KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Freedon Nadd vs Tulak Hord vs Marka Ragnos

Ancient Sith Lords
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Tulak Hord 6 33.33%
Marka Ragnos 8 44.44%
Freedon Nadd 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Freedon Nadd vs Tulak Hord vs Marka Ragnos
Started by: Kosmos Supreme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kosmos Supreme

Freedon Nadd vs Tulak Hord vs Marka Ragnos

Who's the strongest of the ancient sith

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Huh

Never thought I'd see that outside of EndlessMike's joke respect thread

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 03:41 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Dunno, the hype for Hord and Ragnos is above Nadd though.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 04:24 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Nadd

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 05:08 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I disagree strongly, but alas I can't choose between these three either, Kosmos.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 05:09 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Freedon Nadd was mostly the warlord of one planet who's spirit was then blown up by Exar Kun. I do not consider him one of the all time greats.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

1. Killed more Jedi than any Sith preceding him.
-With a Pistol.
2. Was apparently said to be the greatest Sorcerer up to his time, and mastered almost every Force Power.
-His hand-me-downs were practically the core of Exar's, and Zannah's knowledge of Sorcery.
3. Destroyed Naga Sadow, who himself is "one of the all time greats"

Freedon Nadd is exceptionally powerful; Bane recognized him as one of the Sith he aspired to rival as well.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 06:18 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Yeah Nadd is really powerful, actually that accolade of his pistol feat probably gives him an edge over Hord....

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 06:30 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
-With a Pistol.

I'll note that's either unlikely or easy depending on how you count it. 99% of the sith before him never met a Jedi, after all.

There was the HYD, who's 'Dark Jedi' may or may not be counted as sith in that at all, then millennia of isolation, then the short Great Hyperspace War where there was not all that much Jedi/Sith fighting.

He, meanwhile, went out and conquered one planet, after apparently searching a bit for the right one, and he lived there until his death. There could've been Jedi killed during his searching, but if so, it's unknown. Finally in the end, the Jedi found out about his world, sent 'a team' to it, and they beat and killed him.

So, the Hundred Year Darkness ones. They lived for over a hundred years and fought Jedi constantly during that time. It seems... highly unlikely that he beat them, but they weren't called sith at the time, so perhaps they're not even included.

The Great Hyperspace War ones, he does have to bet the ones there, but as it was a short-lived conflict decided, in large part, in space, that's actually believable for him to beat.

He wasn't in any great, long battles. He was a lone marauder eventually killed by a strike force- not an army.

If you look at the history, if one doesn't include the HYD Dark Jedi, then... well, there simply wasn't all that much opportunity for Jedi killing before Nadd!

If we assume some killings in his wanderings, we could be talking about a dozen or two Jedi and it'd be accurate. Could be a bit more than that.. but point is, we don't need a gigantically huge number. He never fought in a war vs the Jedi.

quote:

2. Was apparently said to be the greatest Sorcerer up to his time, and mastered almost every Force Power.

Said by whom, and how could they judge?

I mean, before him we have immortals (Andeddu) who made world-threatening sorcery plagues (Muur).

Nadd's more recent, records may not be intact on older ones. He may be famous in part because he's one of the few Sith that the Jedi actually met. Every one during the Sith Empire, they didn't encounter save for those at the war, and of the ones that survived the war, apparently several went out and caused trouble, and Freedon Nadd was supposed to be easily the worst of those batch. So that gets kinda famous.

quote:

Destroyed his spirit. Most of the time, spirits are less powerful than the originals.

quote:

Freedon Nadd is exceptionally powerful; Bane recognized him as one of the Sith he aspired to rival as well.

He's strong, but, like... normal-strong, if that makes sense. The level of a strong sith ruler to be sure, but the level a number of strong sith rulers have risen to.

His feats don't seem better than Naga Sadow's. Knowing all the known force techniques of the time is something like Naga and Ragnos both did.

We have a few impressive vague statements about him, but looking at his timeline, his accomplishments are relatively tepid. I mean, his sorcery, the highest level sorcery powers we know of him is essence transfer, which, while rare and in itself qualifies one in the upper ranks, was also known by a couple beforehand.

Ragnos? He's stronger than Naga Sadow- the living Naga Sadow! and Ludo Kressh and many other sith. He lived over a hundred years, and expanded the sith empire significantly in his time, and managed to be a sith that died of *old age*. That's impressive.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 12:00 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

All I hear is Nadd lowballing tbh

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 12:39 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ILS
All I hear is Nadd lowballing tbh

Well, that's one of the problems: We've got conflicting datapoints on him.

His life story offers very little opportunity for his hype to happen (other than stuff like 'is a great sorcerer).

Though don't get me wrong- Tulak's just as bad in that regard! He literally could not have met a Jedi going by the galactic history but he's supposed to have been in battles where a thousand Jedi died. Which, mind you, often accounts for a significant portion of the order (Jedi orders often being around 10k Jedi, sometimes less).

Marka, say what you will about him (interrupter of lightsaber duels!), at least all of his feats and accolades where they could actually happen.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 01:06 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Q99
I'll note that's either unlikely or easy depending on how you count it. 99% of the sith before him never met a Jedi, after all.

Well supposedly that wasn't the case in Tulak Hord's time, since supposedly he cut through hordes of Jedi single-handedly.

quote:
There was the HYD, who's 'Dark Jedi' may or may not be counted as sith in that at all,

Who said the quote talked about Sith? He killed more Jedi with his blaster alone than anyone else in history.

quote:
-snip-

The quote was in KOTOR II, so it applies to Revan's and Exar's reign as well.

quote:
Said by whom, and how can they judge?

Both quotes are from sourcebooks.

quote:
Destroyed his spirit. Most of the time, spirits are less powerful than the originals.

In some ways.

quote:
His feats don't seem better than Naga Sadow's. Knowing all the known force techniques of the time is something like Naga and Ragnos both did.

I'm just gonna recommend you wait for ILS's Freedon Nadd respect thread, tbh.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 01:52 PM
Revanchiste

Originally posted by NewGuy01
-With a Pistol.
-His hand-me-downs were practically the core of Exar's, and Zannah's knowledge of Sorcery.

Nadd get under Marka Ragnoss power....

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Based solely on hype, Hord wins. No contest.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 03:53 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by ares834
Based solely on hype, Hord wins. No contest.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 04:47 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Depends on the situation.

Nadd per sourcebooks knew all of the darkside techniques, was capable of creating two immense DS nexuses on his death, was capable of severing Exar from the force/disrupting his telepathic link to Vodo, and was capable of shattering Exar's bones even when dead. The guy is an immense powerhouse even based on his limited showings in TOTJ, whereas, Hord's feats really are more hard to pin down. Are they both based on hype, yeah- but Nadd's at least have some basis on actual showings. A duel between them would be based on if Hord could actually deal with Nadd's immense force power- iirc in a scan Ant provided Nadd actually did poorly in a duel. But I really doubt Hord would have an answer to Nadd's power (which is tremendous), but he'd more than likely kill in sabers.

Its hard to say

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 07:33 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Tool'ak Hord > Mark A. Ragnos > Freedon Nadd

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 07:55 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Someone had to point that out.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote