KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dark Troopers armor is composed of Phrik?

Dark Troopers armor is composed of Phrik?
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

Dark Troopers armor is composed of Phrik?

I bring this up because a canister of Phrik survived the destruction of Alderaan so.....

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 04:20 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yep, sure is.

quote:
Dark Troopers had 3 distinct phases, each one suited for armed conflict. The Phase One, little more than a metal skeleton, was primitive yet relentless. Its structural frame, forearm shield and razor edge carving blade were cast from phrik.

Phase Two Dark Troopers became the standard combat unit. Their phrik body shells made them tougher than the Phase One.

- Taken from New Essential Guide to Droids

A Phase 2 also survived a starship crashing on Tatooine out of hyperspace and then went on to survive a ton of more shit, before finally being destroyed in a mass explosion.

So yeah...the Dark Troopers are hella durable.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Are these the troopers in Dark Empire?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 05:28 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Dark Troopers armor is composed of Phrik?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
I bring this up because a canister of Phrik survived the destruction of Alderaan so.....

Pase I II or III?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 08:28 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by carthage
Are these the troopers in Dark Empire?

No, they showed up in the Dark Forces game, also in the Sandblasted comic, as well as various sourcebooks and such.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 12:57 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Re: Re: Dark Troopers armor is composed of Phrik?

Originally posted by Revanchiste
Pase I II or III?

All of em are phrik.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 12:57 PM
Revanchiste

Re: Re: Re: Dark Troopers armor is composed of Phrik?

Originally posted by Zenwolf
All of em are phrik.

Not first experimental model of pase I... But this doesn't count right?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

What about the phase 0 dark troopers?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 02:52 PM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dark Troopers armor is composed of Phrik?

Not first experimental model of pase I... But this doesn't count right?

The Phase 1 has a phrik skeleton frame, shield and blade so...yeah.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 03:25 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
What about the phase 0 dark troopers?

Those were just moreso predecessors, but they weren't phrik no. The Phase Zeroes used much of the tech that transformed Anakin into Vader though. The Phase Zeroes were just Clone Trooper cyborgs.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 03:29 PM
Revanchiste

+ Some phase III are made with cortosis I don't remember where could you find them... Don't remember it was about testing new thing of phase 3 to create the Phase IV, phase that could replace phase II something than Phase III have failed....
In the opinion of the officier and scientists in charge.. And in my opinion too...

Last edited by Revanchiste on Mar 27th, 2015 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 03:57 PM
Zenwolf

+ Some phase III are made with cortosis I don't remember where could you find them... Don't remember it was about testing new thing of phase 3 to create the Phase IV, phase that could replace phase II something than Phase III have failed....
In the opinion of the officier and scientists in charge.. And in my opinion too...

All the Dark Troopers were made of phrik, which yes included the Phase 3, also the Phase 3 was the final stage, there wasn't anything about another Phase after.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 04:02 PM
Revanchiste

Find it it was rumors and wrong intell to the rebels... The info was release after the lunch of the pase III.
Holonet *****.
Offer you more info than you really need. So you get a more obscure shot of the picture.......

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 05:30 PM
Revanchiste

P.S : It was an initiativ from the Général Mohc.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 06:23 PM