KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik

Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik

Discussing with Mr. Chris Avellone via email has been a fantastic experience. He truly cares about the quality of his work, but also takes special notice to his fanbase. This was interesting, however:

Question: "You've said and implied many times that Revan is an immensely powerful character, and fans have been wondering for nearly a decade now what would have happened if Revan would have entered the scene during the Dark Wars. Assuming he knew of Kreia's devious plot to destroy the Force itself, he would most likely try to stop her before too much harm is done. In a hypothetical situation where that since Exile served as a unknowing pawn of Kreia's true intentions for the duration of the game, she would battle alongside Kreia, who do you think would prevail in that climatic battle? The Dark Lord Revan, or the Lord of Betrayal and "the hope of all life" (as Mical would describe her/him)?"

Answer: "If the Exile could defeat Kreia, Revan would have an easier time of it. (;_United with the Exile, Kreia and the Exile vs. Revan? My money’s still on Revan, since in my mind, Revan was a master strategist as well as an extremely powerful Force wielder. Granted, it depends on the circumstances, but everything else being equal, Revan’s just... Revan. Kreia’s still stuck in the past, and the Exile has their own issues. Note this is just focused on the games – I’m not calling into account anything that used to be/was in the Expanded Universe."

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I thought this was obvious by feats anyway? :hmm

Or was "lol gigadrain" really that omnipresent a response?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 02:39 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Discussing with Mr. Chris Avellone via email has been a fantastic experience. He truly cares about the quality of his work, but also takes special notice to his fanbase. This was interesting, however:

Question: "You've said and implied many times that Revan is an immensely powerful character, and fans have been wondering for nearly a decade now what would have happened if Revan would have entered the scene during the Dark Wars. Assuming he knew of Kreia's devious plot to destroy the Force itself, he would most likely try to stop her before too much harm is done. In a hypothetical situation where that since Exile served as a unknowing pawn of Kreia's true intentions for the duration of the game, she would battle alongside Kreia, who do you think would prevail in that climatic battle? The Dark Lord Revan, or the Lord of Betrayal and "the hope of all life" (as Mical would describe her/him)?"

Answer: "If the Exile could defeat Kreia, Revan would have an easier time of it. (;_United with the Exile, Kreia and the Exile vs. Revan? My money’s still on Revan, since in my mind, Revan was a master strategist as well as an extremely powerful Force wielder. Granted, it depends on the circumstances, but everything else being equal, Revan’s just... Revan. Kreia’s still stuck in the past, and the Exile has their own issues. Note this is just focused on the games – I’m not calling into account anything that used to be/was in the Expanded Universe."

I have found a lot of interview of this guy... Really you have to be lucky..

Have you asked him about when Revan create his Holocron? What he think about Foundry Revan the robot target system that is totaly absurbe? Or Revan "redemption"...? Blabla crilme for the emperor and now I have found redemption...

I'm sure than he found the ToR novel fine.. even if the exil die, KotOR 3 have already this Idea of attacking the republic 300 years later after KotOR....

Of course, he will have an easier time,if I remember correctly when he live her on Malachor V a second time.... He ragdoll her !

"Assuming he knew of Kreia's devious plot to destroy the Force itself," of course he know and Kreia have an hard tile to persuade him toleave his noble cause to save the republic using the star forge to help her in her plan....
But in the end.. Revan doesn't care about her plan, he doesn't care at all. That's what it pissed of Kreia when Revan leav her a second time....
He let her alive by respect of his former master... At the time Kreia wasn't in charge of the siths..... She wasn't even a potential danger...

"Revan’s just... Revan."

This not the first time than he confirmed than Revan have always act as himself.

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 7th, 2015 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 12:51 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

@ChrisAvellone Hello mister Avellone, I've been scent to my community (in the occurence my Fr wiki community, not KMC) to ask you some questions about your remarquable work, and I think this is an Honor to have to trade with someone who put so much effort in his job (Unlike the creator of ToR 3.0 extension....) I have admiration for obsidian too.
And there is heavy theories going on.. Revan is sith, he came from the unknowed Region and Aren Kae is an infiltrator (like it have been dipicted in the ghnost dural timeline) she have an unothordhox teaching and she is a bit more pragmatic... It seam obvious and largly admit even if not even confirmed.
An other is that Revan is in fact... This great sith emperor son himself.. (for those who think than KoTOR 1 Revalation was big enough... This, for a KotOR 3 could be amazing, did you immagie the OMG metter?)

Could such a thing happen in the next KotOR if you are authorized to realeased it?

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/effe...s_de_revan.html could this be plausible?

Second, it's obvious than Revan did had the time to create his holocron during the Jedi civil war... Because he was kept busy, and than it have been created when his "time have passed."

So When Revan did creat his Holocron?

Secon I know this not your work but this is you character.. You have pointed than Rakattas technology star forge or star map auto repair slowly, revan holocron his made with Rakkatta technology and I'm assuming than it look like this :
http://darthtemoc.deviantart.com/ar...ocron-464785555
In bane novel after 3 000 years it get dammage by the time... How could this happen? Does the return of the lightside on Lehon cut the feeding of the Holocron?

How could the star forge could be in orbit of lehon if it have been destroyed near the sun? And alsomealted into the sun?

What do you think of Revan redemption in ToR foundry chapter?
And the sith DNA chearching thing?
I have always been curious to know your point of view on other creation treating about your universe and characters......

Thank to reading those questions.
The Holonet and ToR/KotOR 2 FR wiki community.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:40 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 01:49 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

*snip*

Besides maybe Neph or Selinial, I think most of us already knew all of this would be the result of this.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:33 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Revan > Sidious

Ask him next time what he thinks would happen if Revan (Darth, Dark, Rebor) at the height of his power were to fight Sidious at the height of his power. Ask him who he truly believes would come out victorious in a fight, and why he thinks that.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

All of your sins have been forgiven by sharing this information. smokin'

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 8th, 2015 at 08:51 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 08:37 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Re: Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Besides maybe Neph or Selinial, I think most of us already knew all of this would be the result of this.

Really?

Many people mistakenly assume that Force Drain applications cannot be defended against because Traya said so. What they fail to realize is that Traya had been manipulating Surik and was being selective in her disclosures.

And people also mindlessly bashed Mr. Drew for projecting Revan as being substantially above Surik in power.

Nobody denied that Surik is a powerful Jedi, one of the best of her era. However, Revan competes with the likes of Yoda, HoT and Luke, period.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 8th, 2015 at 08:48 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 08:42 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

thumb up

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
I thought this was obvious by feats anyway? :hmm

Or was "lol gigadrain" really that omnipresent a response?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 08:58 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah, I actually agree with LeGenD on this one.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 09:05 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah, I actually agree with LeGenD on this one.

Thank you

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 09:19 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Kreia’s still stuck in the past, and the Exile has their own issues.

Interesting.

Mr. Drew once disclosed to me in an email that Malak prioritized martial talents but Revan prioritized developing new powers and techniques. Essentially, Revan had been an innovator in the matters of manipulating the Force.

What I gather from "Kriea's still stuck in the past" remark is that she was too much focused on ancient knowledge and paid less attention to innovation. Her Jedi historian profile also fits with this.

As for the Exile, I always felt that Force Wound condition has its pros but it isn't a reliable facet of raw power.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 8th, 2015 at 09:45 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 09:38 AM
S_W_LeGenD

These revelations from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan are very telling:

"It was easy to understand how Scourge could be drawn to him; Revan's command of the Force was greater then that of anyone else she had ever met."

"The Jedi's command of and connection to the Force was unlike anything Scourge had sensed in anyone else. Even though Revan was constantly drugged, it was impossible not to sense his strength."

"Like Revan, The Emperor understood the Force in ways Scourge never would."

Excellent.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 09:57 AM
Revanchiste

Originally posted by Board Walker
Revan > Sidious

Ask him next time what he thinks would happen if Revan (Darth, Dark, Rebor) at the height of his power were to fight Sidious at the height of his power. Ask him who he truly believes would come out victorious in a fight, and why he thinks that.

KotOR 3 Revan yess !!!

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
These revelations from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan are very telling:

"It was easy to understand how Scourge could be drawn to him; Revan's command of the Force was greater then that of anyone else she had ever met."

"The Jedi's command of and connection to the Force was unlike anything Scourge had sensed in anyone else. Even though Revan was constantly drugged, it was impossible not to sense his strength."

"Like Revan, The Emperor understood the Force in ways Scourge never would."

Excellent.

It's like anakin when he was a child.. This Revan lack of pratice and training for a guy of his level....

Interesting.

Mr. Drew once disclosed to me in an email that Malak prioritized martial talents but Revan prioritized developing new powers and techniques. Essentially, Revan had been an innovator in the matters of manipulating the Force.

What I gather from "Kriea's still stuck in the past" remark is that she was too much focused on ancient knowledge and paid less attention to innovation. Her Jedi historian profile also fits with this.

As for the Exile, I always felt that Force Wound condition has its pros but it isn't a reliable facet of raw power.

True but Revan devlopp enough his dueling technic to keep being in competion with Malak...
Revan is innovative because Kreia teach him how a form 2 master think... Combined with his niman.

"What I gather from "Kriea's still stuck in the past" remark is that she was too much focused on ancient knowledge and paid less attention to innovation. Her Jedi historian profile also fits with this."

Not only This is also how she never forgive the Jedi order to exile her....

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 11:03 AM
Revanchiste

Re: Re: Re: Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik

Really?

Many people mistakenly assume that Force Drain applications cannot be defended against because Traya said so. What they fail to realize is that Traya had been manipulating Surik and was being selective in her disclosures.

And people also mindlessly bashed Mr. Drew for projecting Revan as being substantially above Surik in power.

Nobody denied that Surik is a powerful Jedi, one of the best of her era. However, Revan competes with the likes of Yoda, HoT and Luke, period.

She is talking about nihilus drain, drain can be counter..... And in did nihilus drain can be counter....

But drain can be counter by absorbtion or other technics...

"However, Revan competes with the likes of Yoda, HoT and Luke, period."

I hate when people denie that....

All of your sins have been forgiven by sharing this information. smokin'

Mayby not :
http://www.swtor.com/community/show...621#post8018621

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 11:11 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Re: Re: Re: Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik

Really?

Many people mistakenly assume that Force Drain applications cannot be defended against because Traya said so.

Considering this has nothing to do with the reasons given on why Revan would win, this isn't relevant. The point was Revan can outplay, outmaneuver, and overpower Kreia or the Exile before that would even matter. No one has ever thought Kreia was a match for Revan in terms of power or ability, which is what was brought up. And while I'd love to get into this debate about Force Drain, again, it's not relevant to this thread.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 04:08 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I don't know, looking at it I could probably agree to this. If mind sets came into it, which it looks like they do.

I simply say that because Traya wouldn't use Drain, because like Avellone says, Nihilus was the only one willing to accept the consequences of drain. Beyond that, her powers lie mostly in sense and control, which would allow her to survive but not press an offensive on Revan. Surik is far too much the stalwart Jedi to abuse whatever force powers she possesses, other than her bolstering effects. While she'd beat Revan in sabers, he'd probably take her out with the force first.

And to be honest, once one's taken out, even if the other is at an advantage, it's pretty much over.

So yeh, with their "morals on" I'd see Revan taking this, if only barely.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chris Avellone's thoughts on Revan vs Darth Traya & Meetra Surik

Considering this has nothing to do with the reasons given on why Revan would win, this isn't relevant. The point was Revan can outplay, outmaneuver, and overpower Kreia or the Exile before that would even matter. No one has ever thought Kreia was a match for Revan in terms of power or ability, which is what was brought up. And while I'd love to get into this debate about Force Drain, again, it's not relevant to this thread.

This is because there is people that consider Kreia as a top 10 sith lord because she have nearly kill the force and consider Revan like an average one...

"So yeh, with their "morals on" I'd see Revan taking this, if only barely."

Peharps Jedi Revan the one you destroy the star forge....

But not Darth Revan... Because eeeeeerr humhum... Revan just Ragdoll her...
According to this timeline : http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/TimeLine.html
That can be trusted at 98% !

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 04:38 PM