quote the text here

quote:
, for 4 and 5, I honestly don’t know. Considering Luke killed a Rancor without a lightsaber, I’d like to think the Exile could have done the same.

Sion might have been able to, but the Exile would have a better chance.

As for 6, I hate to set up a ranking system, but my opinion is that Kreia’s Force Drain is weaker by necessity – if you go overboard, you turn into a near-vacant husk like Nihilus, and that’s a dead-end to the Sith teachings. Could she have theoretically pushed it to the same level? I doubt it, for two reasons:

(1) I can’t see a situation where Kreia would be willing to give up her own personality and psychological “rock” to do so – plus, being Darth “Traya,” that personality is core to her specialty as a Darth (the ability to sense and manipulate and cultivate psychological strengths and vulnerabilities – even in herself).

(2) Nihilus was in a very particular position in the battle of Malachor V that allowed him to “achieve” his state in KOTOR2. Without Malachor V and the Generator, no Sith could become what Nihilus was – at least exactly.

So, to take from this?

>Meetra Surik can likely kill something that survived the initial effects of the MSG activating, not just the heightened gravity that existed afterward, with the force
>Darth Sion can likely replicate this, though with greater difficulty
>Traya can't replicate Nihilus' force drain

Though on the last point? Its interesting to note that Avellone didn't say she couldn't due to a lack of power, it was more due to her psychology :hmm

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:45 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

May you ask how Nihilus compares to the Ancient Sith, if you haven't already? That statement puts Nihilus extremely high depending on the context.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:48 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I've already asked him 9, with 6 answered so far when he seems to hold to a policy of 3 at a time.

I'd feel even more like a dick for adding a 10th at this time :lmao

Though as he said in the message? He doesn't really like establishing a hierarchy, I figure he'd dance around the question if I tried :hmm

I'm lucky he gave a reason for why Traya couldn't pull a Nihilus

Even better given the reasons he gave didn't actually include her being too weak :hmm

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:52 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What did you ask him about Revan? PM me them if possible.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Sorry to tell you, but I only asked for him to confirm Kreia's heart of the force statement wasn't a lie on her part, which you got a nice accolade from last thread :maybe

Bear in mind, how to gauge Revan is hardly a mystery or even that difficult where I post. We don't focus on the fact Vitiate needed a ritual to acquire his power, only that the power he got out of it was ****ing huge and all (no, really, is the comparison to Kefka Palazzo obscure to you ****ers? :hmm).

Only questions I have remaining are about the parameters of Nihilus TKing the ravager (how long it took him to pull it free from Malachor, where it was situated above the planet when it started, etc), more specifics on Nihilus holding the Ravager together, and how the KOTOR2 council and bastila compared to Meetra Surik.

Given precedent from his previous replies... I don't expect much, given I imagine specifics like these could probably step on some toes, but eh.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:50 AM
Zenwolf

Are we really taking this seriously? Also did he really just compare Jabba's starving Rancor, to a Storm Beast?..

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 7th, 2015 at 04:02 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Are we really taking this seriously?

You don't have to

I posted it because I thought it was interesting though

That said, nothing presented in the game contradicts his assessment, and the ****er kind of created the characters in the first place

In a way, it's akin to denying Lucas' assessment that only Yoda and Windu had a chance of dealing with Sidious at the time of RotS

Not that bias hasn't gotten in the way of fans and accepting a form of "word of god" in the past that clarifies shit that isn't contradicted :maybe

Hell, I'll have more fun if you DO deny it

Denial is just another fun part of enjoying Schadenfreude

At the Storm beast vs Rancor thing? I hardly even remembered the scene myself, I doubt he really did either, not that I can confirm it for you

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:04 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

At the Storm beast vs Rancor thing? I hardly even remembered the scene myself, I doubt he really did either, not that I can confirm it for you

Did what? No I'm saying, he compared Jabba's starving Rancor that Luke killed to a Storm Beast and said just because Luke killed a rancor without a saber, means the Exile and Sion could kill a Storm Beast without a lightsaber?..

You don't see anything wrong with that? That's what begs my question.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I didn't even remember the scene in question, I haven't watched it in about... a decade?

The comparison itself probably doesn't work given one species barely survived mass extinction from a super weapon that fractured a planet while this Rancor was was apparently starved, but that's not really what I'd focus on.

Like I said though, you're free to do with this what you want, I just posted this shit for fun *shrugs*

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:11 AM
Zenwolf

I didn't even remember the scene in question, I haven't watched it in about... a decade?

The comparison itself probably doesn't work given one species barely survived mass extinction from a super weapon that fractured a planet while this Rancor was was apparently starved, but that's not really what I'd focus on.

Like I said though, you're free to do with this what you want, I just posted this shit for fun *shrugs*

I just found the comparison kinda...strange is all.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:13 AM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

And now that you pointed it out, so do I

Just not really the focus of the question is all

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:14 AM
Revanchiste

Re: Darth Sion: Not so weak apparently

4. When on Malachor V, you're required to defeat the Greater Storm Beast. Is it fair to suggest that the Exile could have/did put it down with her force powers (telekinesis, force drain, etc) instead of just her lightsaber? I mostly ask because, in gameplay, you can theoretically kill it with anything, but given how tough the species is for barely surviving the first usage of the Mass Shadow Generator, obviously some tools you have available shouldn't feasibly be able to hurt it canonically.

5. Could Sion have theoretically accomplished the same concerning the Storm Beast?

6. Was Kreia's force drain considerably weaker than Nihilus'? Or, while out classed, could she function in the same general league if she chose to?

The questions I asked are answered in the linked image.

On the off chance the image breaks in the future, I'll also quote the text here

So, to take from this?

>Meetra Surik can likely kill something that survived the initial effects of the MSG activating, not just the heightened gravity that existed afterward, with the force
>Darth Sion can likely replicate this, though with greater difficulty
>Traya can't replicate Nihilus' force drain

Though on the last point? Its interesting to note that Avellone didn't say she couldn't due to a lack of power, it was more due to her psychology :hmm

Traya cannot it would make non sens if she had an abilities of this magnettude, she said it herself, the abilities of this level cannot be teach, it can only be found by yourself.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
the heart of the force? Something than Traya have to admit : Darth Revan was absolute power compare to her !
Chris avallone don't respond to a lot of question about Revan, he have one word : Reachearch, or it's up to you to believe it or not, all you have to know is than Revan is a male and he pick up the light side version in the canon....

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 7th, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote