KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Legends Canon: Qui-Gon's prime.

Legends Canon: Qui-Gon's prime.
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Legends Canon: Qui-Gon's prime.

So, we get a lot of "he was past his prime" comments in VS videos, so that pretty much inspired this thread. What do you guys think Qui-Gon's prime is? Jedi Apprentice? One of the comics? Or some time during Xanatos' apprenticeship to Jinn? I'm curious about this since I'm a huge Jinn fan. So......... Discuss!

Old Post May 5th, 2015 02:14 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm more impressed with his duel with Maul than anything else, but he was past his physical prime, that's what makes pegging an overall prime on him so hard.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 5th, 2015 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

True, but like in all prior novels(Jedi Apprentice came before EP2 and was even in production during EP1 according to Jude Watson) Jinn's stamina is substantial. JA states this several times and-unless I'm missing an "anti-accolade" or quote- there's nothing that suggests that Jinn was waning in strength. Hell in one of the JA books he's stated to have perfect mastery of the force(idr which book but give me a break it was a twenty something series) so yeah, idk i'm very curious about his prime

Old Post May 5th, 2015 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Eh, even so, going in that long a fight against Maul is pretty impressive stamina wise.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 5th, 2015 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

He likely slowed down somewhat, though that's just speculation - some of his speed feats from other novels were pretty impressive, and then Kenobi was faster than him during TPM, though that is obviously largely due to Kenobi's improvement. It just seemed like Jinn's speed from his point of view in earlier novels made him marvel. Jinn seems to have maintained his strength in TPM though as his blows were sending shudders through Maul's body iirc.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hero of Python
Deanmon

I'd say TPM Jinn was pretty close to his prime. If he didn't have to single-handedly fight Naboo's war (all that running around and negotiating must have been tiring), he probably would have lasted even longer against Maul.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Hero of Python a Private Message Find more posts by Hero of Python Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Lmao that's funny, but oddly enough it makes sense.

Old Post May 5th, 2015 03:19 AM
Darth Abonis

I think a prime Qui-Gon could have defeated Maul, a AOTC Obi-Wan couldn't beat TPM Maul and a ROTS Kenobi could've beat both TPM Maul and TCW Maul, IMHO.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

More things keep coming up as I dig for certain character feats. One of the comics seems to state that the reason Maul was trying to separate Obi and Jinn was because they could have beaten him together. Inconsistencies galore folks.

Anyway yeah, I'm with Abonis on the Qui-Gon part.

Old Post May 13th, 2015 12:57 AM
Revanchiste

Re: Legends Canon: Qui-Gon's prime.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So, we get a lot of "he was past his prime" comments in VS videos, so that pretty much inspired this thread. What do you guys think Qui-Gon's prime is? Jedi Apprentice? One of the comics? Or some time during Xanatos' apprenticeship to Jinn? I'm curious about this since I'm a huge Jinn fan. So......... Discuss!

Jedi aprentice first book.. When he was training Xanatos he lost his prime after the fight against his apprentice...

End of the story...

Old Post May 13th, 2015 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote