KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How could anakin became the master of our dear Tano?

How could anakin became the master of our dear Tano?
Started by: Revanchiste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Revanchiste

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Revanchiste. Ahsoka isn't a legends character. She is apart of the new canon

You will have to make me eat my balls.
Unfortunatly fr you I'm not a contorsionist (Well I can put my legs behind my neck but that's pretty much it...)

I mean the new canon is bullshit.

Well the last comic are prety good, han solo and luke comics...
There is somekind of lincence character explotation but nothing to silly.. The art behind it look's pretty good, nice action...
Many people were surprise by vader feat like any classic Star war fan boy when they see luke solo etc having a new feat even if it make no sens (luke who cut a tie fighter in 2 with his lightsaber for example...)
It was already obvious for me than Vader can do this kind of TK feats...

But good grief. Moraband in the new canon... And ashoka is a part of this dirty section of the new canon.. And how can Bane have a tomb on Korriband? Who build it? And doesn't that compromise the secret of the sith?

Originally posted by Q99
Being a Jedi Knight and being considered wise enough are synonymous.

You get the rank when you are ready.

I agree on the second sentence.. But not the first one.
Only master can teach...

Ha O.k war condition.. I found it...

It say than you can became a master by multiple ways... It's often by training an apprentice.

There is alaso an old law that allow a master to have multiple apprentices and an "apprentice" (not by the title) who is wise enough to teach.

This law end after the battle of Ruusan.

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 20th, 2015 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Revanchiste

I agree on the second sentence.. But not the first one.
Only master can teach...

That is simply wrong. Knights have padawans.

Obi-wan the Knight taught Anakin the Padawan.

Quinlan Vos taught Aayla Secura when he was a Knight (he became a master upon her becoming a Knight).

Sharad Hett, a Knight, taught A'Sharad Hett.

Anakin the Knight teaching Ahsoka the Padawan is normal. Especially when the order was so in need of Jedi as it was during the war.

While Masters teach many students, one who is a Knight is also able to teach.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Not only is it simply wrong, it's also fundamentally against the concept of being a Master. To become a Jedi Master, one must train a Padawan to Knighthood. If only Masters could trait Padawans, the Order would fall apart in a generation.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 06:31 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

"Masters are known for their mentorship of younger Jedi. Taking on and training a Padawan into Knighthood is one step toward attaining the Rank of Jedi Master. Many Masters take on one Padawan after another, selecting an apprentice immediately following the previous apprentice's passing of the Trials. However not all Knights will choose to follow this path. Jedi Knights who have shown extraordinary service to the republic are sometimes appointed Masters through the special dispensation of the Jedi Council. In addition, Jedi Knights may elect to undergo a modified, more challenging version of the Trials of Knighthood, which, if passed, has often been accepted as a mark of mastery."-Grand Master Fae Coven in the Jedi Path

Training a Padawan to Knighthood is not necessarily required for a Knight to become a Master, but it is certainly the most often Path taken, and Knights can certainly train Padawans.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Anakin in episode III is not worth of the title of master.......

Only someone who have show the capacity to train an apprentice is allow to train one and the title of master.....
i think ur getting confused with the seperate meanings of the word master. U can be a jedi and be the master of a padawan, that doesnt necessarily mean that u have reached the rank of jedi "master".

The first use just indicates the teacher/student or master/apprentice relationship, the second is an indication of rank in the jedi order.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Emperordmb
"Masters are known for their mentorship of younger Jedi. Taking on and training a Padawan into Knighthood is one step toward attaining the Rank of Jedi Master. Many Masters take on one Padawan after another, selecting an apprentice immediately following the previous apprentice's passing of the Trials. However not all Knights will choose to follow this path. Jedi Knights who have shown extraordinary service to the republic are sometimes appointed Masters through the special dispensation of the Jedi Council. In addition, Jedi Knights may elect to undergo a modified, more challenging version of the Trials of Knighthood, which, if passed, has often been accepted as a mark of mastery."-Grand Master Fae Coven in the Jedi Path

Training a Padawan to Knighthood is not necessarily required for a Knight to become a Master, but it is certainly the most often Path taken, and Knights can certainly train Padawans.

Interesting, though not sure how this translates to TCW or the PT.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 02:14 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Interesting, though not sure how this translates to TCW or the PT.

None of the Jedi commenting in Path of the Jedi made a statement disagreeing with it, and she was the Grand Master when Yoda was a padawan. I'd assume it still held true.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by Q99
That is simply wrong. Knights have padawans.

Obi-wan the Knight taught Anakin the Padawan.

Quinlan Vos taught Aayla Secura when he was a Knight (he became a master upon her becoming a Knight).

Sharad Hett, a Knight, taught A'Sharad Hett.

Anakin the Knight teaching Ahsoka the Padawan is normal. Especially when the order was so in need of Jedi as it was during the war.

While Masters teach many students, one who is a Knight is also able to teach.

Technicaly In the apprenticeanakin cannot follow obiwan as master if Obiwan don't reach the rank, as Jedi knight he will teach Anakin n the Jedi way... But Anakin won't follow him as a padawan....
Obiwan became a master when Anakin became a padwan. And that was to quick for him.

None of the Jedi commenting in Path of the Jedi made a statement disagreeing with it, and she was the Grand Master when Yoda was a padawan. I'd assume it still held true.

How old Yoda is in RotJ?
He's 900 years.
When the great galactic war begin?
3643 BBYEcrire begining of ToR the war had begun before...
You are telleming than satele die older than Yoda did?????

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 22nd, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 12:04 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by Raptor22
i think ur getting confused with the seperate meanings of the word master. U can be a jedi and be the master of a padawan, that doesnt necessarily mean that u have reached the rank of jedi "master".

The first use just indicates the teacher/student or master/apprentice relationship, the second is an indication of rank in the jedi order.

Yeees but master and master of a Padawan is the same thing... Juste there is one who haven't a padwan... Who is just a counsular or something like that.
Master and master of an apprentice I mean the rank below padawan here O.K your master can be a Jedi Knight !

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 12:11 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

How old Yoda is in RotJ?
He's 900 years.
When the great galactic war begin?
3643 BBYEcrire begining of ToR the war had begun before...
You are telleming than satele die older than Yoda did?????

No, that was Grand Master Fae Coven who wrote that in The Jedi Path, not Satele Shan.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 04:45 PM
Q99

[B]Technicaly In the apprenticeanakin cannot follow obiwan as master if Obiwan don't reach the rank, as Jedi knight he will teach Anakin n the Jedi way... But Anakin won't follow him as a padawan....
Obiwan became a master when Anakin became a padwan. And that was to quick for him.

Obi-wan being a knight is why he was able to take Anakin as a padawan.

That's it.

Obi-wan becoming Master had *nothing* to do with Anakin's padawanship. Obi-wan becoming a master is more linked to when Anakin because a full Knight.

You still seem to think he had to become master in order to take Anakin as a padawan, and that is simply not true. There's nothing that indicates that's the case, and there's multiple instances of Knights with Padawans that we know of, including of some fairly famous knights like Aayla Secura.

Fae Coven was the Grand Master directly preceding Yoda, and her words remained true.

And then in Luke's era, he took students while he considered himself a Knight and not yet ready to be called master (Kam Solusar notably, and offering to Kyle Katarn).

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Didn't Obi-wan become a master before Anakin was a full knight?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 02:08 AM
Q99

Didn't Obi-wan become a master before Anakin was a full knight?

Yes, but I don't think by much. When Kenobi became a master precisely isn't entirely clear to me, there wasn't a clear story about it like there was Anakin's promotion.

Last edited by Q99 on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 02:38 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 02:35 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Q99
Yes, but I don't think by much. When Kenobi became a master precisely isn't entirely clear to me, there wasn't a clear story about it like there was Anakin's promotion.

Well it seems Kenobi became a member of the Jedi Council before Anakin's promotion to Knight.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:47 PM
Q99

Well it seems Kenobi became a member of the Jedi Council before Anakin's promotion to Knight.

I think he became a Master at the same time he got appointed to the council. He was a Jedi they had their eye on, and when a slot opened, they tapped him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 12:50 AM