KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » When did tiering become so...simplistic?

When did tiering become so...simplistic?
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

When did tiering become so...simplistic?

So I may not be noticing something, but I seem to note with some characters that they get ranked so highly compared to others because of who they faced or just like one or two accolades about them.

Before now you examined each and every thing about a character and that character was noted as being better than the other.

Now I see, Character A gets one feat or so + a few accolades but Character B has a ton of feats + accolades from across all sources saying all sorts of things.

Yet...Character A can still be ranked up with Character B?

Did I miss something in the past where this all was changed?

I'm not saying this as a slight to the lesser characters, it's just something I've noticed and am rather curious about to see if I missed something.

Old Post May 11th, 2015 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

More feats =/= better feats, otherwise Quinlan Vos would be above TPM Sidious. That's why.

Old Post May 11th, 2015 05:57 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

New what I was meaning by more feats is...

Character A fights Bad Guy A, Bad Guy A is noted as the best planet combatant yet A beats Bad Guy.

Character B meanwhile beats Bad Guy B who is noted the best combatant out of 3 separate planets and has killed a large beast with their bare hands ontop of previously getting shot in the arm. Yet Character B beats him.

Yet what I'm seeing is that Character A can still be up there with Character B.

Old Post May 11th, 2015 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Depends on the planet the combatant was from, but on an average basis you'd be correct in assuming Character B would win. thumb up

Old Post May 11th, 2015 06:05 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Tiering has always been a way to simplify a fairly complex relationship between power, skill, and so on.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I know Q tiering is simple, but how it goes about was always more elaborate before from what I remember.

Now it's just

/Insert one quote of a character's skill or reputation or posting a single feat.

= They are high tier or suddenly comparable to other high tier characters.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 01:20 PM
Q99

Which doesn't make the tiers themselves simple, but it's more like... some of these people should only be provisionally tiered, until we discover more.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: When did tiering become so...simplistic?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So I may not be noticing something, but I seem to note with some characters that they get ranked so highly compared to others because of who they faced or just like one or two accolades about them.

Before now you examined each and every thing about a character and that character was noted as being better than the other.

Now I see, Character A gets one feat or so + a few accolades but Character B has a ton of feats + accolades from across all sources saying all sorts of things.

Yet...Character A can still be ranked up with Character B?

Did I miss something in the past where this all was changed?

I'm not saying this as a slight to the lesser characters, it's just something I've noticed and am rather curious about to see if I missed something.

Because of lazyness !!!! That's why I get lazy too, as in the research and syntaxe (and also my grammar).... Because nobody do a single effort...

People forget to think, to make deduction.. To notice some facts...

People say yhea Starkiller better TK than Revan cuz starkiller is able to pull down a star destroyer...

Forgetting that Revan was able to unleashh a force storm base on alter envirnoment on mass scale wich is a pretty much impressive TK feat, it is even more impressiv that Revan even control the lightning from the sky ---> that mean Revan is able, of sub-atomic reaction at mass cale elvel at 10 000m above his head.. SO no doubt tha revan would be able to perform the same kind of feat..

But Since Revan didn't pull down a star destroyer from teh sky people say : "He is not able."

So if Starkiller didn't defeat Revan in his career how could he win? (If I follow the same logic)

You see pure lazness, as people like us make hypothesis, that how we retcon most of Star war technology and it was not evident.

+Some people of DC or Marvel live among us. As their statement couldn't be contradicted.

But one thing is sure character 1 always stomp character 2.

1A
1B
1C

For some basic expotential reason.... A character 9 can go toes to toies with a character 7.... And even win..

A character 2A always get stomp by 1C.

+There is the X factor and how characters reacts..

I mean there is some character you do basicly impossible feats, Gut go toes to toes with daemon thousand time more powerfull than himself, without using tricks or subtility...

Masterchief have an insane luck....

Solid Snake is cursed....

Last edited by Revanchiste on May 13th, 2015 at 04:17 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2015 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote