KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 15 Jedi/Sith List

Top 15 Jedi/Sith List
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Top 15 Jedi/Sith List

Making a top 10 list of a single faction is too tricky as usually after top 5 it gets blurry for most people yet making a top 5 list doesn't satisfy anyone.

So why not make a Top 15 jedi/sith list?

Please don't use various dark/light versions of characters like Vader, Revan, Caedus etc. Use their sole most powerful incarnations.

So, here is mine:

1) Luke Skywalker
2) Darth Sidious
3/4) Yoda/ Vitiate
5) Darth Nihilus
6/7) Plagueis/ Caedus
8) Darth Bane
9/10) Revan/ Exar Kun
11/12) Vader/ Krayt
13) Hero of Tython
14) Darth Malgus
15) Mace Windu

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 12:48 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

A mix-up list? Interesting. That's quite hard to put together.

My take:

1. Luke
2. Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Caedus
5. Plagueis
6. Durron
7. Starkiller
8. Vader
9. Kun
10. Krayt
11. Revan
12. Malgus
13. Dooku
14. Windu
15. Jaina

BTW #4 to #7 are almost interchangable IMHO.

Last edited by Stigma on Feb 15th, 2015 at 01:49 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 01:42 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Durron, Starkiller are your surprising ones.

But how is Vitiate not on your list What the f**k?

IMHO, you should either add no TOR characters to your list cause you hate the era or include its most powerful character as well lol

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
But how is Vitiate not on your list What the f**k?

Vitiate is hard for me to gauge because of his virtually constant amp of Dromund Kaas.

If we were to discard it, Vitiate sits at about #4, and everyone goes down a notch.

IMHO, you should either add no TOR characters to your list cause you hate the era or include its most powerful character as well lol

LOL again no, where do you come up with this stuff?

I have no problem with TOR era, as you have none with NJO era, I'm sure.

I just think that most powerful characters come from other time periods in the SW mythos. thumb up

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Stigma
LOL again no, where do you come up with this stuff?

I have no problem with TOR era, as you have none with NJO era, I'm sure.

I just think that most powerful characters come from other time periods in the SW mythos. thumb up

Your association with Carthage kinda gives out that vibe tbh and not including Bane and Vitiate, the two most hated characters by him made me think that way, no offense.

quote:
Vitiate is hard for me to gauge because of his virtually constant amp of Dromund Kaas.

If we were to discard it, Vitiate sits at about #4, and everyone goes down a notch.

Well, his space station had no amps but more importantly, you acknowledge accolades don't you? At least the accurate and clear ones?

"In resurrecting the Emperor, Revan believes he will succeed where others have failed. But the Emperor will prove far too powerful for Revan, or anyone else. No one person, not even Revan can truly destroy the Emperor. He will destroy Revan, then move on to the rest of us. In time, he will consume all life in the galaxy. The depths of the Emperor's power are as much a mystery to me as to you. But he is capable of it, I'm certain."

"Oricon was affected by the Dread Masters. Even their combined power was insignificant compared to the Emperor. Have some common sense. The Emperor is the dark side incarnate. You wouldn't stand a chance. You're mad to think you'd even stand a chance against his power. You're nothing to him."

Logically speaking, he should at least be above Revan.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:27 PM
McP

1. Luke
2. Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Plagueis
5. Vitiate
6. Caedus
7. Vader
8. Dooku
9. Windu
10. Revan
11. Malgus
12. Nihilus
13. Exar
14. Bane
15. Krayt

Hard to tell, perhaps something like that.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:33 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Your association with Carthage kinda gives out that vibe tbh and not including Bane and Vitiate, the two most hated characters by him made me think that way, no offense.

TBH cart makes valid and well-reasoned out arguments. Dismissing him as a troll is rather silly.
And Bane and Vitiate are among most hated for a reason. That reason being that their power is blown out of proportion by many "wankers".

Well, his space station had no amps but more importantly, you acknowledge accolades don't you? At least the accurate and clear ones?

"In resurrecting the Emperor, Revan believes he will succeed where others have failed. But the Emperor will prove far too powerful for Revan, or anyone else. No one person, not even Revan can truly destroy the Emperor. He will destroy Revan, then move on to the rest of us. In time, he will consume all life in the galaxy. The depths of the Emperor's power are as much a mystery to me as to you. But he is capable of it, I'm certain."

"Oricon was affected by the Dread Masters. Even their combined power was insignificant compared to the Emperor. Have some common sense. The Emperor is the dark side incarnate. You wouldn't stand a chance. You're mad to think you'd even stand a chance against his power. You're nothing to him."

Logically speaking, he should at least be above Revan.

Well, indeed Vitiate is more powerful than Revan.

Again, as I said, if we discard Dromund Kaas amp (Vitiate never leaves the planet that is a nexus. EDIT: excluding the space station, of course. Which I find to be his best feat tbh) then sure, he is somewhere in top 5.

I'm not sure though does these quotes mean Vitiate's power as he is on Dromund Kaas (again, he almost never leaves the planet) or his natural power. (But then again, we virtually never really see his natural power without an amp)

Last edited by Stigma on Feb 15th, 2015 at 02:43 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:37 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Stigma
TBH cart makes valid and well-reasoned out arguments. Dismissing him as a troll is rather silly.
And Bane and Vitiate are among most hated for a reason. That reason being that their power is blown out of proportion by many "wankers"

I'm not denying his knowledge in SWEU. His reasoning lacks logic too much to be considered sincere so people call him a troll for a reason as well.

I'm actually not getting the Bane hatred. I think a few years ago some people considered him above the likes of Sidious but its never been the opinion of the majority and I'm not sure why that wank would cause this much hate.

quote:
Well, indeed Vitiate is more powerful than Revan.

I used used Revan to calculate Vitiate's power cause you used Revan in your list.

quote:
Again, as I said, if we discard Dromund Kaas amp (Vitiate never leaves the planet that is a nexus. EDIT: excluding the space station, of course. Which I find to be his best feat tbh) then sure, he is somewhere in top 5.

That is good news I guess big grin But if you find that to be his best feat and know that it was accomplished without an amp, why would you not include him in your list because of his lesser feats that was accomplished on a nexus? Even Carthage's nexus arguments are based on whether characters can replicate the feat absent nexus or not and he indeed has replicated it.

quote:
I'm not sure though does these quotes mean Vitiate's power as he is on Dromund Kaas (again, he almost never leaves the planet) or his natural power. (But then again, we virtually never really see his natural power without an amp)

Both these quotes are from Shadow of Revan and they're referring to the present and the future where Vitiate isn't in Kaas anymore so yes, these don't include an amp.

Last edited by Sinious on Feb 15th, 2015 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:53 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by McP
1. Luke
2. Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Plagueis
5. Vitiate
6. Caedus
7. Vader
8. Dooku
9. Windu
10. Revan
11. Malgus
12. Nihilus
13. Exar
14. Bane
15. Krayt

Hard to tell, perhaps something like that.

Nice list, I'd only object with Dooku being so high.

Nihilus is in an interesting place in your list. People either put him around top 5 or don't include him at all.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:55 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Emperor Palpatine
3. Yoda
4. Emperor Vitiate
5. Jacen Solo
6. Darth Plagueis

After that the lines blur a little bit.

Nihilus is an interesting case, Sinious. He's very much an abhorrent Dark Side abomination, much like a less-refined Vitiate, but canonically on a smaller scale. He does have some pretty dope feats of raw power, and any character who is proficient in the arts of severing others from the Force is dangerous to anyone. But then one must consider that supposedly Revan is more powerful than he is, so it's really kinda jumbled and hard to say with him. I actually wish we knew a little more about how apt he was in terms of lightsaber skill, tbh.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Feb 15th, 2015 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 10:57 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Wish Tenebrous and Nadd had more showings

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 11:59 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by NewGuy01
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Emperor Palpatine
3. Yoda
4. Emperor Vitiate
5. Jacen Solo
6. Darth Plagueis

After that the lines blur a little bit.

Agreed.

quote:
Nihilus is an interesting case, Sinious. He's very much an abhorrent Dark Side abomination, much like a less-refined Vitiate, but canonically on a smaller scale. He does have some pretty dope feats of raw power, and any character who is proficient in the arts of severing others from the Force is dangerous to anyone. But then one must consider that supposedly Revan is more powerful than he is, so it's really kinda jumbled and hard to say with him.

The thing that makes him so dangerous is his unique application of drain and his connection to the force as a wound.

What makes you think that Revan is more powerful than him?

quote:
I actually wish we knew a little more about how apt he was in terms of lightsaber skill, tbh.

The fact that he uses a lightsaber at all and gets killed by one surprises me tbh

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:10 AM
Revanchiste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_30HSg1r7c

Dathka Graus..

You should see a star war philosophy:: sith king episodes to start with...
Like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r7TlmfP10c

They provide great source of info on the unuverse for sure....

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The thing that makes him so dangerous is his unique application of drain and his connection to the force as a wound.

I don't think I find his application of drain to be unique at all, at least combat-wise.

quote:
What makes you think that Revan is more powerful than him?

Meetra says Revan has a greater command of the Force than anyone else she had ever met.

quote:
The fact that he uses a lightsaber at all and gets killed by one surprises me tbh

The fact that SWTOR establishes that lightsabers aren't needed for top-tiers appalls me, tbh.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:33 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't think I find his application of drain to be unique at all, at least combat-wise.

Because of all those other dudes draining planets?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Meetra says Revan has a greater command of the Force than anyone else she had ever met.

The fact that SWTOR establishes that lightsabers aren't needed for top-tiers appalls me, tbh.

Especially Revan...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Tbf, he used it against everyone he fought and defeated them with it except for the team Exile.

quote:

She might be saying that cause Nihilus lacked stability and self-control. I mean Revan's pre-KOTOR incarnation shouldn't even come close to Nihilus tbh.

quote:

Doesn't this concept come from the OT where Sidious depreciates lightsabers?

Besides, I said that cause Nihilus is an abomination that lacks a physical body.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:44 AM
Revanchiste

Tbf, he used it against everyone he fought and defeated them with it except for the team Exile.

She might be saying that cause Nihilus lacked stability and self-control. I mean Revan's pre-KOTOR incarnation shouldn't even come close to Nihilus tbh.

Doesn't this concept come from the OT where Sidious depreciates lightsabers?

Besides, I said that cause Nihilus is an abomination that lacks a physical body.

To me it came close... Do not under estimate this version....
When you had reachearch as deep as I have...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 12:56 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I'm sure you reachearched it deeply.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 01:00 AM