KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Lords of the Sith

Star Wars: Lords of the Sith
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Star Wars: Lords of the Sith

http://www.swbooks.co.uk/archive/ne...of_the_sith.htm

Can't wait for this book. Also, I find it interesting that it takes place before Tarkin. AND CHAM SYNDULLA FTW!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 08:15 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Buying it when it comes out.

It looks good, arguably the two best characters in the entire mythos working together, its a great plot and I can't wait to read it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 08:21 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Agreed.

Vader says he's much more powerful in the Force than when he was a Jedi. And this is just a few years after RotS (I think). So, that's interesting.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 08:24 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

"A hatch on the far side of the hall slid open to reveal a purple-skinned Twi'lek man in makeshift armor. Seeing Vader, the Twi'lek's head-tails twitched, his eyes widened in surprise, and he grabbed for the blaster at his belt. By the time the Twi'lek had his blaster drawn and the trigger pulled, Vader had his lightsaber in hand and ignited. He deflected the blaster shot into the wall, raised his off hand, and with it reached out with the Force.
The Twi'lek pawed frantically at his throat as Vader's power lifted him off the deck, but to his credit he held on to his weapon, and gagging, dying, he managed to aim and fire his blaster at Vader again and again. Vader simply held his grip on the alien's throat while casually deflecting the blasts into the bulkhead with his lightsaber. Then, not wanting to waste time, he moved his raised hand left and then right, using the Force to smash the Twi'lek into the bulkhead. The impacts shattered bone, and Vader let the body fall to the deck."

smokin'

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 09:55 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

"But Vader, standing behind the Throne, knew better. His Master was never lost in thought. The Emperor's thinking ranged over time and distance in a way not even Vader fully understood, allowing him to anticipate and plan for contingencies others did not recognize. Vader hoped to learn the technique one day, provided he didn't kill his Master first."

Interesting...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 10:36 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Thank you for sharing this link, will be a nice read after studying before bed tonight.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

No probs, and it really is a great read.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 10:46 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vader would kill Sidious

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 11:17 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
"A hatch on the far side of the hall slid open to reveal a purple-skinned Twi'lek man in makeshift armor. Seeing Vader, the Twi'lek's head-tails twitched, his eyes widened in surprise, and he grabbed for the blaster at his belt. By the time the Twi'lek had his blaster drawn and the trigger pulled, Vader had his lightsaber in hand and ignited. He deflected the blaster shot into the wall, raised his off hand, and with it reached out with the Force.
The Twi'lek pawed frantically at his throat as Vader's power lifted him off the deck, but to his credit he held on to his weapon, and gagging, dying, he managed to aim and fire his blaster at Vader again and again. Vader simply held his grip on the alien's throat while casually deflecting the blasts into the bulkhead with his lightsaber. Then, not wanting to waste time, he moved his raised hand left and then right, using the Force to smash the Twi'lek into the bulkhead. The impacts shattered bone, and Vader let the body fall to the deck."

smokin'
Is that a real quote from the book?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yep.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 12:58 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Vader's mental state at the moment:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 02:42 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
Vader would kill Sidious

In fact he did kill him thumb up

Agreed.

Vader says he's much more powerful in the Force than when he was a Jedi. And this is just a few years after RotS (I think). So, that's interesting.

You have that quote?

Apparently Anakin became Vastly more powerful from TCW Season 5 to ROTS (according to the official site) and vastly more powerful than Dooku according to The Complete Encyclopedia, and now he's vastly more powerful than even that just a few years after ROTS?

At this rate he should be a Sith god by ANH.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 30th, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 10:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

http://www.swbooks.co.uk/archive/ne...of_the_sith.htm

Can't wait for this book. Also, I find it interesting that it takes place before Tarkin. AND CHAM SYNDULLA FTW!

Ah, Interesting, reading your link, and the first page claims Vader's injuries have actually strengthened his connection the force instead of hindering it. That's completely contradictory to Lucas's stance that Disney may have taken here.

Though I assume his potential has still been severely depleted, simply because otherwise the whole OT wouldn't make much sense narratively speaking.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 10:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Ah, Interesting, reading your link, and the first page claims Vader's injuries have actually strengthened his connection the force instead of hindering it. That's completely contradictory to Lucas's stance that Disney may have taken here.

Another reason why you people will probably be wrong about all the supposed hype of the new movies/books.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 11:14 AM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyKulvax

I hope this book is a sign of a new consistent standard for canon because it is the best I've read in a very long time.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 12:14 PM
Click here to Send LadyKulvax a Private Message Find more posts by LadyKulvax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well as long as Vader's potential is hindered, why would his overall power be? I mean yeah he was cut to pieces, but for the most part it was just talking about his potential being cut...which is obvious of course, but that doesn't mean he still can't become extraordinarily powerful.

His potential =/= Overall power.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 12:26 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Indeed.

The first 50 pages were extremely good. Probably my favorite out of all the new books, honestly. I also love how badass Vader is portrayed by Disney.

Cham is also fantastic.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 01:23 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I love it Kemp wrote tremendously in Deceived, and his ability to clearly depict events and stay true to characters is interesting. The dynamics between Palpatine and Vader's relationships as cooperating allies is one I've never even imagined. This is going to be an excellent book.

Last edited by carthage on Mar 30th, 2015 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 06:13 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Vader is shaping up to be extremely badass in the new canon, and I am glad. Some EU novel/comic portrayals of him were cringeworthy.

Kemp is easily one of the best Star Wars authors ever. Excellent read.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by carthage
I love it Kemp wrote tremendously in Deceived, and his ability to clearly depict events and stay true to characters is interesting. The dynamics between Palpatine and Vader's relationships as cooperating allies is one I've never even imagined. This is going to be an excellent book.
thumb up
Originally posted by Trocity
Vader is shaping up to be extremely badass in the new canon, and I am glad. Some EU novel/comic portrayals of him were cringeworthy.

Kemp is easily one of the best Star Wars authors ever. Excellent read.
thumb up

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 06:36 PM