KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Wrath of Darth Vader - Star Wars Rebels

The Wrath of Darth Vader - Star Wars Rebels
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Wrath of Darth Vader - Star Wars Rebels

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Sabine should have died right there...anyway, that aside it looks nice. Can't wait to see Vader kick all kinds of ****.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 16th, 2015 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They're going to nerf him so badly so that those losers from the Main cast survive lol.

He could've easily stalled that Lamda shuttle with telekinesis, and there is no way Sabine should've lived.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 06:37 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
They're going to nerf him so badly so that those losers from the Main cast survive lol.

He could've easily stalled that Lamda shuttle with telekinesis, and there is no way Sabine should've lived.

It seems to me Vader was just toying with them and has a far bigger plan in mind considering his dialogue.

But...yeah, if he is nerfed, I just hope it's nothing drastic.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Characters in the films and the non-Genndy TV shows don't use the force to stop shuttles... That sorta shit is reserved for the comics, books, and games. Here his power will be more on a level with characters from the films.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:07 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

He was, like, literally right behind them and he didn't/couldn't do shit, lmfao. Pathetic. That was something I was hoping they'd avoid. And like carthage said stalling that ship with the Force should be well within his range of capabilities - even in the new canon.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:09 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Just like preventing Luke from falling am I right?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:10 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Seeing as how he just previously casually threw Kanan and Ezra around he should be more than capable of preventing them from escaping on the shuttle, to be honest.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:18 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Seeing as how he just previously casually threw Kanan and Ezra around he should be more than capable of preventing them from escaping on the shuttle, to be honest.

Didn't he throw around ships in LoS? Or was it Tarkin?

But even still yeah, he should have been able to stop the shuttle considering his TK power and overall power accolades/feats in the new canon already. But honestly, it seems like he has something much bigger planned in mind.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 16th, 2015 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:18 PM
ares834

He should be able to. But plot armor. Plus [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he intentionally lets them escape.

Originally posted by Zenwolf

But even still yeah, he should have been able to stop the shuttle.

It baffles me that people still don’t realize that power levels are inconsistent especially between different forms of media.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:22 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Zenwolf

But even still yeah, he should have been able to stop the shuttle considering his TK power and overall power accolades/feats in the new canon already. But honestly, it seems like he has something much bigger planned in mind.
If they're going to make his power level the same as in the movies in Rebels then they shouldn't be having him doing crazy shit in the supposedly aligned and consistent new books/comics. Having varying power-levels in different forms of media is just stupid now that they were given a fresh slate to make things consistent. That's how I view it.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:24 PM
Zenwolf

No I know there are inconsistencies, I was just merely asking.

Also if he did Ares, then there ya go King, no worries.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:25 PM
ares834

If they're going to make his power level the same as in the movies in Rebels then they shouldn't be having him doing crazy shit in the supposedly aligned and consistent new books/comics. Having varying power-levels in different forms of media is just stupid now that they were given a fresh slate to make things consistent. That's how I view it.

I agree. But I feel this a problem with LotS. It made Vader far too powerful. It's completely inconsistent with what we see in the films and is not something I (a Vader fanboy) want to see.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:28 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by ares834
I agree. But I feel this a problem with LotS. It made Vader far too powerful. It's completely inconsistent with what we see in the films and is not something I (a Vader fanboy) want to see.
Yeah, well I suppose it was inevitable. Unfortunate nonetheless.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:31 PM
Nargaroth

To me, it looks like Vader was toying with them. At the end of the video, he says that the Rebels wouldn't leave Lothal yet, implying that he was holding back. And as far as consistency with the movies goes, Vader was clearly holding back in them, and not using the full scope of his powers, so I don't see the problem there.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It’s not just Vader though. No characters in the films display anywhere near the level of power that Vader and Palpatine were wielding in LotS. The greatest display of power we see is Yoda lifting an X-Wing. Even the battle of the two greatest masters shows nothing more than them flinging those pods at each other.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:41 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This is exactly the reason for my complaint when LotS came out. erm

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

That's not just about Lots however. TCW also has feats like Palpatine chocking Darth Tyranus from across the galaxy, Maul pulling a ship off a cliff under negative circumstances, and Dooku lifting something like 15 multi ton obelisks. Heck, even pre-prime Ashoka collapsed a large wall wih ease. Oh, and there's also Anakin destroying the support binders of a huge building while underwater.

All (or almost all) these showings are noticeably, and sometimes much better than anything we've seen in the movies, and mostly done by characters below or well below Sidious and Yoda. It just looks like SW characters have been made more powerful in any medium recently.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Nargaroth
That's not just about Lots however. TCW also has feats like Palpatine chocking Darth Tyranus from across the galaxy, Maul pulling a ship off a cliff under negative circumstances, and Dooku lifting something like 15 multi ton obelisks. Heck, even pre-prime Ashoka collapsed a large wall wih ease. Oh, and there's also Anakin destroying the support binders of a huge building while underwater.

All (or almost all) these showings are noticeably, and sometimes much better than anything we've seen in the movies, and mostly done by characters below or well below Sidious and Yoda. It just looks like SW characters have been made more powerful in any medium recently.

And yet, none of those compare to what characters were doing in LotS which had character ripping apart space ships or pulling them out of the sky, knocking back hundreds of those Lileks, etc…

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:29 PM
The_Tempest

Inconsistent power levels?? In Star Wars? nowai

Originally posted by Nephthys
This is exactly the reason for my complaint when LotS came out. erm

The only time you dislike epic feats is when they concern movie characters. #transparent

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:50 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote