KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who were the best royal guards?

Who were the best royal guards?
Started by: Darth Demenos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Demenos

Who were the best royal guards?

Who were the best royal guards in the star wars universe ?

examples: shadow guard
imperial sovereign protectors
imperial sentinels
vitiate's royal guard
imperial guard (red guard)

i dont know everything about them all but im going with the imperial sovereign protectors on this one.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Demenos a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demenos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Imperial Knights via bias

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 04:25 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

From the list as I see it.

Sovereign Guards > Shadow Guards > Vitiate's Imperial Guard(They aren't Royal Guards, Royal Guard= Palpatine) > Imperial Sentinel > Red Guard.

Overall? What ILS said, Imperial Knights would be the best out of them all.

Although you may be able to swap between the Sovereign and Shadow considering the Sovereign are top dog in the Guardsmen status, but by feats the Shadow Guard shows better. The Royal Guard would be before the Sovereign and Shadow, yet after the Imperial Guard.

I feel the Sentinels could be bumped up, but I dunno if they have any showings. They are described as good, but mindless. Could probably bump the Red Guard ahead of them because of that, but i'll just keep it where it is.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 04:58 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ironically, one of the stronger individuals we know who'd fit on that list, Kir Kanos, was a 'simple' red guard.

I'd be tempted to put Vitiate's Imperial Guard higher on the list. Lassicar has a nice kill-count of Jedi and Sith- though that's just an exceptional individual among the IG so maybe not.

Imperial Knights do seem likely to be the strongest, since they pretty much are combat-focused Jedi masters assigned to protect the Emperor/Empress (and who spend most of their time detached as generals and accomplishing other important missions).

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Ironically, one of the stronger individuals we know who'd fit on that list, Kir Kanos, was a 'simple' red guard.

I'd be tempted to put Vitiate's Imperial Guard higher on the list. Lassicar has a nice kill-count of Jedi and Sith- though that's just an exceptional individual among the IG so maybe not.

Imperial Knights do seem likely to be the strongest, since they pretty much are combat-focused Jedi masters assigned to protect the Emperor/Empress (and who spend most of their time detached as generals and accomplishing other important missions).

Kanos was a Royal Guard not a Red Guard.

Red Guards were from the Senate Commandos.

But yeah, as a whole that's where I put em and it seems fair.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So full list as I see it, goes.

1. Imperial Knights

2. Sovereign Protectors

3. Palps Shadow Guard

4. Palps Royal Guard

5. Vitiate's Imperial Guard

6. Imperial Sentinel

7. Red Guard

8. Senate Guards/Commandos

This taking into account their weapons, armor and so on. Though the Sentinel kind of takes a big hit, due to pretty much being mindless from what I've gathered. So you could probably bump up the Red Guard in their place and the Sentinel takes 7th. You can also bump up the Shadows and switch them with the Sovereign considering the Shadows have better feats.

Though this is how I see it from all the information I have.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 11:37 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Kanos was a Royal Guard not a Red Guard.

Red Guards were from the Senate Commandos.

But yeah, as a whole that's where I put em and it seems fair.

Oops. Thanks for the info.

Your list looks pretty good to me.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Appreciate that.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 12:15 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Craig was pretty good.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Now, individual power aside, which ones did the best job of actually keeping their bosses alive?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 03:05 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Reggie.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Q99
Now, individual power aside, which ones did the best job of actually keeping their bosses alive?

Obviously not the Imperial Knights.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 04:40 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by FreshestSlice

They did pretty good keeping Roan alive against Krayt! ... but, uh, yea, that last bit was minus points ^^

Palpatine's royal guards always seemed to vanish when there was time for a duel or such, because the people he most had to worry about, his apprentice and prospective apprentices, were ones he actually wanted to face.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 01:16 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Part of the Imperial Knight oath is to kill their Emperor if he strays towards the dark side. Considering Roan was going to massacre the population of Coruscant just to kill the Sith I'd say taking him out was a good move on their part.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 02:02 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by ILS
Part of the Imperial Knight oath is to kill their Emperor if he strays towards the dark side. Considering Roan was going to massacre the population of Coruscant just to kill the Sith I'd say taking him out was a good move on their part.

thumb up

He had lost his mind.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Which would be relevant, but doesn't actually pertain to the question asked, now does it?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 03:17 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Q99
They did pretty good keeping Roan alive against Krayt! ... but, uh, yea, that last bit was minus points ^^

Palpatine's royal guards always seemed to vanish when there was time for a duel or such, because the people he most had to worry about, his apprentice and prospective apprentices, were ones he actually wanted to face.

Palps Guards were just standing around for the most part in a lot of their appearances. Though in Betrayal, 5 of them took on a small army that was trying to assassinate Palpatine and Palps only got involved because a stray blaster bolt made him spill some of his drink.

This is the only showing I can think of where they actively defended Palps, rest of their showings is just them standing around next to him.

The Red Guards actually have some pretty good showings of defending their charges, a group of them defended Palpatine from battle droids and Magnaguards.

The Senate Guards/Commandos have some showings defending the Chancellor previous to Palpatine and also various Senators.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 4th, 2015 at 08:31 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 08:28 PM
Q99

I know Emperor Palpatine was kidnapped at least once, by Arden Lyn and her students.

More than likely he was playing at being a weak old man there, so more than likely she beat some Royal Guards to do so.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 08:44 PM
Zenwolf

It was actually her and Zaarin's forces, so she wasn't alone there with just her students. But yeah, although she did have an amp via the Kashi Mer Talisman.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 09:05 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which would be relevant, but doesn't actually pertain to the question asked, now does it?
Sure, but you made this point:

Old Post Jun 4th, 2015 09:17 PM