KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ranking the Criminal Underworld....

Ranking the Criminal Underworld....
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Which is why I said:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Depends what is considered "criminal underground" and what isn't. I doubt there is much that can stand against the Hutt Empire during its heyday.

When Zenwolf responded the Hutt Empire appears to match what he wanted.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:55 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Eh...tbh I don't see much info in the way for this Hutt Empire in what they did. As far as what I was looking for.

Plus when they were around, no other organization was there to challenge them. So I question as them being number 1 anyway.

Black Sun seems most fitting as number 1 given what is known and what they did, who they surpassed and so on.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 17th, 2015 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I can only assume Wolf was confused and thought you meant the Hutt Cartel considering:
quote:
Ya know, smuggling, gun running, drugs, extortion, bribery, information gathering, black market trading, assassination, political corruption, etc so on and so forth.
The Hutt Empire partook in none of these activities.

They were warlords, they had armies and conquered stuff, the whole idea is that they turned to crime after the collapse of their civilisation.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jun 17th, 2015 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Information gathering lol

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Information gathering lol

What? Crime Organizations can get someone info...provided you have enough credits.

Also Beni I was sort of thinking that he was talking about the Hutt Cartel..

But anyway yeah, from what I see, the Hutt Empire was just a bunch of warlords and the like that didn't do anything of what stipulations I have panned out.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 17th, 2015 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well again I'd raise the Zann Consortium.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well again I'd raise the Zann Consortium.

Wait yeah, I goofed they are different things. Whoops!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:09 PM
ares834

The Hutt Empire partook in none of these activities.

They were warlords, they had armies and conquered stuff, the whole idea is that they turned to crime after the collapse of their civilisation.

No. They actually partook in pretty much all of those. lol

Sure they had armies but they used commerce as a weapon as well. I recall they enslaved an entire species by making them so in debt that they were forced to sell their race and planet to the Hutts.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:11 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It's kinda hard to be a criminal power IMO, when you are the dominant power in the Galaxy. Can't exactly be a criminal when you're the ones setting the rules.

Hell, you could probably put a lot of those things on the Galactic Empire tbh. They aren't a criminal organization though.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Jun 17th, 2015 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sure you can.

The US gov't does illegal shit all the time.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:16 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I recall they enslaved an entire species by making them so in debt that they were forced to sell their race and planet to the Hutts.
How is that illegal? Besides that was done by the Cartel, post-Empire.
The US gov't does illegal shit all the time.
So the US gov't is a criminal/underworld organisation?

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jun 17th, 2015 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:20 PM
ares834

How is that illegal? Besides that was done by the Cartel, post-Empire.

They also did it prior to Xim’s empire IIRC.

So the US gov't is a criminal/underworld organisation?

Never said that did I?

The Hutt Empire, however, was involved with what is usually considered “underworld” activities. It met Zen’s requirements hence why I’ve argued for it.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:25 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yet to see any evidence of them engaging in any "underworld" activities of any kind.

So yeah, those requirements have yet to be met.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:29 PM
Zenwolf

I'm still thinking BS is #1 because the competition for the Hutt Empire wasn't that great as far as Underworld stuff went. In fact from the looks of it, there wasn't any other competition.

Whereas the Black Sun blew away all other crime syndicates and noted as the most powerful out of them all.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:35 PM
ares834

You're right, there wasn't much competition. Because they squashed it like they did to Zim. Regardless, it wasn't technically a criminal organization so I could see why some won't consider it.

In which case, I'd say the Zann Consortium seem to weild the most power.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:39 PM
Zenwolf

I can see the Zann as 2 and Hutt as 3 respectively behind the Black Sun.

What about The Exchange or Czerka though?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:41 PM
WildBantha88

I wonder where Czerka Corp is ranked. They seemed to be prominent during TOR era

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:52 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Czerka isn't really a criminal organisation, sure some of their business practices were questionable but they were first and foremost a legal corporation and arms dealer.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 09:56 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Swtor Smuggler was supposed to be the biggest single crime boss up til their time.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Czerka isn't really a criminal organisation, sure some of their business practices were questionable but they were first and foremost a legal corporation and arms dealer.

I always felt it was, but then again....eh. I guess it wouldn't apply.

So this just leaves The Exchange as last then?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 10:42 PM