KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is the Darth Plagueis novel Quasi-canon?

Is the Darth Plagueis novel Quasi-canon?
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Yes, Pablo Hidalgo. The guy who is pretty much head of the new story group.

We've also got the official announcement basically saying they are dumping the EU which the novelizations were predominantly considered to be. By contrast the only source claiming they are canon is DelRey's twitter. And not only do they have no say in the canon process, but they released a clarifying tweet which can be just as easily interpreted as them saying the novels aren't canon.

Heck, parts of the novelization have already been contradicted and we are getting new adaptations of the OT. Seems pretty cut and dry that they aren't canon.

Do you have a direct quote?
Aside from that, I see where you're coming from, but the ROTS novel is quite different from the other film novelizations. Even before the new canon it was considered borderline G-canon because of the whole "there's nothing in this novel GL himself didn't want in there".

The North Remembers

Old Post May 24th, 2015 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I've no quote directly stating that the novelizations aren't canon. But then, I also don't have one directly stating Tales of the Jedi is non-canon as well.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
I've no quote directly stating that the novelizations aren't canon. But then, I also don't have one directly stating Tales of the Jedi is non-canon as well.

There are quotes that say the novels are canon though. So this is all based on your interpretation?

The North Remembers

Old Post May 24th, 2015 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

There is also a list that mentioned all the materiel that was canon at the time from an actual credible source and the novelizations weren't listed. So no, it's not just my interpretation.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 05:31 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote