KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Kylo Ren is not Jacen Solo.

Kylo Ren is not Jacen Solo.
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

Kylo Ren is not Jacen Solo.

I heard some rumors that Kylo Ren may be Jacen Solo but I don't think he is Jacen Solo however I believe that Kylo Ren will have some sort of connection with the Skywalker but will not be Jacen Solo. For one, Jacen Solo's influence to the Dark side was brought about by Lumiya(The Light Whip Lady), whereas Kylo Ren is suppose to be drawn in by whoever Serkis' Sith Character is going to be. Then they said that Kylo Ren's injuries were from a crash and had to go on prosthetic support by which he has that in common with Lumiya; Jacen Solo never had prosthetics, even after his fight with Luke and Jaina. Jacen never used a crossguard lightsaber, just the typical single blade. Then again the stories can change but looking at things now Jacen and Kylo Ren are two different characters. What are your thoughts on them?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 03:45 AM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I can't see why someone would think he is. They are ditching the old / 'Legends' EU.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah that pretty much sums it up, really.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Maybe they mean a Jacen Solo like character.

But yeah, if people were seriously theorizing Kylo is actually Jacen that's pretty weird.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:00 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Even if he was, it doesn't mean he's gonna be the Jacen of the old EU. So it's rather moot anyway to bring that up, because if he is, it's only going to be by name.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 02:07 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ah, useless thread. How nice. wink

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 03:16 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Ah, useless thread. How nice. wink

Kylo Ren has been the rage of the sequel trilogy thus far. With his Crossguard lightsaber and his identity still a mystery, he's open to speculation by any starwars fan around. I think this thread is far from useless.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 03:29 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh really? So come up with something substantial then.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2015 08:10 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Oh really? So come up with something substantial then.

From the looks of it, they are gearing towards Jacen Solo being Kylo Ren but their backgrounds seem different from The New Jedi Order. From what I heard Han Solo gets killed by Ren, Jacen never killed his father. Jacen killed Mara Jade, Luke's wife but he never killed Han Solo. Plus Han Solo was alive after Jacen was dead.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 11:12 PM
atv2

BTW, I meant to say Sydow's character not Serkis.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 11:13 PM
atv2

Also, they mentioned that Kylo Ren taught himself the ways of the sith whereas Jacen was taught by Lumiya.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 11:14 PM
atv2

Plus Chewie was dead before Jacen became Caedus but Chewie's alive when Kylo Ren became a sith.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 11:42 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by atv2
Plus Chewie was dead before Jacen became Caedus but Chewie's alive when Kylo Ren became a sith.

This is a completely new timeline. Everything after Return of the Jedi has been erased.

Kylo Ren could still very well be Jacen, or at least a Solo kid if they change his name. Jacen and Jaina have, essentially, never existed.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 02:45 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think you should all start accepting that there will be no EU stuff in Ep7.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 08:41 PM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Not necessarily. I think there will be some stuff in there, but re-worked to fit the new continuity. At the very least there will be nods to EU items.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 02:38 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why do you think that?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 07:24 AM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Leaked concept art.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Montross and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: http://i.imgur.com/rh6XojX.jpg are supposedly the same person.

When the concept art first leaked, the image tagged Montross in the original file name. This, of course, could be completely false, but it's what was posted. Could be the same name on a new character, but it's still a nod.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 05:37 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah, clear enough.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 12:09 PM
atv2

They used the EU for the prequel trilogy can't see why not for the sequel.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 10:04 PM
queeq
Chaos

Not fully developed characters or plotlines. Just little references.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2015 07:47 AM